Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season | Page 25 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

sweet_Michelle

Rinkside
Wrt JSC, putting aside his failure on all the jumping passes, I thought the rest was brilliant. He must've felt pretty exhausted from doing multiple shows back-to-back. That, or it's just one of those days when he has a bad skate. Poor Yuzu, he even seemed rather dejected that he decided to sit in the back row. But, oh, boy, how I love his expression and movements on the ice. They were spot-on, sexy, confident and free-flowing. His youthful energy was just shining throughout. Some of the best movements I've seen of his SP & FS combined this season. It's really unfortunate that he couldn't do the same in the jumping department, but I'm thankful that this happened in an ice show, not in a real competition. :) And gotta love the infectious smile he gave after he got up from that fall on the 3A. :love: 4CC is less than a week away, keep fit and stay healthy, Yuzu! Really looking forward to it!

I agree, actually I think Yuzu might play a bit much video game during new year's holiday than do his SP run through, and he changed his program from ex number to SP right before the performance to commit the quad battle performance with Mura and Oda,:laugh: so he is a bit of unprepared I'd say. And yes, hope this bad skate can be a good lessons learnt for him.

Last edited:

sweet_Michelle

Rinkside
Looking at the bright side,we have many new member join us in yuzu's thread in two days.
Welcome you all!
:clap:
Maybe we can make a 100 pages thread before 4CC.:yay:

Yes, I've been a quiet fan for a long time before something changed my view, hope you guys can come and post more often

Konstancia

Rinkside
Yuzuru young, sensitive, inspiring, creative and passionate. I love watching ice skating. I feel like if I go to a completely different world.

giulia95

Medalist
I am speechlees again because of what has just happened on this thread :disapp:

and because of this sudden "explosion" of Yuzu's new fans...:eek:

it's quite bizarre...

Konstancia

Rinkside
Sonia Bianchetti:
I have just seen the men's short program at Skate America. I have no words to describe the immense emotion that Hanyu has given me. His program was breathtaking. The speed of revolution in his jumps is unbelievable and he takes off att full speed from very difficult steps even when executng quadruples or the tripe Axel. He so soft in each movement and on time with the music. Well I can say that this is what I woud call "figure skating".

FTnoona

Final Flight
So much for a fan thread where the post are asked to stay "positive and related to the skater/team accordingly".
It's been getting more negative since his coaching change. Can some really not find one little positive thing to say about his coaching change and programs this season :no:

Too bad about the falls, but everyone has a bad skate once in a while. For me the best part of his SP is his step sequence at the end. There's usually good energy and dare I say a little bit of swag in it :cool:

Oh, bleep. More work for the poor moderators. And just when I was about to settle in for the Super Bowl.

The fan fest folder is for fans to say things like Yay, Hooray, :love: -- that sort of thing. If you have "constructive criticism" to offer, start a new thread in the Edge if you simply must. (And if you have only unconstructive criticism -- don't. ;) )

Last edited:

sweet_Michelle

Rinkside
So much for a fan thread where the post are asked to stay "positive and related to the skater/team accordingly".
It's been getting more negative since his coaching change. Can some really not find one little positive thing to say about his coaching change and programs this season :no:

Yes, I believe this coach change for Yuzu has both pros and cons, but it's such pity when some says anything good about it in this thread, it's immediately got picked up on and turned into the negative way, it's so obvious in previous posts and everyone can see.

The fan fest folder is for fans to say things like Yay, Hooray, :love: -- that sort of thing. If you have "constructive criticism" to offer, start a new thread in the Edge if you simply must.

CouldN't agree more.

Last edited:

Konstancia

Rinkside
Javi talking about Hanyu: "If he's 1st and I'm 2nd I'll be happy. I prefer him to be 1st than any other skater. He's a nice guy"

Fernandez is very sympathetic person.

sweet_Michelle

Rinkside
Javi talking about Hanyu: "If he's 1st and I'm 2nd I'll be happy. I prefer him to be 1st than any other skater. He's a nice guy"

Fernandez is very sympathetic person.

Wow, I'm really touched by Javi's words.
Thanks Konstancia! Do you have the source for this interview?

