Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

Lunna

On the Ice
Awwww, I love this Yuzuru's number, whish he'd skated it all year. Plus R&J, ehat can be better? He's soooo beautiful when he's 100% into music :clap:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker

Gosh Hanyu is fulfilling my image of him as a Flower boy from Hana Yori Dango nicely... talk about ultimate skating idol build up. He can head billing his own ice show soon. He seems so much more emotionally invested in this performance than his FS... perhaps he can consider doing something more closely home?
Last of Samurai perhaps? Or something by a Japanese composer? :)

Becki

Medalist
Gosh Hanyu is fulfilling my image of him as a Flower boy from Hana Yori Dango nicely... talk about ultimate skating idol build up. He can head billing his own ice show soon. He seems so much more emotionally invested in this performance than his FS... perhaps he can consider doing something more closely home?
Last of Samurai perhaps? Or something by a Japanese composer? :)

Can they transform this exhibition into a competitive piece? That would be so awesome!! :D I would totally attend Yuzuru's own ice show... :)

pitterpatter

On the Ice
This article says that Yuzuru passed an essay examination, and after that, he had an oral examination using Skype on Dec.9 in Sochi. :eek: No wonder he got sick from a lot of mental pressure.

Mad respect.

This uploader translated the song lyrics and subtitled his NHK version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1PNaAM37LA I'm glad he performed it again!

As for future programs... I'd actually love for him to skate to something by Joe Hisaishi (not Nausicaa though since Taka already skated to that).

yude

Record Breaker

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Hi, this is my first post and I'm going to be ambitious and translate this
interview since I haven't seen it translated yet. I may be wrong in my
interpretation so please feel free to point out if I've missed something.
The following is a translation of this interview before the Japan National
Championship EX.

Inter: So now we have here the first-time winner of the Japan National
Skating Championship, Yuzuru Hanyu. Congratulations on your first win!
HY: Thank you
Inter: So, it has now been two days since you won the title, how does it
feel?
HY: It hasn't really felt real yet.
Inter: Why is that?
HY: Because I was not able to give a satisfactory performance in my free and
Takahashi Sempai (senior) did so well, I personally do not feel as if I have
won.
Inter2: After the skating, what did you and Takahashi say to each other?
HY: We said "otsukaresama" (well done? Good work?) and Congratulations to
each other, however he is my senior and so we did not speak about the
results.
Inter2: Takahashi has said that you are a rival, regardless of your age. How
do you take that?
HY: It makes me very happy but to me he is still a 'being on a cloud' so I
will do my best to get closer to that
Inter: We feel you have grown season by season, do you feel that you have grown?
Hy: This year has been a year of great change for me and I think I have
shown that through change I have progressed this season.
Inter: What kind of a competition has the National championships been for
you?
HY: To take first place in Japan is very difficult and I felt the intense
competitiveness Japan's male skaters while watching and skating during this
competition.
Inter: while skating too?
HY: Yes even during practice I could feel an intense atmosphere. I was
nervous.
Inter: Next year is worlds and you have written your determination here, (on the flag)
'Strength of feeling'
HY: Yes, to not give in to anything; myself, my surroundings, to concentrate
on myself so that I can get stronger, those were my thoughts when writing.
Inter:You project an image of someone who is mentally strong
HY: This time, with both my performances coming last, my mental aspect was in tatters
Inter3: Next year in the spring you will graduate high school and start
university, is there something in university life that you look forward to?
HY: I've been accepted in to Waseda University to study Human
Communication Sciences. Since it is Communication sciences, I would like to
learn about sound and surroundings and how they relate to my personal
experiences (i'm not sure about this sentence)
Inter: So studious! Well done for not having to brace yourself before saying
all that!
HY: I'm actually very nervous right now.
Inter: You will perform for us again after this, what will you think about
as you perform?
HY: Today I am collaborating, so I would like to think about our bonding (?)
I would like to perform in a way that is emotionally moving.
Inter: We look forward to it. We'll let you get ready
HY: Thank you
Lot's of bowing as we do here in japan.

