Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 677 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Nah. He was always lowballed PCS-wise. I mean he always was so artistic, expressive, with good choreo and SS. But wasn't rewarded even 8.5 even in season 2012-2013. (LP). But bless his ability to land quads and axels like it's not a big deal. Hard to ignore such skater, eh?.

:agree:

BTW, Pamina and other members, who is going to attend ice show with Yuzu, please clap and cheer loudly for all of us. It's hard to believe when your dream came true.

Yeah, what’s more, yuzu is a born showman, and finds it very fulfilling to entertain audience. It’s good for him to enjoy a reasonable number of shows, I believe..:p

Plumededragon

Medalist
it's beautiful indeed! Looking forward to it if he's really going to perform his new sp there!! he'll usually perform new sp in faoi right? Last season his Chopin sp debuted there too!
If I recall well, it was actually on DOI, not FaOI. ;)

I like that shirt. That reminds me, I wonder what kind of costume he'll wear for his new programs. And who will design them (if it's the same guy who did this season, or if he's going to change).

jace93

On the Ice
it's beautiful indeed! Looking forward to it if he's really going to perform his new sp there!! he'll usually perform new sp in faoi right? Last season his Chopin sp debuted there too!

No normally Japanese skaters debut their programs in Dream on Ice(Yuzu rebutted his Chopin so, his hello I love you Ex and I think his R&J 1.0 there)... in Fantasy on Ice they usually do new exhibitions and collaboration, but it's rare for the skaters to reuse them in other show( Yuzu is clearly the exception since all of his Hana ni Nare (IIRC), Story and Time traveler exs were originally choreographed for this show, but I don't remember any other skater that used again one of that numbers)

Morena

On the Ice
Beautiful yuzu in a poster of faoi Kanazawa. This costume is one of my favorites! So elegant!

http://www.hk-event.jp/event/ev_detail.php?ed_no=1122
Mine fav.too.
Too bad that Yuzu prefers that o t h e r white shirt. :biggrin:

thanks for articles and news and translations!!
Buttle! he is brilliant, i hope he will choreograph for yuzuru too (along with Lambiel XD), they are like a dream team, i hope that the fact that they didnt mention he will make program for yuzuru in the article is because they like to keep us in the dark and reveal who made the program in the last minute :slink: (and he is gonna work for satoko for an ex number!!! :love: )
Wow, that's so great! I expect nothing but a masterpiece from Buttle-Satoko collaboration.

Plumededragon

Medalist
The cast for The Ice 2015 (in Sendai, in August) has been announced, and Yuzuru is not part of it (Satoko and Kanako are, tho). That's not a surprise since he stopped participating after 2012 edition, but I was still wondering since it's in Sendai.

Wow, that's so great! I expect nothing but a masterpiece from Buttle-Satoko collaboration.

Me too. I love Satoko, and with Buttle's master work, I'm sure it will be amazing.
:yes::thumbsup:

Last edited:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
The cast for The Ice 2015 (in Sendai, in August) has been announced, and Yuzuru is not part of it (Satoko and Kanako are, tho). That's not a surprise since he stopped participating after 2012 edition, but I was still wondering since it's in Sendai.

Me too. I love Satoko, and with Buttle's master work, I'm sure it will be amazing.
:yes::thumbsup:
Lotte is the owner of Ghana and that gum brand he does CM to?

Wonder is he will retain the same sponsors for this year?

Last edited:

arran

Rinkside

Please correct me if I'm wrong. But if my memory serves me right, one of the sponsor of The Ice is IMG, a celebrity agency company in which many famous japanese sportmen affiliated under. That's why the casts for The Ice are mainly from IMG agency.
Altho Hanyu-san is very famous he is not under IMG. His main affiliation is with ANA which acts as his main sponsor. If I remember correctly, Hanyu-san stopped showing in The Ice since he signed his contract with ANA. So I think the reason why Hanyu-san not casted in The Ice is his contract with ANA or maybe because if he casted he would clash with the main star from IMG.
I'm not so sure about this tho. :think:

Last edited:

Morena

On the Ice
I wouldn't say no to cool ads like he did for Aminovital, but I suspect since Lotte is a general partner of JSF, they will not let Yuzu go, so Ghana and chocolate will continue using his image.
Maybe he'll do a surprise appearance like Dai last year :)
You mean Dai skated in THE ICE?

