Yuzuru Hanyu: 2010-12 Season | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2010-12 Season

FTnoona

Final Flight
Small medal ceremony: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TdlLoQgZFhI

Yuzuru has to improve on his English haha, I bet that's his next goal! His favourite skaters are "Patrick, Plunshenko and Johnny Weir"

Yuzuru speaking English sounds a bit like Yuna Kim O__O or maybe I am just delusional..

He's doing the "pretend to understand by nodding, then reply I don't know" :laugh:
Patrick and Dai seem to have a really good relationship. Lol at Hanyu after all the nodding he goes to Dai for translation. Patrick is nice, helping Dai with english. Are you actually suppose to kiss the cheek when you do that or is it grazing cheeks?

Last edited:

Becki

Medalist
He's doing the "pretend to understand by nodding, then reply I don't know" :laugh:

Haha, his favourite response is "I don't know". So cute when he passed the mic over to Daisuke because he didn't know what the woman just asked (tbh, I didn't either at first). He said he wants to improve his English so he can respond to questions like these *thumbs up*

I give him 10 points for cuteness! So adorable!!

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Hahaa.... this is too adorable :p His lack of experience is very cute.

By the way, wow I had no idea Daisuke speaking English is as sexy as his moves. To quote the French European Sport commentator: "Ooolalaaaa! 10/10! Magnifique!"

Last edited:

figuristka

Medalist
Thankyou, i loved watching the small medals clip. Love them all so much. I really like how Daisuke and Patrick have a very warm friendship, shows also Patrick is truely a skater's skater with the respect of Daisuke and Yuzuru. Watched the seminar with Daisuke and he is such a modest and honest man. Yuzuru is just enduring. Had to watch his freeskate over several times.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
I really like how Daisuke and Patrick have a very warm friendship, shows also Patrick is truely a skater's skater with the respect of Daisuke and Yuzuru.
Meanwhile two Japanese demonstrated their traditional politeness and on the question "who is your favourite skater?" they each gave their answer, and they also refered to the person in presence. Dai was the first one who did it and the Crown Prince Hanyu followed his mentor. While Chan didn't mention anyone in presence, he also didn't mention any of the competitive skater who he might face in the future. Of course at that moment he couldn't predict that Japanese will go sweet. But they played it very well- the contrast in manners was publicly exposed. :thumbsup:

Btw, Hanyu never rests:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0CI9aMxIm0

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Meanwhile two Japanese demonstrated their traditional politeness and on the question "who is your favourite skater?" they each gave their answer, and they also refered to the person in presence. Dai was the first one who did it and the Crown Prince Hanyu followed his mentor. While Chan didn't mention anyone in presence, he also didn't mention any of the competitive skater who he might face in the future. Of course at that moment he couldn't predict that Japanese will go sweet. But they played it very well- the contrast in manners was publicly exposed. :thumbsup:

Btw, Hanyu never rests:

Are you calling Yuzuru rude for not naming Daisuke his idol? Not nice to do that in an uber thread.

I think all of them were sincere, honest, and polite.

Becki

Medalist

Btw, Hanyu never rests:

What is Hanyu dancing to? LOL Wasn't that during the CoR?

Becki

Medalist
Are you calling Yuzuru rude for not naming Daisuke his idol? Not nice to do that in an uber thread.

I think all of them were sincere, honest, and polite.

Nah, don't think let's talk is calling Yuzuru rude. Daisuke is Yuzuru's compatriot, and he probably shows great admiration for him. This is something that does not need to be said as they are teammates :) That's my take on things lol

Becki

Medalist
Yeah, it was. It's Megasport aka Hodynka in Moscow. I think he is dancing his Romeo stuff.

Haha, I was listening to the music and it didn't seem to go with his hand and body movements.

I wish Hanyu was a bit older, so he can be my Romeo LOL

NMURA

Medalist
Hanyu has said that Takahashi is his aim (mokuhyo) before. When Takahashi won worlds two years ago, Hanyu's comment gave me the impression, "I wanted to be the first Japanese to win". I assume what he aims are Takahashi's records and to be the first Japanese to achieve something. Winning GPF in the short term, the Olympic medal(s) higher than bronze, and winning worlds multiple times in his career.

On the other hands, Plushenko is his idol along with Weir.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Btw, in January Yuzuru got the Sendai city Sport Award. I wonder what they will give him now after such a success at Worlds.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Haha, I was listening to the music and it didn't seem to go with his hand and body movements.

I wish Hanyu was a bit older, so he can be my Romeo LOL

Romeo's age was not revealed but he was very young. Juliet was just 14 but acted a lot more mature than rash, inpetuous Romeo.

Hanyu has said that Takahashi is his aim (mokuhyo) before. When Takahashi won worlds two years ago, Hanyu's comment gave me the impression, "I wanted to be the first Japanese to win". I assume what he aims are Takahashi's records and to be the first Japanese to achieve something. Winning GPF in the short term, the Olympic medal(s) higher than bronze, and winning worlds multiple times in his career.

On the other hands, Plushenko is his idol along with Weir.

I found it intriguing a while back when Yuzury did not name any Japanese in his list of idols, which was rather untraditional. He struck him then as a renegade, honest, ambitious, and ready to break the mold.

Becki

Medalist
Yeah I know the 'actual' Romeo is suppose to be in his mid-teens. I am talking about Hanyu being younger than me, and how I wish he was a bit older so he can be my Romeo :p

FTnoona

Final Flight
Yeah I know the 'actual' Romeo is suppose to be in his mid-teens. I am talking about Hanyu being younger than me, and how I wish he was a bit older so he can be my Romeo :p

LOL for now he is jail bait for all the older ladies. Replay by SHINee would be a proper song for Hanyu.