Last edited:

Konstancia

Rinkside
Interview with Fernadez:
Brian is a great coach. Cares about his students, and he tried in every way to help them. All things have improved a lot. I feel that I have changed a lot since I work with, and I like this change.

zydeco88

On the Ice

I suppose much of the disappointment comes from the fact that Yuzu's dramatic flair, youthful passion and lyrical qualities have somewhat been absent from any of his competitive programs this season, particularly his free-skate, and his "Hello, I love you" EX. People are dissatisfied with the seemingly hampered growth of his expressive range ever since he switched coaches to Borser, which is one of his main appeal and one of the aspects of his skating which has endeared him to many of his fans.
I won't be so quick as to judge Borser's competency. I prefer to just sit back and witness whatever pans out in the next year. To some people, Yuzu might have less-than-satisfying programs when compared to last season, but who knows if that'll change next season, now that he's got all his school-related matter settled out and can actually focus on his training in Canada.
I think there are some positive things that can be said about the coaching change. Aside from his stamina, I think he's improved on his lines/posture, skating skills... though there's still a lot to work on. His 4T has become more consistent than ever before. And I, for one, adore his current SP. It's a nice departure from Yuzu's usual lyrical style and despite the initial negative reactions from both Japanese and international fans, it's turned out great and is still evolving. He even said recently that it's only 80% completed. :) And I'm honestly liking his "Hello, I love you" EX much more than when I first saw it. Could've been because I've seen it so many times that it's actually growing on me or because I'm Kurt-biased. ;)

Last edited:

Konstancia

Rinkside
At first I did not like Orser. But I admit that I was wrong. I only see the positive changes. Stamina .... Here is a bit of a problem, but I believe that once solved.
The SP amazing! FS and not boring ... Many people say you only need to pay attention. Quasimodo is not Romeo. Quasimodo other presentation. I love Yuzu version

sorry my bad english

Last edited:

FTnoona

Final Flight
I suppose much of the disappointment comes from the fact that Yuzu's dramatic flair, youthful passion and lyrical qualities have somewhat been absent from any of his competitive programs this season, particularly his free-skate, and his "Hello, I love you" EX. People are dissatisfied with the seemingly hampered growth of his expressive range ever since he switched coaches to Borser, which is one of his main appeal and one of the aspects of his skating which has endeared him to many of his fans.
I think there are some positive things that can be said about the coaching change. Aside from his stamina, I think he's improved on his lines/posture, skating skills... though there's still a lot to work on. His 4T has become more consistent than ever before. And I, for one, adore his current SP. It's a nice departure from Yuzu's usual lyrical style and despite the initial negative reactions from both Japanese and international fans, it's turned out great and is still evolving. He even said recently that it's only 80% completed. =)

I tend to agree with some of the negatives said about his FS, but I think it might also have to do with the music choice of using Notre Dame de Paris. Personally, I find the music's climax to have not as big as an impact compared to when the lyrics are sung too like in D/W's program. It's easy to focus on his current FS because his R&J program was skated with such emotion and he really rose to the challenge at World's with it. Is it the choreography or the music choice that effects the impact of his FS?

For me the flair and passion that was in his FS last year is in his SP this year. As you said, it is a departure from his lyrical style, but that will help him expands his expressive range. He looks more comfortable with the program each time he performs it. The "what if" side of me is wondering how his programs would be this year if Buttle did the choreography for his FS and Wilson the SP.

I won't be so quick as to judge Borser's competency. I prefer to just sit back and witness whatever pans out in the next year.

I agree with you on this one. For me his current FS gives off a feeling similar to his '10 FS - "let him get use to the new tech content and stay standing at the end of the program". His team obviously had to make adjustments to his FS to allow him a breathing/posing period.

Kalina

On the Ice
Javier's words are from this interview.

He says: "To train with of of my rivals... actually I'm happy to be training with him, he's a very normal guy, he's very nice, friendly. If we train together with the same coach, we're a team, even if we compete one against the other. If [in a competition] he's first and I'm second, I'll be happy. I'd prefer him to be first more than any other skater."

More or less. I'm just a student of Spanish, so I might have made mistakes.

Konstancia

Rinkside
Javier's words are from this interview.

He says: "To train with of of my rivals... actually I'm happy to be training with him, he's a very normal guy, he's very nice, friendly. If we train together with the same coach, we're a team, even if we compete one against the other. If [in a competition] he's first and I'm second, I'll be happy. I'd prefer him to be first more than any other skater."
More or less. I'm just a student of Spanish, so I might have made mistakes.

Oh, Yes! Thank you Kalina!:)