Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 73 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Esopian

Final Flight
^ I agree, if she truly respected his personal space, she could've just asked nicely/politely. :think:

ayarose

On the Ice
It would be better to say Sumimasen or Gomennasai, bow, then ask to take a picture. If it's that important to get a picture with Yuzu, how difficult is it to learn a few Japanese words?

Even in English will do, it's not like Yuzu doesn't understand them. Lucky Yuzu's such a gentleman, I would have given her a side eye and a few choice nice words.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Even in English will do, it's not like Yuzu doesn't understand them. Lucky Yuzu's such a gentleman, I would have given her a side eye and a few choice nice words.

Yeah most people would :laugh: Japanese are generally too polite though. Calling attention to her rudeness would be rude in and of itself to them. Weird, I know. I bet he just thought shouganai and that was the extent of it.

Rinkside
he was really polite back though. She bombards him like that and still he just bows and accepts her request.

ayarose

On the Ice
I think different cultures think the extent of it differently. It was an excited fan, at least it was harmless and she did bow back after the photo was taken http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NaKgjjt6Lk

Maybe, but IF it was me I would consider their culture first since I'm going to impose myself at them and take their time. Every time I travel I try to read about the customs of the place I'm going to. i.e It's normal in my country to talk on the phone while on a public transportation (it annoys me actually) but in Japan it's rude. Some culture being touchy in public is okay but for some it's taboo.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
While I don't condone sneaking up on anyone and touching them..famous or not...Yuzuru is quite inviting :slink:

echotpe

On the Ice
The kind uploader in Dailymotion edited the several news clips of Yuzu's Phantom into a new video accompanied by music. Thus we may preview his program more smooth. Thank @yusu01207 and enjoy everyone!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23356e_yuzuru-hanyu-%E6%96%B0%E3%83%97%E3%83%AD-%E7%B7%B4%E7%BF%92%E3%81%BE%E3%81%A8%E3%82%81_sport

Here is another fan edited video based on news clips accompanied by music. We can watch more step sequences in this one. Enjoy!

ps. Adjust resolution setup for better video quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auLp9JQYZBg

sunnybear

Rinkside
Hi fellow Yuzu fans! I've been lurking on the forum for awhile now and I've decided to start posting~ :D

I hope Yuzu wears something dark for his costume, he doesn't seem to have many dark costumes except for his 2010 Junior SP one. Maybe something like this? :love:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Hi fellow Yuzu fans! I've been lurking on the forum for awhile now and I've decided to start posting~ :D

I hope Yuzu wears something dark for his costume, he doesn't seem to have many dark costumes except for his 2010 Junior SP one. Maybe something like this? :love:
Hello! I like this.:yes:

unico

Final Flight
Just saw these pictures that I haven't seen before floating around on my TL.

The infamous "mushroom signature", look how it combines his name, a mushroom, skates, AND his nationality. Genius. Rough translation:

From this season on, although it will be my second season as a junior, I want to go and try my best in my heart with the words "Don't give up".
Theme of '09-'10 season
"Evolution"

Another picture from a magazine with one of his Change outfits. Bonus Machida included.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Someone uploaded an old video, featuring Shoma of 4 years ago just before Vancouver. You can see Yuzuru from around 12:00 (Junior Nationals 2009). They are both very cute :love:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzM2Nzg5OTUy.html

What a nice video. Not only with Yuzuru but many other skaters as well, even Mao & Daisuke.

I had forgotten about that green and yellow number he had worn- I really loved that one. I tried to find it on google but couldn't get a clear pic of it. I did of course see some results with him & Yuzu popping up. Nice, friendly ones like this cheek poke and this chokehold :laugh:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I wonder if Yuzuru have an official account for twitter/tumblr?

No, he doesn´t use any kind of social media

And on the matter of the touchy fan, I just think that no matter who you are, you should respect another person personal space and custom.