Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 39 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
LOL, you were able to read all of that boring stuff? I do have asthma but mine is the cough variant type (I don't wheeze just coughing and difficulty breathing) and it was just diagnosed this year. I should have believed my senior when he told me 4 years ago I appear to have one after suffering coughing episodes in his stuff toy filled clinic while endorsing a patient (makes me admire Mama Hanyu more because she needs to make sure all those stuff toys Yuzu receives are cleaned regularly).

I'm a pediatrician so I deal with all kids not only those with asthma, kids at heart are also welcomed with open arms :laugh:
I'm the type of reading a lot about whatever ;) Interesting, I could never be a pediatrician, my patience with kids is almost non-existent :no:

ayarose

On the Ice
I'm the type of reading a lot about whatever ;) Interesting, I could never be a pediatrician, my patience with kids is almost non-existent :no:

Yeah, you gotta have loads of those. Actually, I'm only tolerant with kids, but in dealing with adults my patience is a bit on a shorter lease.

This looks interesting, can someone translate please. Looks like an interview with the men of Team Japan

It's from Cutting Edge 2013 and one of my favorite ones because Yuzu was being a pest to Machi. Here's the translations (1) & (2).

Yuzu to Machi is on Part 2 but reading both is recommended to understand more of TJ dynamics.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Yeah, you gotta have loads of those. Actually, I'm only tolerant with kids, but in dealing with adults my patience is a bit on a shorter lease.

It's from Cutting Edge 2013 and one of my favorite ones because Yuzu was being a pest to Machi. Here's the translations (1) & (2).

Yuzu to Machi is on Part 2 but reading both is recommended to understand more of TJ dynamics.

Thanks for the links.

Interesting, the translater made sure to ad "-kun" whenever a skater was adressing the other, but Kozuka just called Yuzuru by his name, with out a sufix. I know the way you adress people in japanese is very important, so what would this mean?

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Thanks for the links.

Interesting, the translater made sure to ad "-kun" whenever a skater was adressing the other, but Kozuka just called Yuzuru by his name, with out a sufix. I know the way you adress people in japanese is very important, so what would this mean?

They're friends so... Good friends usually don't care about honorifics when addressing each other...

Pamigena

Record Breaker
thanks for the links :)

[To Hanyu]I will ask Yuzuru, “What is your secret for maintaining such a slender figure?” Ahh, he’s just so thin! All the ladies in the country want to know right? Yuzuru’s secret on being slim!
[Answer] Hmm, well I’m just naturally not a fat person. So, I don’t have to worry about maintaining my figure. [...]
awesome, you're a great help, thanks buddy :sarcasm: so much for asking him about his skin care, huh?
"well, that's just naturally perfect as well, I don't have to worry about basic maintenance in general"
(I'm starting a list with things to hate about him)
although, when it comes to skin care, that Yuzu bath seems to be getting a little more attention :biggrin: I told you it was worth a shot

ayarose

On the Ice
Thanks for the links.

The use of suffixes is generally about "respect" and I think is important because it somehow gives you and idea of how well they know or how close they are with each other. Japan has levels of politeness and speech can range from informal to honorific and sempai-kouhai is another important aspect of their "social hierarchy".

Team Japan though is a bit different compared to other Japanese team or organizations I'm familiar with because they don't go with the usual flow when conversing with each other. The translator did not add -kun for Yuzu because Taka addressed him as such, just Yuzu. In public they often use suffixes (-kun/senshu) when addressing each other but they slipped from time to time, like the post World's interview where Yuzu casually addressed Machi who was doing the opposite OR TJ Ladies SOI crosstalk where Akko/Mao/Kana used the nicknames of TJ men. In Aoi Honou, Yuzu calls Dai & Taka, Dai-chan and Taka-chan.

Rinkside
thanks for the links :)

awesome, you're a great help, thanks buddy :sarcasm: so much for asking him about his skin care, huh?
"well, that's just naturally perfect as well, I don't have to worry about basic maintenance in general"
(I'm starting a list with things to hate about him)
although, when it comes to skin care, that Yuzu bath seems to be getting a little more attention :biggrin: I told you it was worth a shot

lol. I'd assume that is exactly what he would say about his skin! Wow the soap must be selling like crazy!! :p

Esopian

Final Flight
A funny quote from the interview translation:
Machida: This guy [Yuzuru] seems like a serious person, but 10 minutes with him you realize… no, he’s not serious at all. Agh, throughout this interview, he’s been such a nuisance, soooo annoying!

