Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 22 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Happily Yuzuru's program is before Chan's. I would say that I wish Yuzuru good luck, but he doesn't need it at all ;) He has everything he needs right now to be a gold medalist. I hope the judges will give him the scores he deserves, no matter what Plushenko does. After the GPF I said Yuzuru would get his 100 points at Sochi, but as far as I can see, the judges aren't so generous. (maybe at the WC)
The kid is amazing and I can't wait for him to shine tomorrow at the SP!

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Wish I understood Japanese. What were they discussing in terms of the skating order? Don't think Dai or Tatsuki were too pleased about getting 29and 30!

From the subtitles you can see that Yuzu was making a comment about skating 19th and being 19 years of age :laugh: Reminds me of the 2012 WC when he was 17, got 77.07 and placed 7th in the short, and was 17th to skate in the free :p

Becki

Medalist
From the subtitles you can see that Yuzu was making a comment about skating 19th and being 19 years of age :laugh: Reminds me of the 2012 WC when he was 17, got 77.07 and placed 7th in the short, and was 17th to skate in the free :p

Yes! I remember that. Now that he skated the short program with a score of 101, tomorrow he will be #1.

So proud of Yuzu!!! <3

KAPIYUZURU

Spectator
more than 100 points, this is AWESOME, when I think he can't make it better, he surprise me every single day :D

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
As I said in another thread, tomorrow I'll walk out of the room at the start of his program and come back after the 4S. :bow:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
It ain't over til it's over, but Yuzuru is ON! The judges are reacting positively AND Patrick often falters a bit in the long, especially when he is under pressure. Yuzuru skates before Patrick, so..... I think we can celebrate a little already!!!

Paola D

Rinkside
I was so worried about his 3lz-3t before the sp because Japanese media had reported he had trouble with 3lz in the morning practice.
Thank god, he nailed it! :clap:

YesWay

&#22235;&#24180;&#12418;&#12363;&#12369;&#12390;&#
Record Breaker
According to the Olympic site, Yuzuru is planning 3A+2A+SEQ, instead of his usual 3A+2T combination
http://www.sochi2014.com/en/figure-skating-men-free-skating
(Click the + next to the names to see planned jumps/elements)

If I figured it correctly, that's an increase of 1.34 in base value?

Looks like he's going for MAXIMUM PRESSURE on Chan... who also has the misfortune to skate immediately after Yuzuru - he'll already be on the ice with just a minute to go, when Hanyu's score is announced. If it's big and/or the audience explodes... he may not have time to calm himself.

By the way, what stops Yuzuru doing 3A + 3A + Seq? (Because we KNOW he can do that - he frequently treats the fans to 4T + 3A + 3A after competitions!)

I presume rules prevent another 3A, even as +SEQ? Or is he simply not risking negative GOE?