Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 663 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Terrapin

On the Ice
Thank you all for your welcome :)

The bit around 1.44... is it even physically possible to jump on a floor, from standstill point, like that? I'm not sure figure skaters (and Yuzu in particular) are even human ;)

It's fascinating isn't it ! It reminds me of this TV show in which Takeshi Honda was a guest and was asked to talk about Yuzu's jumps or something. He then proceeded to show how to jump just like Yuzu is doing in the video and the hosts couldn't believe their eyes ^^ They tried in turn but miserably failed haha

ahkeekee

Medalist
It's fascinating isn't it ! It reminds me of this TV show in which Takeshi Honda was a guest and was asked to talk about Yuzu's jumps or something. He then proceeded to show how to jump just like Yuzu is doing in the video and the hosts couldn't believe their eyes ^^ They tried in turn but miserably failed haha

Dateman right? I remember this too!

arran

Rinkside
Boyang jin just jumped 4Lz in his SP in an event in China. He stepped out but it was full rotated. :shocked:
I wonder if this will makes Hanyu-san more adamant about 4Lo and/or 3 quads in his LP, or maybe thinking about putting 2 quads in his SP? :think:

ahkeekee

Medalist
Boyang jin just jumped 4Lz in his SP in an event in China. He stepped out but it was full rotated. :shocked:
I wonder if this will makes Hanyu-san more adamant about 4Lo and/or 3 quads in his LP, or maybe thinking about putting 2 quads in his SP? :think:

Oh my goodness! He's a jumping machine

No please,.yuzu, ignore the others and don't rush things through and hurt yourself! Just stick to your best and you'll be the best please!! My heart can't take simply thinking about how yuzu might try to work too hard...

Edit: yuzu looks so cool with sunglasses!

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Oh my goodness! He's a jumping machine

No please,.yuzu, ignore the others and don't rush things through and hurt yourself! Just stick to your best and you'll be the best please!! My heart can't take simply thinking about how yuzu might try to work too hard...

Not to worry about!:)
He is in criket’s camp now and making strategy of new season. Provably, they’d already got this information.
Orser is very efficient strategist of foresight, and will take care of it properly. Further, he can control yuzu to stop him doing too much practice!:biggrin:

ahkeekee

Medalist
Yes I couldn't remember the name of the show.

Haha I love Honda who's like 'I'm wearing a suit so...' and then BAM he rotates 2 times in the air. The hosts' reaction is priceless :laugh2:

Yuzu's version might be like this :

Host: can you jump now for us to see?
Yuzu: ehhh? I am wearing suit now.....
Host: just jump a bit for us please!
Yuzu: alright then
~then SHOO! he jumps a 3a for us! LOLS!

Last edited:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Not to worry about!:)
He is in criket’s camp now and making strategy of new season. Provably, they’d already got this information.
Orser is very efficient strategist of foresight, and will take care of it properly. Further, he can control yuzu to stop him doing too much practice!:biggrin:

I don't think they have any reason to be worried about right now. So far Orser is developing him in very smart way. There must go total package quality along with technical elements quality to be succesfull.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker

Boyang is an amazing jumper, but he is still a junior and not as good in his SS and all. I don't think Yuzuru should be worrying about him right now, specially when he has to go against Patrick/Javi/Denis next season. I mean he will have to prepare to compete against him someday, and by the time Boyang turns senior Yuzuru may want to add the 4Lo to his programs. But we still have to see if Boyang becomes more of a complete skater, because although jumps are very important they are not everything, take for example, Maxim (I'm sorry Maxim), and if he doesn't, Yuzu may not even need a 4Lo to win over him. For now, a one quad SP and a second 4T should be more than enough for Yuzuru to be at the top, his BV is unmatched. :agree:

Meoima

Match Penalty
If you ask me about Boyang... Then I'd say I am worried about the boy's body. His knee is very stiff aka he lacks deep knee bend to protect his knee and give him flow. I have rewatched many top jumpers' quads in these years and I'd say Boyang should stop doing those difficult quads and practice basic skill instead. If you have watched his 4lz3T on Instagram you should rewatch it again and focus on his knee. He landed the jumps with a very straight knee and it looks painful to the knee in my eyes. Not to mention the loud thud once his blad hit the ice. It's scary.

I don't care if you skater will get 4lz or 4Loop, 4flip, coach should stop them before their body get hurt too much. They're quads they're dangerous not some triples.

At least with Yuzuru's 4lo I can see his knee bend and he doesn't practice it in combo. I'm glad Yuzuru is with Orser right now so the team can observe his training and do not let him over train himself.

A healthy Yuzuru clearly only need 2 quads to win all over the field.

Last edited: