Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 40 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Pamigena

Record Breaker
poor pooh's gonna be so sick...

This off-season, Javier did 38 ice shows in Japan, while Yuzu did 42 ones. They both worked hard in any ways.
yikes... I'd say they've earned their vacations fair and square.

I've got the pics from this blog.
here are some more pictures (so much bling :love: )

Yuzu sake & jam
Yuzu juice....to make yuzu mojito :yes:
unfortunately I'm not very big on mojitos, but I'm pretty sure some of that Yuzu would go very well with Finlandia vodka, too :biggrin:

unico

Final Flight
News on Time of Awakening DVD Videos

ゆづ「覚醒の時」スポーツ会初のDVD1位/
Generic news video talking about DVD sales surpassing sales for sports DVDs, including those from Asada and Takahashi. Most importantly is baby cowboy Hanyu doing a 1L.

あさチャン! ゆづDVD1位
This one has more clips from the DVD. Very cute baby Hanyu clips, and a clip of him talking with a school friend (and being very competitive even in school haha).

YH: Chinese Literature is easy.
Friend: Kaeriten*?
YH: Yeah, like kaeriten.
Friend: That's amazing, can you really do it?
YH: It's my strong point. Chinese Literature is easy. If there wasn't any Reading Comprehension, I would be a "Good at Japanese Literature Guy". Hahaha.

*marking beside the characters in Chinese text to indicate order of reading for Japanese people. I don't really know how to explain it LOL

Again, please correct my translation if wrong!!
BTW, thank you ioanap for you translation of Javier's article!!

firal

Record Breaker
Thanks for the interview! I love his attitude towards his beloved sport and the way he is able to pick himself right up after the disappointment at Sochi. Very happy that he is saying he'll stick around for another four more years, even happier that I'll get to see him at Skate Canada! Do we know if he is going to Finlandia? Or is SC going to be the first time he show us both of his "happy" programs? :laugh:

Wow, so those ice shows do pay quite a bit huh? Guess that's how those music players plus headphones are funded? :biggrin:

Mid-way through my viewing of Hanyu's DVD (savoring it since we won't see him for a while), and he mentioned that his most memorable Olympics was the Salt Lake City one featuring the battle between Yagudin and Plushenko. I think he is someone who is definitely fired up by intense challenge and competition. Having Javier beside him, and a strong Team Japan was probably really motivating for him. Looking forward to all the top men challenging themselves and each other!

annca

On the Ice

ゆづ「覚醒の時」スポーツ会初のDVD1位/
Generic news video talking about DVD sales surpassing sales for sports DVDs, including those from Mao and Daisuke. Most importantly is baby cowboy Hanyu doing a 1L.

あさチャン! ゆづDVD1位
This one has more clips from the DVD. Very cute baby Hanyu clips, and a clip of him talking with a school friend (and being very competitive even in school haha).

YH: It's my strong point. Chinese Literature is easy. Even if there wasn't any Chinese Literature, I would be a "Good at Japanese Literature Guy". Hahaha.

*marking beside the characters in Chinese text to indicate order of reading for Japanese people. I don't really know how to explain it LOL

thank you so much for the info :yay:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
He will go to Finlandia Trophy, GP series: NHK and Cup Of China. What a pity he will no go to Skate Canada or America this year. But maybe next season. I hope so!:)

I think firal question referred to Javi.:think:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Well a female has breasts so that may affect too
well… :slink:

yes, I'm aware of how super constructive this post was :laugh:

but, you know, when I now look at my little 30x40cm costume canvases, I really have to wonder if those are still life-sized or already bigger than the original model :unsure: hmmmm

Meoima

Match Penalty
Well, how about this? Honestly, when I first saw it, I was like :jaw:
Don't be fool by his pretty baby face. He is still a man inside out, and an excellent athlete nevertheless. :biggrin:
He obviously is stronger than most of us here. You can't perform 2 quad and 8 triples without strength. He must have off-ice training a lot, to develop his body to that extent. Mostly muscle I suppose, since he only has 3% fat.;)

Pamigena

Record Breaker
we could totally turn this into a guessing game, like when everybody tried to figure out how tall he is by now :popcorn:
so, what do we think? All natural or padded sports bra? :biggrin:
(everyone who takes me seriously gets an unfunny points deduction)

skatefan22

Medalist
we could totally turn this into a guessing game, like when everybody tried to figure out how tall he is by now :popcorn:
so, what do we think? All natural or padded sports bra? :biggrin:
(everyone who takes me seriously gets an unfunny points deduction)

He seems to prefer a natural one :laugh:
(ps. He insisted to be called Yuzuki at that moment)

Pamigena

Record Breaker
which reminds me... when I saw this post my first thought was "thank God Kanako didn't react to losing by ripping her shirt off like somebody else did" :laugh:

SuzyQ

Medalist

ゆづ「覚醒の時」スポーツ会初のDVD1位/
Generic news video talking about DVD sales surpassing sales for sports DVDs, including those from Mao and Daisuke. Most importantly is baby cowboy Hanyu doing a 1L.

あさチャン! ゆづDVD1位

YH: It's my strong point. Chinese Literature is easy. Even if there wasn't any Chinese Literature, I would be a "Good at Japanese Literature Guy". Hahaha.

BTW, thank you ioanap for you translation of Javier's article!!

He is saying "Moshi dokkai ga nakattara", meaning "Except for reading comprehension (category)", I would be a Good at Japanese Literature Guy.

The test categories in Japanese are Chinese Literature, Classical Japanese and Modern Japanese including Kanji characters, reading comprehension, etc.

Yuzuru may not be good at reading comprehension of modern Japanese? :think:
Maybe comparing to other categories, I think. At least, better than me :laugh: