Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 35 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

mysticice

Rinkside
does anyone here know if the dvd that theyre selling in japan could be played on different countries? coz i remember there are types of dvd that they sell that cant be played to other countries (i think its called dvd region code or something?) anyways... does any body here know?[/QUOTE]

I got my Blue-Ray today and just finished watching it. After watching programmes on youtube I really appreciate the HD-quality on a big TV-screen and excellent sound.

The Blue-Ray was sold as "Region Free" and I can watch it in Europe just fine.
However, I would be careful with the DVD as it seems to have a dvd region code. Check out your region and the info a seller provides.

Last edited:

Kalina

On the Ice
I got my Blue-Ray today and just finished watching it. After watching programmes on youtube I really appreciate the HD-quality on a big TV-screen and excellent sound.

However, I would be careful with the DVD as it seems to have a dvd region code. Check out your region and the info a seller provides.

The DVD's region code is 2 :)

Yuzusan

On the Ice
Isn't it an edited version? Quad added from another skate? Because I have a feeling it's the first skate of SP shown on TV that we saw. Just a quad added from a different show.

You're right it's the first skate of SP shown on TV but why do you think it is an edition ? The quad that he did is the quad that he did in this show and that's all ;)

The video is dated to 6th july, 5 on dailymotion and as I download directly I'm sure it is not an edition, or a quad added from a different show or others ...

Unfortunately, since now we did not see a complete clean SP.

annca

On the Ice

aahh.. so the blue ray one is region free?? because japan has the same code with europe as i recall so maybe thats why it works on others? our region code is 1 but someone said it can be played in a computer even if its region locked?

... and thanks for the info :)

darazam

On the Ice
You're right it's the first skate of SP shown on TV but why do you think it is an edition ? The quad that he did is the quad that he did in this show and that's all ;)

There wasn't a show where he jumped 3A, 4T and single 3Lz.

In previous discussion about that video SuzyQ did great work with translating reports about this program from all DOI shows, check post #7979

won0066

On the Ice
aahh.. so the blue ray one is region free?? because japan has the same code with europe as i recall so maybe thats why it works on others? our region code is 1 but someone said it can be played in a computer even if its region locked?

... and thanks for the info :)

Hi. The DVD is region 2. I live in North America, which is Region 1....and the DVD plays fine on my imac with no issues at all. Hope this helps.

Here is a link that might help
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200492990

Iron Lotus

On the Ice
Yes, the Astell & Kern AK120 is a high-end digital audio player that costs more than $1000. AK240 is even more expensive!

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
And why is better than an iPod?:p

It probably produces the highest quality audio outputs as well as gives the user a wider range of control over the desired sound. (Alot of people say that ipods produces really crappy sound, but I can't tell haha) It also supports up to 200gb of data. I guess its something only audiophiles can appreciate. For me, I can't even tell the difference between a $100 headphone and a $2,000 headphone :laugh:

And apparently, this isn't even expensive for a high-end player :sarcasm:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
It probably produces the highest quality audio outputs as well as gives the user a wider range of control over the desired sound. It also supports up to 200gb of data. I guess its something only audiophiles can appreciate. For me, I can't even tell the difference between a $100 headphone and a $2,000 headphone :laugh:
Man, $2000 headphone.:eek: :jaw:

Is the world crazy? Some one get a financial advicer to this kid...

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Man, $2000 headphone.:eek: :jaw:

Is the world crazy? Some one get a financial advicer to this kid...

:laugh: I think its fine since its his own money (he also donates to the disaster areas) and he's worked really hard both on ice and in school. Everyone deserves to have their own hobby and enjoy the finer things in life :biggrin: Some people splurge on handbags, sneakers, and even "high-end" food (In some restaurants you can't expect to walk out with less than a $500+ bill ...)

I mean...look on the bright side, at least he's not into collecting cars :p yet... And his headphones only cost a few hundred at most lol