Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

Kalina

On the Ice
I’m just a little bit worried about the fact that Orser didn’t mention one of Hanyu’s (real) biggest problems : the asthma. May be Yuzuru “didn’t know where he should be standing on the blade” but in the second part of his FS his respiration is always so difficult and painful!:cry:

I hope it’s safe and healthy to double his previous daily training schedule to try to solve his respiratory pathology..

To be honest, I'm not worried at all about that. I'm sure the JSF are checking Orser's every move, and Yuzuru is old enough to speak up if his training is giving him trouble, he has to be pretty familiar with his problems by now and even if he wasn't, his mom is there in Canada with him.
By the way, there are loads of top athletes that have asthma and train for far more than two hours a day with no problem. Even track and field. Which is why I wonder if it's really asthma that gives him problems in the latter half of his programs or just him being 'not so strong physically' like he said once.

Last edited:

willywonka

Rinkside
I don't think you need to apologize. I love Plush, you prefer Takahashi or other skaters.
In the sports always appear new talents, in the sport need the progress, and of course, always develop the training methods. This is right.
Maybe thanks to Plushy for Yuzu. :), a part of IFS magazine article:

An avid figure skating fan since childhood, Hanyu said he always watched competitions on television. His number-one idol has always been Evgeni Plushenko.
"When I watched him on TV at age 4 or 5, he was the person who really made me want to be a figure skater," Hanyu said. "I always wanted to be just like him."
This season Hanyu knows there is a good chance he will go up against Plushenko.
"I am not looking forward to that," Hanyu said with a laugh. "It feels really odd. I have always been dreaming about him and now to be competiong against him does not seem real."

Interestingly, when Jason Brown joins the seniors, how will he and the other current promising juniors Joshua Farris and Han Yan, fare against Hanyu? Will Hanyu dominates like his idol, Evgeni Plushenko?:think: If he can beat Evgeni Plushnko, Evan Lysacek, Takahashi Daisuke and Patrick Chan in Sochi, Hanyu will definitely be another legend like Evgeni Plushenko.

emdee

Final Flight
As of the current time Hanyu is way ahead of these juniors some of whom he is younger than. Last year at the GPF and JGPF I was able to see the quality of Hanyu's skating. And also saw the juniors skate in the same time frame.
That is not to say that they wont make tremendous strides in the next couple of years.

Evgenia

Rinkside
Maybe thanks to Plushy for Yuzu. :), a part of IFS magazine article:

An avid figure skating fan since childhood, Hanyu said he always watched competitions on television. His number-one idol has always been Evgeni Plushenko.
"When I watched him on TV at age 4 or 5, he was the person who really made me want to be a figure skater," Hanyu said. "I always wanted to be just like him."
This season Hanyu knows there is a good chance he will go up against Plushenko.
"I am not looking forward to that," Hanyu said with a laugh. "It feels really odd. I have always been dreaming about him and now to be competiong against him does not seem real."

Yuzu is such a big fan of Plushy!! :clap:

lcd

Match Penalty
The ultimate event will be Plushy v. Johnny v. Yuzuru.
Battle of the Power "Divas"!!!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Interestingly, when Jason Brown joins the seniors, how will he and the other current promising juniors Joshua Farris and Han Yan, fare against Hanyu? Will Hanyu dominates like his idol, Evgeni Plushenko?:think: If he can beat Evgeni Plushnko, Evan Lysacek, Takahashi Daisuke and Patrick Chan in Sochi, Hanyu will definitely be another legend like Evgeni Plushenko.
I'm sure, he will dominate. Hanyu has every skills.
Hanyu was born 7. 12.1994. , Plushy was born 3.11.1982. Hanyu need to win in WCH 2013, he will be 18, like Plushy when he won his first World Champion title.:eek: And Hanyu will be 19 in Sochi, like Plushy was in SLC.:agree:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
To be honest, I'm not worried at all about that. I'm sure the JSF are checking Orser's every move, and Yuzuru is old enough to speak up if his training is giving him trouble, he has to be pretty familiar with his problems by now and even if he wasn't, his mom is there in Canada with him.
By the way, there are loads of top athletes that have asthma and train for far more than two hours a day with no problem. Even track and field. Which is why I wonder if it's really asthma that gives him problems in the latter half of his programs or just him being 'not so strong physically' like he said once.

Asthma affects people differently and with different levels or degrees of discomfort and in some case life threatening levels. Weather -= extreme heat or cold or exercise induced are some types. Some of us have it really bad and when we do fast aerobic activiites it literally can almost be deadly - we will never be able to be high level athletes - sometimes there is only so much that can be done (I know - I was playing ultimate this weekend and lost consciousness when the attack came on like a freight train...worse I dropped the frisbee :(

Tonya Harding had asthma and it did not always bother her skating. Charlie White has it and he is well conditioned but I also think his is not that severe or he would not have made it this long (or we would have by now seen one disaster during one of his skates).

