Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season | Page 106 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
No let's be real, if his 4Lz is good enough to jump with no injury risk- he'll do that for shows, if not... His biggest aim is to stay as healthy as possible this season because it is going to be a tough one. He may need another off season intensive medical treatment in order to make Olympic season a successful one. I know it's the last thing you want to read right now but that's the reality.

Biellmann

Match Penalty
Heaven forbid, this thread's going to be full of ghosts of fans who died of heart attacks then...

Yeah and imagine, the plan for the olympics will be 4 loop in combination in the second part of the program... this kid is a nightmare for every fan :devil: :bang:

Meoima

Match Penalty
No let's be real, if his 4Lz is good enough to jump with no injury risk- he'll do that for shows, if not... His biggest aim is to stay as healthy as possible this season because it is going to be a tough one. He may need another off season intensive medical treatment in order to make Olympic season a successful one. I know it's the last thing you want to read right now but that's the reality.
I guess he will try 4A after 2018, when he no long competes he will try it in ice shows.

Biellmann

Match Penalty
My suggestion is, he will retire after the olympics, for one year, then they will beg him to come back and the first year back he will re-use his POTO FS, with 4 loop, 4lz and a crazy 4 A attempt, just for fun, and he will be better than ever :dev3:

Fayruza

Match Penalty
My suggestion is, he will retire after the olympics, for one year, then they will beg him to come back and the first year back he will re-use his POTO FS, with 4 loop, 4lz and a crazy 4 A attempt, just for fun, and he will be better than ever :dev3:

Not POTO, please. I like it, but I'd go for Seimei...

PatricksGaze

On the Ice

Hopefully no one begs him or forces him to come back and compete, ever. Never ever. That's what im myself praying for.

Biellmann

Match Penalty
Hopefully no one begs him or forces him to come back and compete, ever. Never ever. That's what im myself praying for.

I think this would be a good chance for him to skate just for himself - nothing to lose and he could quit anytime. They would need him but he wouldn't need them :confused2:

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think this would be a good chance for him to skate just for himself - nothing to lose and he could quit anytime. They would need him but he wouldn't need them :confused2:
Nah, Yuzuru is not like that. He has strong sense of responsibility. I hope he can end his competitive career while he can still land quads and bring them to the shows.
This is really hard, to go on another quad, while your body goes against your will, and especially when you're born in East Asian societies, the expectation goes along with nationalism and all it might turn into crazy burden on your back.
I hope Yuzuru will not stay after 2018 honestly, for the sake of his body and his mentality. He might do 2019 WC as it will be in Japan, but I don't think he should stay more than that.

Fayruza

Match Penalty
Nah, Yuzuru is not like that. He has strong sense of responsibility. I hope he can end his competitive career while he can still land quads and bring them to the shows.
This is really hard, to go on another quad, while your body goes against your will, and especially when you're born in East Asian societies, the expectation goes along with nationalism and all it might turn into crazy burden on your back.
I hope Yuzuru will not stay after 2018 honestly, for the sake of his body and his mentality. He might do 2019 WC as it will be in Japan, but I don't think he should stay more than that.

But I'll cry bitter tears not to see him in competitions....

Biellmann

Match Penalty

:agree2:

firal

Record Breaker
Can't believe we get to find out EVERYTHING next week! :yahoo: I imagine this place will explode and so will other SNS. I have to say I prefer being fed little bits and pieces instead of in one huge dish but :laugh: Hopefully livestream works as I might get to watch in real time!

Does anyone remember if there's media coverage for the practices at last year's event?

liv

Record Breaker
I think I have heard brief mention of 3 over the years, but not specifically what and when. We would be spoiled if he did that. If he was physically capable I would be enthusiastic over that idea, but his physical and mental state is something only he knows. It makes me sad to think he could be done next year, but all good things eventually must come to an end. Show skating is just not the same.

Patrick is going in to his 3rd Olympics, so it is doable, but we have no crystal ball....

Lys

Match Penalty
I think I have heard brief mention of 3 over the years, but not specifically what and when. We would be spoiled if he did that. If he was physically capable I would be enthusiastic over that idea, but his physical and mental state is something only he knows. It makes me sad to think he could be done next year, but all good things eventually must come to an end. Show skating is just not the same.

Indeed :)

Oh well, no point worrying and thinking about it now.
When time will come, it will come: I just hope it will be his decision and his alone and that he may be happy with it, be it after Korea or after Japan WC the following year or after 2022 :)

Re Autumn Classic, last year practices were all streamed: I'm expecting the same for this year too (I don't know if they are also open to the public, if so we may have fan-videos too) :D

Lambari

Final Flight
Reposting from the 'Golden "Choreographer x Skater" pair' thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RmW12Xa2q4 :scard7:

What is better than an obrigatory Rach No 2 step sequence in terrible video quality? Nothing!

These choreographers these days can't do their job. What are these music cuts?! Rachmaninoff would be turning in his grave! :curse:

Edit: Changed the link to a better one.

Parisienne Walkways skated on Rach 3 (Kwan's cuts). As you can see, the music and vibes of the programs match so much I wonder why Jeff even bother to pick PW to start with! Who wants to put PW on Chopin now?

http://sendvid.com/t42fmgl3

Here you are :)

Chopin skated on PW music. I feel the need to point out this video is from GPF15 in Barcelona. I would totally understand if someone watching this could get confused and think it's the original PW program, really.

https://sendvid.com/ae3jvbne

And Seimei with Petruska music: https://sendvid.com/r87bw7hn
I guess I have laughed too much my stomach hurt lol

Status
Not open for further replies.