Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 297 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Kalina

On the Ice
Does anyone know how the Winter Universiade selection works? Daichan won it twice, Oda won it once, and murakami won a bronze there before... Only thing is it might overlap with 4CC this year.

The Winter Universiade is not particularly prestigious in figure skating, federations usually do not send their best skaters there, preferring 4CC/Europeans. JSF decided this year that the skaters going to the Universiade are it's Kozuka and Hino for the men, Oba and Nishino for the ladies, Muramoto/Noguchi for ice dance. Which does not bode well for Kozuka, since it means that they've already excluded him for the 4CC selection.

jace93

On the Ice
I'm with you. At least give the guy a chance to skate at Nationals first. Do they have alternates lined up if Taka actually knocks it out of the park at nationals?

Probably yes (after all every athletes that frequent university can compete in the Universiade, so nearly all the member of team Japan), but quite honestly after his disastrous fall season, I think he would really have ot skate lights out and have all the other competitors bombing to get choosen for the world teams...

Nemorml

On the Ice
He ranked first in something, what is it I don't know; I can't seem to find the video.

https://twitter.com/sora_775/status/544993823655337984/photo/1

Kozuka is a very quality skater and in an ideal world he would be much better off this season, most probably in the top three japanese men. I hope he will recover from injuries and make up for the season at Nationals. However I don't know what decision JSF will take between him and Mura considering the best of the hipotesis, that Machida will manage well his time with university tasks and the competition and land at least second at the podium, making the team with Yuzuru.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I've uploaded about 97 of photos I took of Yuzuru, at the Grand Prix Final in Barcelona --> HERE.
oooohhh you gave me more gala pictures :love: awesome, thank you.

I just noticed my favorite parts about his new EX and FS comstume. There's illusion mesh all over the neckline for no other reason than to put even more glitter on him :laugh: LOVE it

somebody on tublr has translated the German comments from GPF

I'm not sure if my computer messed up or if this picture is really what they chose to use for this :laugh2: guessing this news wasn't big enough to be handled by anyone but an intern on his first day

HanDomi

Record Breaker
somebody on tublr has translated the German comments from GPF

looks like many eurosport commentators over the world are Yuzuru fans

Polish Eurosport commentators are too over the moon with Yuzuru :laugh2:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I don't think the Dutch Eurosport commentaries have been posted here yet, right? I just watched them, there's actually two different sets of the SP, and one of the FS, because the SP and FS were both included in the recap program, but the SP also in an earlier showing.
I wasn't particularly thrilled with the commentaries, though. Some of those people commenting sound like they have no clue what they're talking about, or at least have no clue what Hanyu really went through, and that annoys me. But if people want, I can translate it?

Kalina

On the Ice
It seems it was Yuzuru's own wish to move to Orser. I wonder who helped him contact Orser. JSF or ANA?
Translation: http://a-m-n-o-s.tumblr.com/post/105537819091

JSF contacted Orser, of course. ANA was not Yuzuru's sponsor when he moved to Canada, and anyway why would he contact a potential coach through his sponsor instead of his federation? :confused:

I'm with you regarding Kozuka, but unfortunately it's not even a question of underscoring anymore for him. He even risks dropping off the top 24 SB list, and if he ends up not making the Worlds team...

Last edited:

Nemorml

On the Ice
Yuzuru was the second most searched medalist from Sochi at Google, behind Yuna who dominated the charts: https://www.google.co.uk/trends/2014/story/sochi.html

I don't get this list though, if Gracie Gold was third then they are counting in the team event medalists too. If so then where's Yulia Lipnitskaya, or Plushenko? If Mao were a medalist I guess she would be up there as well since I remember she was the most talked about at twitter I think, if my memory isn't failing me.

thedybbuk

Rinkside
He ranked first in something, what is it I don't know; I can't seem to find the video.

https://twitter.com/sora_775/status/544993823655337984/photo/1

Kozuka is a very quality skater and in an ideal world he would be much better off this season, most probably in the top three japanese men. I hope he will recover from injuries and make up for the season at Nationals. However I don't know what decision JSF will take between him and Mura considering the best of the hipotesis, that Machida will manage well his time with university tasks and the competition and land at least second at the podium, making the team with Yuzuru.

It's a poll for the "athlete you want to hug" the most, if you're still wondering. I'm not big on Japanese athletes so I don't really know anyone else in the ranking, besides Ichiro (baseball player) is second, Takahashi Daisuke is fourth and Nishikori Kei (tennis player) is sixth.