Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season | Page 44 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Is it a joke?
:eek:

I'm speechless and shocked .. It's hard to believe it.
Maybe Orser is like me- doesn't now where the line between happy critics and serious discussion goes. At least he acknoledged the existance of the problem, which was actually seen by other coaches way earlier:
http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/145258536.html
A Russian article published back in December 2012 where Tatiana Tarasova talked about Yuzuru. She says a lot of good things about him. From what I can gather from Google Translate, she considers Yuzuru a genius which she thinks, has been particularly noticeable in the last year and a natural talent, one that can't be underestimated :)
The full article is here: http://fsrussia.ru//news/311_tatyan...ya-kazhdogo-uchastnika-gran-pr–olshaya-chest/ TAT also said: "He is just a junior in the sense that his body can't keep up with his growth. Also, all things depend on his body condition probably. For example he has to deal with the jet leg, but he doesn't know how."
Yuzuru's comment on Notre-Dame de Paris program (Magazine Number 817 2012/11/22)
And now you want him to go back to old Yuzuru Hanyu, seriously?
I don't see how the article in November's Number can be an argument why the suggestion of some fans to return to Sendai cannot be serious. Too many things happened since November and last week Number was like this: http://twitpic.com/cead9b Things changed.

wxunxx

Rinkside
Is it a joke?
:eek:

I'm speechless and shocked .. It's hard to believe it.

Joke? Shocked? Sorry I don't get your point.

IMO obviously the key of bringing success to Yuzuru is he better to be physically available towards every competition he may participate in. Otherwise, it could be sure we would see more Yuzuru Drama which definitely not something I would enjoy to see coming into Olympic Season. I'm done with those dramas.

giulia95

Medalist

As an adult I'm shocked because I have been watching an underweight kid collapsing and gasping from Finland Throphy to Worlds throughout the whole season but now I know it wasn't the most important thing for his coach :eek:

speechless...

giulia95

Medalist
Otherwise, it could be sure we would see more Yuzuru Drama which definitely not something I would enjoy to see coming into Olympic Season. I'm done with those dramas.

Honestly I have a lot of respect for Yuzuru and the word DRAMA is the last one I would refer to him. :rolleye:

sweet_Michelle

Rinkside

IMO obviously the key of bringing success to Yuzuru is he better to be physically available towards every competition he may participate in. Otherwise, it could be sure we would see more Yuzuru Drama which definitely not something I would enjoy to see coming into Olympic Season. I'm done with those dramas.

I hope so, but as someone said, he is the kind of person that wears his heart on his sleeve, I don't mind seeing more drama, but I hope that'll be happy ones :)

jjane45

On the Ice
From interviews it's clear Yuzuru has been "prescribed" detailed training plans to pace him, to strengthen him, and to prevent overuse injuries. Bumping into the door at 4CC... well was a fluke accident.

Party on. :yay:

wxunxx

Rinkside
Orser mentioned couple of times before how much important to keep Yuzuru healthy. And we all see he stressed in the interview again health management is crucial to Yuzuru, particularly facing to next big season.

FYI physical training's a part of Yuzuru's training plan since Yuzuru came to Toronto last year. In postgame interview of FS Worlds 2013, Yuzuru explained again what he has been through after 4CC, his injury etc. He said stamina still bothers him a lot, he will develop his physical strength and stay healthy to face next season's challenges. For what he learn from Fs Worlds 2013, he believes practice is important and what he received from one year hard practice will not lose in one month.

Orser also said in Yahoo news report, “I sent off him with telling ‘Practice will never fail to reward you!’

Yes, we all saw the results. Practice will never fail to reward Yuzuru, specially with his amazing talent. Every test he conquers always drive him to grow up more, one step after another, I really look forward to see that day comes, Yuzuru reaches to Unbeatable Yuzuru Hanyu, to quote his own words, 'Now I'm only about 30% and I think I'm full of possibilities. I, myself also feel interesting to see how much I could develop myself in the future .'

wxunxx

Rinkside
I hope so, but as someone said, he is the kind of person that wears his heart on his sleeve, I don't mind seeing more drama, but I hope that'll be happy ones :)

I just hope he will never injury himself again, that's the only thing I care about now. :)

giulia95

Medalist
From interviews it's clear Yuzuru has been "prescribed" detailed training plans to pace him, to strengthen him, and to prevent overuse injuries. Bumping into the door at 4CC... well was a fluke accident.

