Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 197 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

makaihime

Final Flight
Yeah, we shouldn't forget SerialKillerYuzuru thing :laugh::cool:

I wonder who'll be his next victim :laugh:

I realize I haven't made a proper introduction. American of Japanese descent, with a daughter close to Yuzu's age. Casual figure skating fan. Scientist by training so quality of data, and source documents is important to me.

Welcome!~ :party: You and Yuzuru both share the analytical attributes haha

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
No credibility at all :laugh:. Last I heard fortune telling in not considered factual. :;) Also, per GS Forum Rules, discussion of skaters personal lives should be limited to what the skater has shared publicly.

I realize I haven't made a proper introduction. American of Japanese descent, with a daughter close to Yuzu's age. Casual figure skating fan. Scientist by training so quality of data, and source documents is important to me.

Nice introduction haha. Welcome :yay:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
oh Yes!! It's a new and special category! soup eater loves chocolate, earphones and private karaoke! seems harmless but could be very dangerous sometimes
One should never underestimate the power of the soup eater! At times he might seem kinda uptight but once the soup gets thrown it is on! (only fellow nerds might know what I mean, but I don't care :laugh:)

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I'm not familiar with how homosexuality is viewed in Japan but I did like how the host mentioned the possibility!
Well I have listen that they adore Johny Weir, so I don´t think they are very biased against it.

And you are right it was a very natural and not ofensive way to ask (in case someone could be ofended)

Esopian

Final Flight
oh Yes!! It's a new and special category! soup eater loves chocolate, earphones and private karaoke! seems harmless but could be very dangerous sometimes:laugh:

Hahaha :laugh:, I laughed when I read this! The category of being a soup eater makes so much sense for Yuzu; his character is complicated to the extent both 'grass-eater' and 'meat-eater' don't fit him. So, it's 'soup-eater' indeed!

I´m really learning today.
So am I. When I read some comments on him being 'meat-eater' and 'grass-eater' ... I had no idea what those meant. I actually misread 'grass-eater' as 'grasshopper' at first. :eek::

I like the discussion on this forum because at times it ranges from serious topics to costumes, music, diet plans all the way to girlfriends!

echotpe

On the Ice
【photos】Yuzu interacted with audience after PIW Hachinohe - day 1, noon show

Yuzu attended the ice show at PIW (Prince Ice World) in Tekunoru Ice Park Niida, Hachinohe on 10, 11, May. The ice rink is located in north-east of Japan.

He performed "Hana ri nare" ex with 4T, 3A & 3T today. Forwarded several photos that audience took after show. (thank @tomolay from Baidu) He looked quite happy. And fans showed their passion as usual -so many flowers and gifts! :yay:

carry flag embedded his name:(1), (2) & with Pooh
flowers & gifts:(1), (2), (3), (4), (5), (6)
what a surprise!?
exit with his signature pose

edit:

(1)NHK news clip

(2)photos - Yuzu with Machida. (1), (2), (3), (4)
Imitate Machida's Garden of Eden! & one

Yuzusan

On the Ice
【photos】Yuzu interacted with audience after PIW Hachinohe - day 1, noon show

Yuzu attended the ice show at PIW (Prince Ice World) in Tekunoru Ice Park Niida, Hachinohe on 10, 11, May. The ice rink is located in north-east of Japan.

He performed "Hana ri nare" ex with 4T, 3A & 3T today. Forwarded several photos that audience took after show. (thank @tomolay from Baidu) He looked quite happy. And fans showed their passion as usual -so many flowers and gifts! :yay:

carry flag embedded his name:(1), (2) & with Pooh
flowers & gifts:(1), (2), (3), (4), (5)
what a surprise!?
exit with his signature pose

He seems a little bit tired too.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
【photos】

Reports say he also did 4S in finale :yes::agree:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Yes, glad to read his 4S beautiful landing!

day 1 night show photos - Yuzu with Machida. (1), (2), (3), (4)

That Yuzuru is confident enough to do 4S for his finale hopefully means that jump will no longer be a hit-or-miss thing for him this coming season and that it can be a reliable a jump for him as his 4T and 3A. I think having a stable 4S is key for him to remain on top in this Olympic cycle.

Thanks echotpe for the link to the photos of the Yuzuru and Tatsuki, both of whom no longer look like mushroom heads and (hopefully) have their bad hair days behind them. ;) Thanks also to those who posted updates, translations, and links.

Biggest news for me catching up with this thread (busy with thesis revision) is that Shae-Lynn Bourne will choreograph Yuzuru's LP this coming season. Made me check her website (http://shaelynnbourne.com/) to try to discern what artistic direction she will go for that, but I guess it will not be her decision alone to make as Yuzuru would also have his input. Before with Nanami, he has said he trusts her judgment as to choice of music, but he has since then grown and matured a lot and I think would also have a say in his programs like what he did in choosing Nino Rota's R & J as music for his Olympic season LP and wanting to have two 3A combinations in the second half of the LP. Hope this works out well.

giulia95

Medalist
According to a repo, Yuzu gave a HILARIOUS answer to a Fan who was concerned that Yuzu's legs might get too tired after all the shows:

'' No problem. I only have a cramp. I am not pregnant. (Pregnant women often experience cramp)'':eek:

It seems umorism is another quality of "soup eater" :laugh:

It seems also Yuzu's 4S is always wonderful in japanese ice rinks:biggrin:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
'' No problem. I only have a cramp. I am not pregnant. (Pregnant women often experience cramp)'':eek:
lmao. not sure I'm more relieved that he's responsible enough to remember to use protection or more worried that he's joining the "you sure that's not a girl?"-faction :laugh: (maybe a soup eater thing, I don't know... not sure I need to know)