Yuzuru Hanyu: 2010-12 Season | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2010-12 Season

skateluvr

Record Breaker
He's already awesome, but i hope he does not emulate JW or DT with costume choices. I feel it detracts from his skating. I'm just not a fan of sequins, feathers, drapery and illusion fabric on male skaters.

prettykeys

Medalist
I found a funny and funny clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=900O1pZUDNY&feature=related

I think Yuzuru was trying to tell Jeremy and Javier to move aside so his fans can take pics of him with the Japanese flag xD Jem looks so confused.
Goodness, he is cute. I love his personality and talent. Count me as his fan...wish the best for him. :)

I am not exactly sure how bad his asthma is or how it affects his training. But as someone who has been hospitalized for asthma a few times, I feel his pain.
Hugs for you. You are awesome, and I am sorry to hear that.

Last edited:

Becki

Medalist
can yuzuru speak english? i can't seem to find any clips of him speaking....

btw does anyone else notice that yuzuru does the "cross" during the beginning of his programs. I reckon he's probably christian?

Last edited:

FTnoona

Final Flight
can yuzuru speak english? i can't seem to find any clips of him speaking....

btw does anyone else notice that yuzuru does the "cross" during the beginning of his programs. I reckon he's probably christian?

I heard he just does the cross thing for good luck b/c in one clip I saw him go to a shrine to pray. Here is a clip of him speaking a tiny bit of english skip to around 10.15. They were asking him how he felt about his new blades b/c they are different from the traditional looking blades.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbvVH64cwRU&feature=channel_video_title

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I love the soundtrack to that Drama, perhaps he can make a program out of it! I'm sure his costume would be fabulous since the clothes the F4 wear are super chic and high end. Holy crap, I just thought of something. Hanyu, Takahashi, Oda and Kozuka should perform an exhibition number to Hana Yori Dango and Mao can play Makino. That would be awesome!

OMG what a great idea! Mao would make an amazing Makino, and Dai would certainly able to showcase his inner Domyoji I know he has in there somewhere (and I want the curls back)
And of course who better to be Hanazawa than Taka heheh.....

:)

treeloving

Medalist
OMG what a great idea! Mao would make an amazing Makino, and Dai would certainly able to showcase his inner Domyoji I know he has in there somewhere (and I want the curls back)
And of course who better to be Hanazawa than Taka heheh.....

:)

Hahahaha! So true!

I have a little bit different opinion about Yuzuru here; while you think Yuzuru come out of boy over flower, to me because of his body type and face, he is so typical Clamp manga guys. Feminine face, pencil thin and determined eyes. :laugh:

I'm so sorry for my super off topic; none skating related post. :biggrin:

About his style, he is often get compared with Weir or Plush, but I think that was caused by his costume, charisma and bielman spin. I see many skaters in him; like he combine them together. But the one who I think he is similar to the most is Yagudin.

Becki

Medalist

FTnoona

Final Flight
For anyone interested, here is the CBC commentary version of Hanyu's FS at CoR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCYfOmLNTog

- He's no longer the reigning Jr. World champ

The Canadians and British commentators seem to acknowledge Hanyu's artistry (like it's there) but the Universal Sports commentators don't seem to. I don't remember exactly what they said but I have seen three Uni Sports commentaries of Hanyu's programs (NHK 2010 FS, 4CC 2011 FS, CoR 2011 FS) and they keep saying along the lines of he skates like a junior.

Becki

Medalist
For anyone interested, here is the CBC commentary version of Hanyu's FS at CoR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCYfOmLNTog

- He's no longer the reigning Jr. World champ

The Canadians and British commentators seem to acknowledge Hanyu's artistry (like it's there) but the Universal Sports commentators don't seem to. I don't remember exactly what they said but I have seen three Uni Sports commentaries of Hanyu's programs (NHK 2010 FS, 4CC 2011 FS, CoR 2011 FS) and they keep saying along the lines of he skates like a junior.

The British Commentators think he's the next big thing, and I agree! Yeah I noticed that mistake too about the reigning Jr World Champion.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Personally, I think Yuzuru is already one of the big things (figuratively of course, 'cause single skaters are all midgets). Barring injury, he has to be considered a podium contender at every event he gets to this season.

Also, lol at all the Yuzuru/Anime comparisons. I thought the very same thing about him the first time I saw him skate, too. His looks and bearings just hit that bishounen hot spot dead on. I've already seen a lot of fan art of him from Japan. He is a marketer's dream.

FTnoona

Final Flight
Personally, I think Yuzuru is already one of the big things (figuratively of course, 'cause single skaters are all midgets). Barring injury, he has to be considered a podium contender at every event he gets to this season.

Also, lol at all the Yuzuru/Anime comparisons. I thought the very same thing about him the first time I saw him skate, too. His looks and bearings just hit that bishounen hot spot dead on. I've already seen a lot of fan art of him from Japan. He is a marketer's dream.

Haha I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thinks Yuzuru's got the bishounen look. When I first saw him, I thought that he could easily pass off as a Jpop boyband member >.<
He moves pretty well in his exhibitions so I wonder if he would be good at dancing too :D

Serious Business

Record Breaker
lol His pop dancing in his Justin Bieber exhibition number is... probably better than most skaters, though still far from the level of a competent pop performer. I really, really can't imagine Yuzuru as a member of any boy band though. There's something fiercely individualistic about him. I just can't imagine him subsuming himself in that kind of lockstep movement and dynamic for long.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
doctor2014, Welcome to Golden Skate! We hope you post long and often.

I especially love reports from people who saw a competition live! Thank you for telling us about seeing Yuzuru skate.

doctor2014

On the Ice
Thanks for your warm welcome, dorispulaski.
I’ve actually seen several competitions live already, but I’ve been busy for work so was lazy to post. Thank Hanyu for skating brilliantly and so stimulating me to post and ask about him.

I’ll try to find time to post more about him and other skaters I’ve also seen live.

Becki

Medalist
i would love to watch him live :p i've only been to one competition, Skate Canada, so far....wish I had the money to go to more haha