Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 25 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Yuzuru was cute, teary eyed and absolutely adorably shining in the medal ceremony. He is really precious. I liked how the lady from the ISU couldn't resist touching his cheek in the flower ceremony, yesterday. Today I had a feeling she was holding back and almost pinched him - he just does that to you! ;)

PS: Pooh was watching from his room, haha.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I just watched a video with the medal ceremony. :party:
How can he be so adorable? I hope to see that lovely smile after many competitions from now on.
And what I like most at him (apart from his programs, of course) is that he seems so childish and innocent. His reactions are very cute and natural. He's not the classy almost out-of-this-world champion. And he's always modest and never pleased with his performances. Good for him. :)

Ophelia

Record Breaker
^He's going to inspire Justin Bieberesque fangirling from all those tween girls in Japan.

Becki

Medalist
I just watched a video with the medal ceremony. :party:
How can he be so adorable? I hope to see that lovely smile after many competitions from now on.
And what I like most at him (apart from his programs, of course) is that he seems so childish and innocent. His reactions are very cute and natural. He's not the classy almost out-of-this-world champion. And he's always modest and never pleased with his performances. Good for him. :)

Yeah, that's what I really like about him. His reactions - never looks staged, always so genuine. He has a child-like innocence to him, especially with his Winnie the Pooh tissue box (lol).

My friends and I were saying how he's perfect in so many ways (although I am pretty sure he has his flaws). He's now a national hero, inspiring the nation. That ought to feel good :p

luckykid

On the Ice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_e5l48uxOY#t=14

what does Yuzu say about Chan and Plushy?
thanks in advance and thanks to the uploader :bow:
He said the usual stuff about how competing with Chan has helped him grow as a competitor.
He also said some more interesting stuff, like though he didn't watch Chan during warm up but he heard people saying Chan's condition doesn't look too good. Even then, he still wanted Chan to skate well. From his heart, he thought Chan's performance was amazing, even though Chan made mistakes with his jumps, which he thought was a pity. Hanyu then goes on to say that Chan's skating skills is the best and he wants to learn from Chan's strengths to improve himself. Hanyu said even though he's standing in the middle on the podium, it may be due to chance, and he needs to keep on fighting. Even though he feels disappointed about his performance for the free, he said his performance in the short has boosted his confidence.
He said his idol Plushenko always have no misses performance no matter what the competition, so he aims to be like that too, since he has now become Olympic champion (what Plushenko is as well). He feels honoured to have been able to compete with Plushenko.

yude

Record Breaker

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Thank you very much for the translation. I hope he'll continue working with Brian. :yes:

kokoro_ai

Rinkside
I'm new in this forum and so new fan of Yuzuru. Thank you so much for posting: information, videos and fotos of this beautiful and unique skater.

Yuki Kuran

Spectator
Hello everybody!) M new in here:) M from Ukraine:) I was watching Sochi Olympic Games and saw Yuzuru Hanyu... I was amazed and impressed from the first sight! His skating is so beautiful as if he was floating in the air.. Btw, i thought that i can never like someone who looks not like me, who is Asian or African or Indian.. but.. i understoo that i was deeply mistakin'!)) Earlier i thought, all Japanese are the same.. how women choose them, how does love come? But now i see that for me Yuzuru is not like others, he's special.. that is it, how everything happens:) I like him so much!) I got to know some information about him, watched videos from previous championships.. M so happy for his gold medal in Sochi!) Yuzu deserves it)) An incredible boy with pure heart, pure soul and with great future:) what a pity, that i will never ever meet him n that he's not my destiny.. m serious, it's such a pity for me... but, i'll follow his success with everybody who likes him)) Life goes on! There's nothing i can do with my wishes and with their impossibility... Those who still don't believe in international love, read a book by Corinne Hofmann "The white masai".. A great book, a masterpiece! you'll get it, i promise!)

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Congrats to Yuzu! It was a disappointing performance for him, but I'm confident that this skate will motivate him moving forward, and that he'll be a great leader of the sport in the next quad. Looking forward to the next four years of growth. Hopefully he manages to get some rest in the wake of all the media.