Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 31 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

yude

Record Breaker
http://www.crank-in.net/kininaru/news/29469

Yuzuru's first DVD titled " 覚醒の時" (means "the time of awakening") will be released on May 21 :yay:

Contents: Performances in Sochi, Junior Worlds, Japanese nationals etc. without commentary. Private video

It has 3 versions, 1. Blue-Ray Disc 5800 yen, 2. DVD 4800 yen, 3. DVD 3800 yen.
I've ordered on the internet. :)

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
♥~♥ yei ! Where did you order it?
For English speakers, cdjapan.co.jp is quite good - they are based in Japan but they provide web pages and product descriptions in English. I've used them before, they ship internationally. Just search the DVD (or BluRay) sections for "Yuzuru Hanyu" and you'll see the discs.

You may be able to use amazon.co.jp too, they have pages in English - but nowhere near as good as cdjapan in my experience.

Beware though... Japanese DVD and Blu Ray prices are shockingly expensive, compared to many other countries! And Hanyu's DVD is even more expensive than usual... I suspect there may be some "price gouging" going on there, thanks to Olympics and sudden increase in popularity.

NB. there are Special Editions available of the DVDs/BluRays (hence the different prices that yude listed), but so far I have found no mention of what extras you'll get with those.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Thank you so much ! I'll be ready for expensive prices haha
Another watch-out:

According to cdjapan, the DVD's are Region 2 (Japan, Europe, South Africa, and the Middle East including Egypt). If you are outside of those regions, you might have problems playing it on a domestically-bought DVD player... you'd need one that plays region 2, or all regions.

The BluRay, again according to cdjapan, is "region free", so it should be OK in any player.

Note, I take no responsibility for the accuracy of cdjapan's information!

(If it turns out that the bluray IS region coded after all, it would be "region A" and would work eg. in American and Canadian players, but NOT eg. in European players...!)

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
I never understood all these regions matters haha thank you, I'll check it carefully :D

MiRé

Match Penalty
I have a crush on Yuzuru :eek:: anyone knows his personal life? His Girlfriend perhaps :laugh: :biggrin: :laugh:
Jokes aside, I really am looking forward on what Yuzuru can produce for his career! Can't wait to see him more

Vanilla Smile

Rinkside
Contents: Performances in Sochi, Junior Worlds, Japanese nationals etc. without commentary. Private video

Thanx for the info! Fans now will be able to see Sochi performances in good quality again. We can't count on Youtube in this regards :p

yude

Record Breaker
Thank you for adding more info, YesWay!!

NB. there are Special Editions available of the DVDs/BluRays (hence the different prices that yude listed), but so far I have found no mention of what extras you'll get with those.

I wish we could find out about that, because 2000 yen makes big difference (at least to me :biggrin:)

pooh-beanie

Rinkside
yuzuru

yuzuru fricklin hanyu is just amazing. he has asthma but (no offense) he can skate a lot better than a lot of the other men. he's also not jailbait anymore and pooh is just adorable. and he has squinchy eyes and omigod on-ice sass too
amazing jumps
so flexible
graceful wut the frickle
spins are like the male lipnitskaya

Last edited:

Becki

Medalist
I have a crush on Yuzuru :eek:: anyone knows his personal life? His Girlfriend perhaps :laugh: :biggrin: :laugh:
Jokes aside, I really am looking forward on what Yuzuru can produce for his career! Can't wait to see him more

I heard he's single :p

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I wonder if Pooh is going to the worlds with him (I hope so). I missed him at Sochi:laugh:

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Hahaha we all missed pooh xD but I remember he had one at the K&C after his SP

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I think it's this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agy7-7eP0l0

Hahaha we all missed pooh xD but I remember he had one at the K&C after his SP
I read somewhere that he wasn't allowed to bring Pooh, at least not in front of cameras because of some trade mark thingy. Something about the athletes not being allowed to show/wear/use/whatever any brands that are not officially sponsoring the Olympics. I don't know if it's true but it wouldn't surprise me. The one he got in the K&C was "delivered via air-mail onto the ice" (don't remember where I read that one)