From pigeon post: After Four Continents I became ill and I missed 10 days of practice. Once I was better I went to training too hard without Brian (Orser). I should have taken a slow start, but I trained too hard, did quad toe and quad Salchow. So I injured my left knee (ligament injury), but I am pretty happy I did my best.

Yuzuru candidly admitted he trained Quads too hard without Brian after 4CC, so nothing secretly, he just took the decision and the responsibility ( as he did in Nov-Dec. When trained alone in Japan before GPS and JN) to disobey his coach and his prescribed details plans...

honestly there’s no sign of contrition in Yuzu’s words since he said he’s pretty happy he did his best - and much better than 4 CC FS -and he really did it considering his miserable physical condition....
He only said he should have taken a slower start!!:laugh:

Party on :):yay:

wxunxx

Rinkside
Be more clear, I'll put YouTube link here, there was Yuzuru's post game interview at final.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD4niLiRz0s

In postgame interview of FS Worlds 2013, Yuzuru explained again what he has been through after 4CC, his injury etc. He said stamina still bothers him a lot, he will develop his physical strength and stay healthy to face next season's challenges. For what he learn from Fs Worlds 2013, he believes practice is important and what he received from one year hard practice will not lose in one month.

giulia95

Medalist
Be more clear, I'll put YouTube link here, there was Yuzuru's post game interview at final.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD4niLiRz0s

I apologize if I wasn't clear :eek::

I 've read the pigeon post from your post #1313

Yuzuru Hanyu 羽生結弦選手 (JPN), 2012 World bronze medalist
I am quite satisfied with my program. I put everything I am capable of at this important time into my program. I appreciate everyone and everything for this experience.
I touched my knee and my ankle at the end of my program to thank them for supporting me.
After Four Continents I became ill and I missed 10 days of practice. Once I was better I went to training too hard without Brian (Orser). I should have taken a slow start, but I trained too hard, did quad toe and quad Salchow. So I injured my left knee (ligament injury), but I am pretty happy I did my best.

hope it helps :)

wxunxx

Rinkside

Certainly just bad luck. Maybe it's just another test. I just remembered Kevin also injured his knee after 4CC, two unlucky boys. Wish both Yuzu and Kevin a speedy recovery.

4CC, such a mystery.

zydeco88

On the Ice
This fan has kindly translated the whole IFS article on Yuzu into Japanese. Since the magazine is still on sale, I'm just gonna share some interesting tidbits from there:
1. Javi and Yuzu constantly spurs each other on as they continue to grow while strengthening their friendship and that creates a very good training atmosphere. Both of them are gentlemanly and polite. Orser thinks that even though they have polar opposite personalities, describing Javi as more of a free spirit while Yuzuru a bit sheltered, they get on extremely well with each other. Javi is like an elder brother figure to Yuzu who cares for his well-being. When Javi falls on his jumps, Yuzu helps him up. When Yuzu manages to land his quad salchow, Javi gives him an applause. During program run-throughs, they encourage each other. It is perhaps comforting to them to train with somebody who's in the same boat, who experiences similar stress and pressure.
2. Recently, Yuzu has started studying sports science to prepare for Sochi Olympics. He wants to learn how to control his nerves and deal with the pressures from the media, spectators and judges alike.
3. He says that 2014 Sochi Olympics will not be the end of his competitive career. He'd like to continue competing post-Sochi and thinks he might retire post-2018. However, nothing is definite.
4. At first, he was worried re 4S being incorporated into his free program as he thought that it would be difficult to land the jumps in competitions.
5. He says that he can execute 3A three times in a row and mentions that he has done a 4S-3A sequence in an ice show before. However, the writer (Tatjana Flade) says that we shouldn't get our hopes up and expect him to perform them in real competitions, at least not this season, as Yuzu says that it'd be difficult to incorporate them into competitive programs.