Kalina

On the Ice
Asthma affects people differently and with different levels or degrees of discomfort and in some case life threatening levels. Weather -= extreme heat or cold or exercise induced are some types. Some of us have it really bad and when we do fast aerobic activiites it literally can almost be deadly - we will never be able to be high level athletes - sometimes there is only so much that can be done (I know - I was playing ultimate this weekend and lost consciousness when the attack came on like a freight train...worse I dropped the frisbee :(

Tonya Harding had asthma and it did not always bother her skating. Charlie White has it and he is well conditioned but I also think his is not that severe or he would not have made it this long (or we would have by now seen one disaster during one of his skates).

Thank you for explaining. I'm sorry that your asthma bothers you so much. I have seasonal allergies that cause me shortness of breath and wheezing besides the normal symptoms (sneezing etc.) and during those few months I cannot play sports and have trouble sleeping at night because as soon as I lay down, I feel like I'll stop breathing. It's really bothering for me but asthma has to be so much worse, I cannot even imagine what that feels like :no:
I'm wondering about Hanyu's problem being actually stamina, because I think that if he had a really severe case of asthma he wouldn't be able to compete, like you said. The doctor wouldn't allow it, right?

Yes he is. Check out this page if you have not seen it. Yuzuru has also played football because of Plushy. I don't think that makes it too often, unlike Plushy.

http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=202&start=70

He probably doesn't play it often like you said, he says he's no good at it, and basketball too.

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
The ultimate event will be Plushy v. Johnny v. Yuzuru.
Battle of the Power "Divas"!!!

I love them both, but I would love Hanyu win the long and Plushy win the short and Hanyu wins over all by a tiny margin of 0.2! I wonder if there might be tears involved on the podium from Hanyu if that happend, just like Chad Leclos over Michael Phelps at the Olympics. If so, that would schweeeeet!!!! :)

willywonka

Rinkside
As of the current time Hanyu is way ahead of these juniors some of whom he is younger than. Last year at the GPF and JGPF I was able to see the quality of Hanyu's skating. And also saw the juniors skate in the same time frame. That is not to say that they wont make tremendous strides in the next couple of years.
I see Yuzuru Hanyu winnings with 10 falls against Jason Brown, Joshua Farris, Han Yan, Artur Gashinki by 10 falls!
He will also beat the veterans, Evan Lysacek, Evgeni Plushenko, Johnny Weir, Patrick Chan, Daisuke Takahashi, Takahiko Kozuka, Jeremy Abbot, Adam Rippon, Brian Joubert, Nobunari Oda by 2 falls.

I love them both, but I would love Hanyu win the long and Plushy win the short and Hanyu wins over all by a tiny margin of 0.2
Yuzuru Hanyu is better than that! DOMINATING athletes don’t win by the slightest margin. Then you cannot call them dominating. Yuzuru Hanyu will dominate in 2014. He is already near perfection.

The ultimate event will be Plushy v. Johnny v. Yuzuru. Battle of the Power "Divas"!!!
Roses as crowning glory for all in Sochi.:biggrin:

Binthere

On the Ice
I always wonder if Yuzura will eventually develop a more mature body. Right now, he is still so slender. Will he be able to keep such a light quick twitch fast rotation body? I hope so. But it will be interesting to see.

FTnoona

Final Flight
I read that Yuzuru is gonna get to compete against one of his idols, Johnny Weir, and Javi at Finlandia if he goes. When is Finlandia Trophy? Isn't it kinda close to Skater America date?

Last edited:

Kalina

On the Ice
I read that Yuzuru is gonna get to compete against one of his idols, Johnny Weir, and Javi at Finlandia if he goes. When is Finlandia Trophy? Isn't it kinda close to Skater America date?

Finlandia Trophy Oct. 5-7
Skate America Oct. 19-21
Johnny is going for sure, Hanyu maybe, Fernandez is said to have confirmed this in an interview but I haven't read it so I cannot say for sure. Entries for Finlandia Trophy should be out soon

giulia95

Medalist
Let's talk, many thanks for the link! This kid is a real treasure, so innocent, strong and sweet!!:)

Kalina

On the Ice
Entries for Finlandia Trophy are out: here

Yuzuru is going to be there, as well as Fernandez and Beata Papp (who trains with Orser too)

Tommmy

Rinkside
So it seems like this is his FS jump layout:
4T, 4S, 3A, CSSp, StSq, 3A-2T(3A-3T?), 3Lz-2T(tano), 3Lz, 3Lo, FCCoSp, 3F, ChSq, CCoSp

...I'm already out of breath