Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 180 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

rainingstar

Rinkside
Thank you Maria Victoria for correcting me. :) I hope someday Yuzuru can appear together with Nanami coach in an interview.

And Yuzusan I wish I could understand Japanese as well. Maybe someone would kindly translate the video or maybe just the gist of it.

rainingstar

Rinkside
I just read this article of Yuzuru back in 2011 and he said that the two pieces of music he’d really like to skate to in the future are Rondo Capriccioso and Sing, Sing, Sing. I think it would be interesting and fun to see him skate to a more upbeat/happy song.
Jazz style :biggrin:

Besides that, oriental type of songs like First Love by Joe Hisaishi in my opinion fits him. I can imagine him wearing a Yukata top just like his Hana ni Nare exhibition song.

makaihime

Final Flight
Personally, I think Yuzuru could be a great coach :agree: Taking his family background into consideration as well, he also has great techniques and has natural skaters instinct. He's analytical and is able to fully step back and recognize what needs working on (something he does to himself) and that's something that some coaches lack. Maybe now that he's getting basics training from Tracy he'll pick up some thing from her as well, and also teach his students the need for early off-ice training (for posture/lines; stamina; etc) It'd be fun to see what kind of coaching style he has :biggrin:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I just read this article of Yuzuru back in 2011 and he said that the two pieces of music he’d really like to skate to in the future are Rondo Capriccioso and Sing, Sing, Sing. I think it would be interesting and fun to see him skate to a more upbeat/happy song.
Jazz style :biggrin:

Besides that, oriental type of songs like First Love by Joe Hisaishi in my opinion fits him. I can imagine him wearing a Yukata top just like his Hana ni Nare exhibition song.

I want him to do soemthing very fun.

And I want him to do a exhibition to this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZOW8ZuLG2o

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^Thanks skatefan22 for the info. Actually I previously posted that that suit actually fitted Yuzuru compared to some suits I have previously seen him wear, i.e., his Team Japan gray blazer which he wore to his victory parade in Sendai seemed to me a trifle too large for him. Re the overly long sleeves, maybe that was by design? ;)

Anyway, here's a shot of Yuzuru with Chris Caluza where Yuzuru's sleeve almost covered half of his hand: https://24.media.tumblr.com/4c620d14134fe4d31afba1849e2b08b6/tumblr_n4f10nIRBG1tybulho1_1280.png.

PS: Thanks rainingstar, celestecruz, and won0066 for the links.

skatefan22

Medalist
^Thanks skatefan22 for the info. Actually I previously posted that that suit actually fitted Yuzuru compared to some suits I have previously seen him wear, i.e., his Team Japan gray blazer which he wore to his victory parade in Sendai seemed to me a trifle too large for him. Re the overly long sleeves, maybe that was by design? ;)

Yes. That suit fits better. I have no problem with long sleeves, many Asian fans think it is actually quite cute to have them almost covered part of his hand, including me. :biggrin:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Personally I'm not a fan of those long sleeves but if the rest fits that well, I can ignore this little flaw (and come to think of it, maybe they did it on purpose :biggrin: if the sleeves were any shorter they would probably roll up to his elbow whenever he does one of this 'signature poses' - which he kinda does all the time right now :laugh:)

Paola D

Rinkside
According to this article, Yuzu's suit at the emperor garden is actually tailored made. He can't go out due to his post-Olympic fame and has to stay in a hotel. So the tailor went to his hotel room to take his measure. But why are the sleeves still that long then? :rolleye:
http://zasshi.news.yahoo.co.jp/article?a=20140430-00010002-jisin-ent

Thanks to skatefan22 for the info. Recently I was starting to think long sleeves may be his new charm.:biggrin: Anyway, his mother is capable of so many things. A super lady indeed.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
yaaa, ok, but that's at least different music for the same theme :) there's so much wonderful music out there... and it's not like he's gonna have a gazillion competitive programs in his life... I just like more variety (but hey, it's his decision, who am I to talk ;) and since it seems to be the norm to use the same 'war horses' over and over again, why not repeat yourself...)

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^They are indeed, thanks for sharing Pamina. They remind me of some illustrations in my fairy tale books when I was child. Yuzuru is indeed lucky to have such talented fans. :)

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^As I have noted Yuzuru has very talented and creative fans ;). That could give Mama Hanyu's water bottle cozies a run for their money. Thanks skatefan22 for the link!

jimeonji

Final Flight
I have less than absolutely no idea how to read that thing but I thought maybe some of you might find it interesting... or not, I don't know, you tell me :laugh:
http://princehanyu.tumblr.com/post/84254819297/ginbanno-mai-yuzuru-hanyus-free-skating-stats
very interesting indeed. As HanDomi said, combining his top scores this season for each element and component would result in an over 200 score. But look - 4 out of his 7 triple flips this season received an "e" edge call, more times than I realized. I'm a bit nervous for the judging this season with the scoring change... I guess we will just have to wait and see how the changes affect skaters.

(and... his PCS from GPF onwards. :slink:)

nsaboten

Rinkside