Whew! That's it! If you notice that I've translated something wrong, do
tell. :)

Last edited:

giulia95

Medalist
thank you very much for translation!!:bow:

raw, wild , magic Romeo is back!!:)

Last edited:

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Awesome first post, thanks and welcome! Yuzuru is definitely growing hugely every season, sometimes I feel like telling him to slow down cause I can't keep up, but that's part of what makes him so interesting to follow.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Thanks for the welcome! I used to watch figure skating as a little kid and loved it...then it kind of slipped my mind until this year when the Japanese men began to really gain momentum. I'm a fan of Kozuka, Takahashi and Yuzuru....actually of anyone who can put together an entertaining performance! I love the way, when he's having a good day, Yuzuru makes his quads look so easy and smooth...however I hope he gets a better free program next season. I think this program lacks a crescendo (the choreo, not the music) unlike his last one; so it moves along at roughly the same pace throughout. Even though the music is dramatic, I don't feel that it's been choreographed quite right...or maybe he just hasn't gotten the hang of it? Seeing his Romeo and Juliet again the other day in EX really brought it home that he 'could' do a lot better in the musical interpretation if given the right steps. I'm still getting the hang of the technicalities of scoring and stuff but these are just observations from someone who is relatively new to the sport.

yude

Record Breaker
Yuzuru is definitely growing hugely every season, sometimes I feel like telling him to slow down cause I can't keep up, but that's part of what makes him so interesting to follow.

I totally agree!!

Newbiespectator, thank you for your GREAT work!! :clap:

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Thanks for the welcome! I used to watch figure skating as a little kid and loved it...then it kind of slipped my mind until this year when the Japanese men began to really gain momentum. I'm a fan of Kozuka, Takahashi and Yuzuru....actually of anyone who can put together an entertaining performance! I love the way, when he's having a good day, Yuzuru makes his quads look so easy and smooth...however I hope he gets a better free program next season. I think this program lacks a crescendo (the choreo, not the music) unlike his last one; so it moves along at roughly the same pace throughout. Even though the music is dramatic, I don't feel that it's been choreographed quite right...or maybe he just hasn't gotten the hang of it? Seeing his Romeo and Juliet again the other day in EX really brought it home that he 'could' do a lot better in the musical interpretation if given the right steps. I'm still getting the hang of the technicalities of scoring and stuff but these are just observations from someone who is relatively new to the sport.

I love his jumps too, I can rewatch his quads over and over, and I've never actually been especially interested in jumps in the past. Regarding his FS, I think it's a bit of both, the program itself isn't optimally choreographed, but he also hasn't shown us everything he can do with it yet. Maybe it's just me though, but I'm honestly liking this FS more and more every time he skates it. It's definitely not his best, but Yuzuru's musicality and strong performance ability allows him to make something out of it. I think we've also been a bit spoiled by R&J, it was an ideal match for him and is a tough program to follow up on.

I'm going to be optimistic and hope that David Wilson can create a stronger free program for him next season, now that he's had a chance to interact with Yuzuru and get to know him as a skater a little better. One good thing is that now we know Yuzuru can be pretty darn good even with an average program :laugh:.

This is a super cute clip: Yuzu's already inspiring the next generation! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUfCPfaNNSM

giulia95

Medalist
I'm going to be optimistic and hope that David Wilson can create a stronger free program for him next season, now that he's had a chance to interact with Yuzuru and get to know him as a skater a little better. One good thing is that now we know Yuzuru can be pretty darn good even with an average program :laugh:.

This is a super cute clip: Yuzu's already inspiring the next generation! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUfCPfaNNSM

my heart belongs to Nanami & BB, but in my wildest dreams there are Miyamoto first , then Tarasova and may be Nichol :biggrin:

Yuzu please stop being sooo cute!!! :laugh:

Last edited:

giulia95

Medalist
Kenji choregraphed Yuzu's prog, his EX in kimono is Miyamoto's work.

Oh I love it so much and that’s why I hope Miyatomo will create for him a competition program next year… Yuzu sang even during the magic spread eagle before the 3A, it’s just crazy… :laugh:

wonderful job Sashida & Kenji!!:agree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDWZW-mXsVY
I would be very curious to know what Yuzu and Sashida are talking and joking about…