The full article is here: http://fsrussia.ru//news/311_tatyan...ya-kazhdogo-uchastnika-gran-pr–olshaya-chest/ TAT also said: "He is just a junior in the sense that his body can't keep up with his growth. Also, all things depend on his body condition probably. For example he has to deal with the jet leg, but he doesn't know how."
Thanks for the link to the full article, let's talk! And for the translation bit as well! :)

ser22

On the Ice
This fan has kindly translated the whole IFS article on Yuzu into Japanese. Since the magazine is still on sale, I'm just gonna share some interesting tidbits from there:
1. Javi and Yuzu constantly spurs each other on as they continue to grow while strengthening their friendship and that creates a very good training atmosphere. Both of them are gentlemanly and polite. Orser thinks that even though they have polar opposite personalities, describing Javi as more of a free spirit while Yuzuru a bit sheltered, they get on extremely well with each other. Javi is like an elder brother figure to Yuzu who cares for his well-being. When Javi falls on his jumps, Yuzu helps him up. When Yuzu manages to land his quad salchow, Javi gives him an applause. During program run-throughs, they encourage each other. It is perhaps comforting to them to train with somebody who's in the same boat, who experiences similar stress and pressure.
2. Recently, Yuzu has started studying sports science to prepare for Sochi Olympics. He wants to learn how to control his nerves and deal with the pressures from the media, spectators and judges alike.
3. He says that 2014 Sochi Olympics will not be the end of his competitive career. He'd like to continue competing post-Sochi and thinks he might retire post-2018. However, nothing is definite.
4. At first, he was worried re 4S being incorporated into his free program as he thought that it would be difficult to land the jumps in competitions.
5. He says that he can execute 3A three times in a row and mentions that he has done a 4S-3A sequence in an ice show before. However, the writer (Tatjana Flade) says that we shouldn't get our hopes up and expect him to perform them in real competitions, at least not this season, as Yuzu says that it'd be difficult to incorporate them into competitive programs.

Thanks for the link to the full article, let's talk! And for the translation bit as well! :)

Thank You!

HelTra91

Rinkside
Yuzu sent a bouquet to the cast of Notre Dame de Paris. This kid is too much. Also, Tatianna calling Yuzu a genius... Party on! :party:

HelTra91

Rinkside
As an adult I'm shocked because I have been watching an underweight kid collapsing and gasping from Finland Throphy to Worlds throughout the whole season but now I know it wasn't the most important thing for his coach :eek:

speechless...

It was never said that that wasn't the most important thing during the past season, just that it will be the focus of the upcoming season.

Party on :party:

HJJ

Rinkside
Yuzu sent a bouquet to the cast of Notre Dame de Paris. This kid is too much. Also, Tatianna calling Yuzu a genius... Party on! :party:

I just saw the picture at the tumblr. I have never heard of a skater sending a bouquet to thank for music. Just speechless!:thumbsup:
Are these casts performing in Japan?

Speaking of a genius, the British commentators also called Yuzu an absolute genius during the FS at Worlds! :party:

sweet_Michelle

Rinkside
Speaking of a genius, the British commentators also called Yuzu an absolute genius during the FS at Worlds! :party:
Yes, and the two gentlemen said they are massive fans of Yuzuru after that.:)

Bumping into the door at 4CC... well was a fluke accident.
Yes, that was such a shame since he was in really good shape during 4CC, did clean run throughs in official practice with wonderful speed and power, and executed lots of beautiful 4S...

to quote his own words, 'Now I'm only about 30% and I think I'm full of possibilities. I, myself also feel interesting to see how much I could develop myself in the future .'
The way he said that in the interview just makes me go :love:

HelTra91

Rinkside
I just saw the picture at the tumblr. I have never heard of a skater sending a bouquet to thank for music. Just speechless!:thumbsup:

I checked out their FB page, the cast was performing in Japan at the time! :party: (I really like this little dancing icon)

zydeco88

On the Ice
I checked out their FB page, the cast was performing in Japan at the time! :party: (I really like this little dancing icon)
Yuzu sent the bouquet earlier this month when the cast was performing in Tokyo Theatre. Here's a bigger resolution of the picture from Notre Dame official Japanese twitter. Seems that the one who's assigned to perform the musicals in Japan is the Canadian cast. So he might've gotten the wind of the play from one of his Canadian acquaintances or have attended one of their plays before while in Canada to get some inspiration for his free. Whatever it is, it's really sweet and thoughtful of him to send the bouquet. :)

Yes, they are still performing in Japan. Their last show will be somewhere in April, I believe.