Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season | Page 959 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcq

Record Breaker
If they went guessing he was flying from Toronto then they were either super lucky the gates were the same or caught on real quick he didn't take that flight :laugh: Incheon is a pain in the butt for arrivals even if you know what country the person is flying from!

But yeah theres a bunch of ways people would be tipped off that he departed. And pm if you have a vague idea of what day anyone is likely to fly/arrive and where they are flying from (even better, preferred airlines) it's fairly easy to guess flights. So, unless he's snuck out of Canada and is taking a creative route to Helsinki, it's fair to assume some fans will form a greeting party XD

They found out he flew from Sendai, apparently someone saw him there. Once they knew, it was not that difficult to figure which gate because there is only 1 flight from Sendai to Seoul with ANA. But I doubt something like what happened at SK or China would happen elsewhere. It did not happen at GPF for few years before or at Boston last year. I only noticed people greeting him at the airport to happen during CoC, 2015 worlds and 4CC. Others are after competition when he returned to Japan.

Some fans waited at the lobby of the official hotel though, which is why you would not see Yuzuru hanging out at the lobby of the official hotel much anymore.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
It is not difficult actually . I assume he will use Lufthansa flight from Toronto because Lufthansa and ANA are partners, as both are Star Alliance members and make transfer in Germany.

Bummer. Knew I should have stayed in Germany tonight and fly from here to Helsinki. J/k

Yuzuuu

Rinkside
I wanna dream about yuzu too. can someone pass me the abilities. :sad4:
on the side note, I can't wait for worlds to see more yuzu. :hap85:

Thiri Yuzu

On the Ice
I wanna dream about yuzu too. can someone pass me the abilities. :sad4:
on the side note, I can't wait for worlds to see more yuzu. :hap85:

it doesn't come that easy for me either. it's only 2nd time during these 7 months of being his fan. :)

Sydney Rose

Final Flight

SuzyQ

Medalist
This is one of the articles of anan (the content is almost the half of the actual article/first half)

Talk by young coaches.

http://beauty.yahoo.co.jp/buzz/articles/675026

Some part about Yuzu with rough translation:

小林:プログラムに入れている4回転の種類は、ネイサン選手のほうが多いですけど、羽生結弦選手はひとつひとつのジャンプの質が高い。クリーンに着氷した時のGOE=出来栄え点は、すごいですからね。
佐々木:あんなに力を使っていないように見えながら、それでいて幅があって豪快なジャンプ、なかなか跳べないよね。
小林:羽生選手が今シーズンからプログラムに取り入れている4回転ループジャンプも、実は難しい。いちばん回転が抜けやすいんです。
佐々木:そう、不意にスコーンと抜けて、転倒することがある。
小林:それに、基礎点が1.1倍になる後半に跳ぶトリプルアクセル(3回転半)のGOEのすごさね。すごく難しい跳び方をするんだけど、ほんと、失敗しないよね。
佐々木:だから、羽生選手がノーミスの演技をしたら、“勝てる選手はいない”と思ってしまうほど。

Kobayashi: Nathan has more types of quads in his program, but each jump of Yuzuru is of higher quality. When his jumps are clean, GOE is amazing.
Sasaki: While it seems he is not using so much power, his jumps are still so long-range and gorgeous that it's not easy to do the same.
Kobayashi: The quad loop jump that Yuzuru has incorporated in the program from this season is actually very difficult. It is easily popped.
Sasaki: Yeah, unexpectedly missing the axis, and causing a fall.
Kobayashi: And, GOE of his triple axles in the second half, when the point is 1.1 times bigger, is amazingly high. He does very difficult techniques in jumping, but he rarely fails.
Sasaki: So, when Yuzuru skates clean, I think there is no one who can win over him."

Status
Not open for further replies.