Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 223 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Honestly, skating while injured knowing the score inflation that he can get will probably do him and anyone at the competition no favors at all .. Anyway, good luck Yuzuru, I hope that you will rightfully earn your spot at the GPF.

And you know there is going to be a score inflation because...?

Meoima

Match Penalty
Honestly, skating while injured knowing the score inflation that he can get will probably do him no favors at all .. Anyway, good luck Yuzuru, I hope that you will rightfully earn your spot at the GPF.
:drama:People just like to assume that skaters like being given too much from the judges, just to justify their dislikeness towards those skaters, because all those people want is to direct their hate from the judges to skaters who never score themselves.

You know what, skaters don't think that much. They go out there and skate all they can, injured or not, unprepared or not, it's what they have been trained for. Tell me why Joshi still skated at CoR not long after her surgery? She had no chance of a medal there for sure. Tell me why Han Yan still went to TEB despite knowing beforehand that he had no hope for GPF? No matter how much I have pondered, I can't get straight into the mind of those who like to post ugly/negative comments towards skaters.

These athletes have plenty of stress to suffer, sometimes they get screwed by the judges, sometimes the judges are lenient on them, and they can do nothing about it, they were trained to go out and perform and accept the scores. it's not like they like being scrutinized by anyone.

Oh you hero behind keyboard saying stuff like you can walk in their minds. :rolleye:

Last edited:

Nemorml

On the Ice
And you know there is going to be a score inflation because...?

Because it's the NHK trophy in Japan and Yuzuru is the reigning Olympic champion, anyone that follows figure skating for some time can at least think about a home inflation. And i'm not directing this to Yuzuru, this is none of his fault. I think we shouldn't be naive and neglect that figure skating scoring unfortunately have its flaws. It will probably happen, wether we want it or not, but it's still a (high) probability not an absolute sure thing so sorry If I made it sound like it's sure because it's not.

Last edited:

Nemorml

On the Ice
:drama:People just like to assume that skaters like being given too much from the judges, just to justify their dislikeness towards those skaters, because all those people want is to direct their hate from the judges to skaters who never score themselves.

You know what, skaters don't think that much. They go out there and skate all they can, injured or not, unprepared or not, it's what they have been trained for. Tell me why Joshi still skated at CoR not long after her surgery? She had no chance of a medal there for sure. Tell me why Han Yan still went to TEB despite knowing beforehand that he had no hope for GPF? No matter how much I have pondered, I can't get straight into the mind of those who like to post ugly/negative comments towards skaters.

These athletes have plenty of stress to suffer, sometimes they get screwed by the judges, sometimes the judges are lenient on them, and they can do nothing about it, they were trained to go out and perform and accept the scores. it's not like they like being scrutinized by anyone.

Oh you hero behind keyboard saying stuff like you can walk in their minds. :rolleye:

I'm not in the slightest hating or directing anything to Yuzuru himself, I think you are misleading my comment, especially because I don't have any dislikeness toward Yuzuru or else why would I be commenting on a fanboard of him. I just stated that a home inflation is likely to occur, it's just a logical thinking, but just as a said at my latest reply it's not a sure thing. It might be unfortunate, so I hope that he can fullfill his desire and deliver great performances and go to the GPF.

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Because it's the NHK trophy in Japan and Yuzuru is the reigning Olympic champion, anyone that follows figure skating for some time can at least think about a home inflation. And i'm not directing this to Yuzuru, this is none of his fault. I think we shouldn't be naive and neglect that figure skating scoring unfortunately have its flaws. It will probably happen, wheter we want it or not, but it's still a (high) probability not an absolute sure thing so sorry If I made it sound like it's sure because it's not.
Saitama was not far from out memories and Mao was pretty much underscored there. All Japanese ladies technically were underscored there. Yuzuru got a UR call which was not UR at all in the SP.
CoR 2014, Anna Pogo got the normal scores on her home ice.
TEB, all French skaters got low PCS and except for the ice dance, no French skate was on the podium. :slink:
So :drama: we can't tell until they get the scores.

Nemorml

On the Ice
Saitama was not far from out memories and Mao was pretty much underscored there. All Japanese ladies technically were underscored there. Yuzuru got a UR call which was not UR at all in the SP.
CoR 2014, Anna Pogo got the normal scores on her home ice.
TEB, all French skaters got low PCS and except for the ice dance, no French skate was on the podium. :slink:
So :drama: we can't tell until they get the scores.

As I said it's not a sure thing, so i think that you are agreeing why this comment of mine. There are a couple of examples that go against the score inflation at home ice as you stated as well as there many example of when it happened PCS wise. I'm stating a possibility and a desire that Yuzuru will deliver the best that he can possibily do right know despite the scores that will be given to him.

Meoima

Match Penalty
As I said it's not a sure thing, so i think that you are agreeing why this comment of mine. There are a couple of examples that go against the score inflation at home ice as you stated as well as there many example of when it happened PCS wise. I'm stating a possibility and a desire that Yuzuru will deliver the best that he can possibily do right know despite the scores that will be given to him.
I'm not in the slightest hating or directing anything to Yuzuru himself, I think you are misleading my comment, especially because I don't have any dislikeness toward Yuzuru or else why would I be commenting on a fanboard of him. I just stated that a home inflation is likely to occur, it's just a logical thinking, but just as a said at my latest reply it's not a sure thing. It might be unfortunate, so I hope that he can fullfill his desire and deliver great performances and go to the GPF.
I am sorry. Because recently I have read too many disgusting comments like "He knows that he will win despite 10 falls" (And I am like: Dude, I know you hate him but please be reasonable, male skaters only have 8 jumping passes in LP) or like "Too happy to be overscored, huh?" (And I am like: How disgusting you can be? These boys could have died.)
Technically this sport is about strength and grace combine. But some "fans" are just nasty. :hopelessness:

Nemorml

On the Ice
I am sorry. Because recently I have read too many disgusting comments like "He knows that he will win despite 10 falls" (And I am like: Dude, I know you hate him but please be reasonable, male skaters only have 8 jumping passes in LP) or like "Too happy to be overscored, huh?" (And I am like: How disgusting you can be? These boys could have died.)
Technically this sport is about strength and grace combine. But some "fans" are just nasty. :hopelessness:

I understand. However, I didn't comment with this is intent, i'm sorry if it sounded like I was because score inflation seems like a sensitive topic for some people. I think that there's no harm to talk about it when it happens if we do it respectfully. The episodes that you mentioned are indeed not a great thing.

darazam

On the Ice
http://bylines.news.yahoo.co.jp/yanaiyumiko/20141128-00041047/

Here is full Japanese script of what Yuzuru said that at the press-conference. It makes more sense than that really short version from Sanspo. Yuzuru said that probably many people think it was reckless and dangerous, and criticized Brian and JSF, but he is really grateful to them cause they had respect for his determination and let him skate. He also described his condition (apparently he had ankle sprain even before he went to CoC, and the biggest problem that still has some impact is with his thigh, Han Yan's knee hit it at full speed).

It would be great if somebody translated it, it's really interesting to know Yuzuru's true feelings.

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I understand. However, I didn't comment with this is intent, i'm sorry if it sounded like I was because score inflation seems like a sensitive topic for some people. I think that there's no harm to talk about it when it happens if we do it respectfully. The episodes that you mentioned are indeed not a great thing.
No worry, we all know the scoring has never been alright.
But to be fair, I think ISU would just doesn't care about Yuzuru that much, since GPF will be in Europe, they might take time to care more about skaters there.
Personally I haven't thought of any score for Yuzuru at all. Because we all know his condition is not ideal. He did not so well in the practice and he still feels pain in both legs. I just simply don't think about the medal at all. All I hope is that his condition will be alright after NHk trophy is over.

Last edited:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
p. 807-811

just saw this on tumblr,maybe sone of you already saw it so sorry in advance
Ross Miner asking about yuzu after earthquake in 2011, so thoughtfull

Apparently I was wrong that the POTO costume would be inspired by Johnny. This time, Yuzuru's just straight up stolen Ryuichi Kihara's old POTO costume; Yuzu Twist!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JjC5nHtKew&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Looking at this clip, he changed both of the 4t and 3a entry so im guessing he's going to change his sp layout. Kinda sad that the spread eagle-3a- spread eagle is gone since it goes so well with music where it was executed before but if its gonna help him then its fine.

From Yh facebook post...translation

JSF decided to prepare 2 guards for Yuzuru.
The guards defend only Yuzuru during NHK Trophy thoroughly
They are professional and one of them is a player of kickboxing for over 20 years.
They ride a official bus together to be cautious of his surroundings.
Ito-san explained “We are careful to avoiding any dangerous situation with his condition like this.”

Article: http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http:...GVWLR-7Ytj-tuWB7p4OPwOamiyqAYV4ZZG2gCVpr9&s=1

There is an interview with Orser. He says Yuzuru might be trying a 4A in the future.
Orser: `We all jump together' by T. Flade - http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...-jump-together-by-t-flade.93917/#post-4392015

BOrser said that Yuzu will change his SP layout. He'll do his quad in the 1st half instead of the 2nd half.

Did Yuzuru skip the official practice Thursday morning?
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20141127-00000092-spnannex-spo

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2b6k1v_141127えぶり_videogames

0:38 - it almost look like Yuzuru is dancing to Kana's SP music

ps. he removed 3rd quad in LP for NHK

http://youtu.be/zMaIuzYdxQ0
He popped the quads during the LP run-through, but he landed 4T in the warm up before. He also did 3Lz-2T instead of a quad combo in the second half.
credit to the uploader.

Today's press conference
he is saying sorry for reducing the difficulty, silly boy, if only he knew thats what we all wanted
thanks to tumblr use ice-kingfisher for translation

He's received 50 pages of messages...so far

He rode in on a rainbow, carried by a unicorn...he's a magical creature . Fly Yuzu

This is so funny. Nobu imitating Akiko, Machida and Yuzuru.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS98N5UNG7Q

Here's a clip which shows part of the press conference where Yuzu talks about the accident and his determination to go to GPF. He seems to be struggling on his quads today. I really feel sorry for him and I wish him all the best in NHK.

smasma

On the Ice
It seems to me that Yuzu was trying very hard to impress his doctor, BOrser and JSF during the unofficial practice with his quads and that's why he seemed to look fine. Now that he is allowed to skate in NHK, he is starting to show his true health conditions. He seems to be struggling with his jumps during the official practice. :drama: I understand he wants to go to GPF and that we should trust him. He even gave in and changed the layouts of both programs. This shows his determination. I wish you the best Yuzu. :cheer2:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
It seems to me that Yuzu was trying very hard to impress his doctor, BOrser and JSF during the unofficial practice with his quads and that's why he seemed to look fine. Now that he is allowed to skate in NHK, he is starting to show his true health conditions. He seems to be struggling with his jumps during the official practice. :drama: I understand he wants to go to GPF and that we should trust him. He even gave in and changed the layouts of both programs. This shows his determination. I wish you the best Yuzu. :cheer2:

He changed the layouts so much drastically, and lowered them so, so, so much that they still remain the hardest in field :drama: :drama: :unsure:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
We'll see about that in a few more hours. :hopelessness:

Let's trust in our boy. I am not looking for record-breaking scores from him just that he will do his best under the circumstances. Of course I will also be praying that nothing untowards happens to him or the other competitors.