:laugh:

echotpe

On the Ice
Javier's latest interview in Spanish: Entrevista a Javier Fernández: "El patinaje aún me cuesta dinero"

Call cruzceleste! May you help to translate the article, please!;)

One of Q/A as following by Google:

Q: How it is working closely with the current # 1 in the world, the Olympic and world champion Yuzuru Hanyu?

A: He gets along well. I know Yuzuru a while. And I would not have believed he is still a normal boy of 18 and train with him is the best; I train with the best skater of the moment and although I can keep learning is gaining not only my coach, but his. I see how you train, if he makes a program I will try three, there is a little competition while training, but we have good relationship and is a plus for me to be training in the same group as him.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Javier's latest interview in Spanish: Entrevista a Javier Fernández: "El patinaje aún me cuesta dinero"

Call cruzceleste! May you help to translate the article, please!;)

One of Q/A as following by Google:

Q: How it is working closely with the current # 1 in the world, the Olympic and world champion Yuzuru Hanyu?

A: He gets along well. I know Yuzuru a while. And I would not have believed he is still a normal boy of 18 and train with him is the best; I train with the best skater of the moment and although I can keep learning is gaining not only my coach, but his. I see how you train, if he makes a program I will try three, there is a little competition while training, but we have good relationship and is a plus for me to be training in the same group as him.

Spanish is not my mother tongue so I did my best. Native speakers can correct if necessary. :)

He says skating still costs him a lot of money and that he wishes he can qualify for the GPF because last season he couldn't. He says he is pleased with what he's done and wants to try for an Olympic medal in Pyeongchang because his 4th place in Sochi motivated him to go on. He said he didn't stay mad at himself for too long after failing to get on the Olympic podium, he was only mad for a day and then he moved on. He said he forgets things very easily.

He says he's been knowing Yuzuru for a long time and he thinks he is still an average 18 year old boy. Training with him is a great opportunity because he is the best skater in the world at the moment and he can also learn things from him, not only from the coach. He watches Yuzuru train and there's competition between them but they have a good relationship. He thinks being in the same training group as him is a great advantage.

He says Brian Orser is always paying equal attention to the both of them even when they are on the same rink. He stays 30 minutes with him and 30 minutes with Yuzuru, and always checking up on the other while he is focusing on one of them. They have nothing to complain about Orser and if they do have a problem they can always talk to him directly. Orser is always looking for ways to please them.

He has a good relationship with Orser, he is both his coach and someone who takes care of him. If he feels sick, Orser would go to the pharmacy and buy him medication. He is like a friend, like a big brother and not only him, the whole team. It's the best team in the world and he feels privileged to work with them, considering his background coming from a country with no tradition whatsoever in this sport.

He says the relationship between top skaters in the world is always good, they respect each other and hang out after competitions.

He thinks winning is not something that depends solely on him. He just tries to do his best programs but if somebody does better then he's not getting mad because he lost. He thinks he lost because somebody else did better and that's it. Even if he is one of the best 3 skaters in the world, skating is still costing him money and he has to pay his classes, his choreographers, just living in Toronto and everything is still expensive. He gets money from exhibitions and he says the ones in Japan are always the best payed ones. He says Japanese skaters like Mao and Yuzuru get lots of money for that.

He wants to do programs that make people forget about everyone else and he wants his 2015 program to be like that. He says he likes his SP and he thinks it suits him. He's always wanted to mix a classic program with a Spanish one so that's why he's doing The Barber of Seville for his LP.

He says his quads depend on how well training goes, and even if he does well in practice, doing them in competition is something different. It depends on his physical and mental state at that time. Even if he's staying in Canada so much time, he is still Spanish and nothing can take that from him. He wants to win medals for his country. He thinks he's not that popular because he can walk on the streets and nobody will recognize him, but sometimes he meets people that do and want to take pictures with him.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH ioanap!! I will copy your translation to Javi's thread!!:love: Don't you mind?

echotpe

On the Ice
Spanish is not my mother tongue so I did my best. Native speakers can correct if necessary. :)

Muchas gracias!:agree:

This off-season, Javier did 38 ice shows in Japan, while Yuzu did 42 ones. They both worked hard in any ways. We also thank the popularity of figure skating in Japan so that they can feed many good skaters food in their skating career.

Looking forward him to enter the GPF and to be one of three in podium.