Pamigena

Record Breaker
haha, thanks guys. And sorry about all that OT talk, I didn't mean to :hijacked:

Ahhh, that makes more sense..... still envious that you will be in Japan. You are becoming quite the Fan Auntie, what with Finlandia last fall and GPF. Hey off topic, but have you been to Tsukiji? Huge fish market (and auctions). It was the most amazing thing I saw in Tokyo.
The fish market is definitely on the list of places we'd like to visit while we're there.

I guess for now my fan-auntie-ing will most likely continue like that :laugh: I'm still on the fence about Finlandia this year, but I'll definitely be at the GPF again. We had such an amazing time there last year (and unlike Tokyo, those two events are practically around the corner)
I just figure I should take my chances while I still can, right? :slink: there are only so many competitions and shows left in his career, and we've seen last season how easily things can go very, very wrong. God knows how many chances we can get to see him live (or any skater, for that matter. In February I spontaneously went to Switzerland because I figured it might be one of my last chances to see Daisuke live. It was exhausting and cost a fortune compared to other things, but I don't regret it for a second)

BTW, Pamina and other members, who is going to attend ice show with Yuzu, please clap and cheer loudly for all of us. It's hard to believe when your dream came true.
I'm sure we all will :laugh: I'm actually really looking forward to experience the Japanese audience. The fans I met at Finlandia and GPF were all such sweethearts, it's unbelievable. And from what I've seen on videos they always get super excited at those shows. Especially about Mr. Olympics. So I'm prepared to get swept away by Japanese FS craziness :biggrin: should be fun

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Please correct me if I'm wrong. But if my memory serves me right, one of the sponsor of The Ice is IMG, a celebrity agency company in which many famous japanese sportmen affiliated under. That's why the casts for The Ice are mainly from IMG agency.
Altho Hanyu-san is very famous he is not under IMG. His main affiliation is with ANA which acts as his main sponsor. If I remember correctly, Hanyu-san stopped showing in The Ice since he signed his contract with ANA. So I think the reason why Hanyu-san not casted in The Ice is his contract with ANA or maybe because if he casted he would clash with the main star from IMG.
I'm not so sure about this tho. :think:

Kanako is sponsored by ANA too.

Must people think Yuzuru increasing popularity is the main reason for him to stop doing The Ice. But it was also the year he started working with Borser. Looking at the dates, isn't August very late in the preseason? By that time I bet Yuzuru will prefer to be concentrating in Canada training.

arran

Rinkside
I wouldn't say no to cool ads like he did for Aminovital, but I suspect since Lotte is a general partner of JSF, they will not let Yuzu go, so Ghana and chocolate will continue using his image.

That's right. Lotte and P&G are partner of JSF. Meanwhile Ajinomoto is one of affiliation for japan olympic program. Hanyu-san's adds that have no relation with JSF are MH4G, that Love in Action by red cross cm, a contract with a mattress company (sorry I forget its name) altho Hanyu-san never shot a video cm for this brand yet, Phiten (also no video cm), and Batchlin(?) (also no cm)

Last edited:

arran

Rinkside
Kanako is sponsored by ANA too.

Must people think Yuzuru increasing popularity is the main reason for him to stop doing The Ice. But it was also the year he started working with Borser. Looking at the dates, isn't August very late in the preseason? By that time I bet Yuzuru will prefer to be concentrating in Canada training.

Ah... that means the organizer doesn't want Hanyu-san to outshine the main star (i.e. Mao) :think:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Ah... that means the organizer doesn't want Hanyu-san to outshine the main star (i.e. Mao) :think:

Is a theory.

As I said I think the main reason he stopped doing the ice is because is very close to the start of the season and he at that time would or should be at Canada