Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 29 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

SuzyQ

Medalist
I am shocked Japanese fans are still complaining about David Wilson and Brian Orser. :eek:

Yuzu went to Canada to become Olympic champion and that's what he became. Full credit goes to Yuzu AND Brian, David and Jeff Buttle. How can you dismiss a program that broke the world record twice? PW was sheer brilliance and fit Yuzu perfectly. As fans we need to support Yuzu's choices NOT constantly tear them down. Shame on you!

Sorry, but I don't understand why you are definitively saying that "Japanese" fans are complaining about David Wilson and Brian Orser. :confused:

Almost all Japanese people are thankful to the Team Orser for Yuzuru's gold medal. There was a firm strategy for the Olympics with them, and I think Yuzuru has perfectly understood it. Some may dislike the programs, but those who are complaining are not only Japanese, and it is just a difference in taste.

"Shame on you" is the phrase I don't want to see in this thread.

yude

Record Breaker
Any news if Hanyu is going to train in Japan until worlds or will he be traveling back to Canada to train?

No news yet, unfortunately.

Yuzuru talks about his quads.

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/olympic/news/2014/02/23/kiji/K20140223007648361.html

Yuzuru said he is aiming for mastering 4 Loop in future.
"I have a feeling 4 Loop is almost there. I have an ambition to do the first-thing-ever."
"I have to start from getting Gold medal. I'll be paid attention, but that's not going to change me".

http://news.goo.ne.jp/article/nikkansports/sports/p-sp-tp0-140224-0007.html

"I stepped out on one leg with Loop, I rotate Lutz. I rotate Axel to a certain degree and fall with UR technically.", he has practiced them in off-season. And about Flip, "I won't put it in the program even if I can land it, so I don't value it".

giulia95

Medalist
No news yet, unfortunately.

Yuzuru talks about his quads.

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/olympic/news/2014/02/23/kiji/K20140223007648361.html

Yuzuru said he is aiming for mastering 4 Loop in future.
"I have a feeling 4 Loop is almost there. I have an ambition to do the first-thing-ever."
"I have to start from getting Gold medal. I'll be paid attention, but that's not going to change me".

http://news.goo.ne.jp/article/nikkansports/sports/p-sp-tp0-140224-0007.html

"I stepped out on one leg with Loop, I rotate Lutz. I rotate Axel to a certain degree and fall with UR technically.", he has practiced them in off-season. And about Flip, "I won't put it in the program even if I can land it, so I don't value it".

Is Yuzu training 4A too? Is it correct?

treeloving

Medalist
It is nice that he is so ambitious about jump, but I rather see him develop his artistic side more. He has so much potential but not really develop as much in this area. He has perfect body to pull off Kostner style program but right now has no line or fluidity to pull them.

I still think Wilson choreography is not suit him well but PW on the other hand is his best SP ever.

yude

Record Breaker
Is Yuzu training 4A too? Is it correct?

Yes, but it seems that he doesn't practice these quads regularly in everyday's practice, he is just stating what he is capable of now.
So don't worry, everyone :biggrin:

giulia95

Medalist
Yes, but it seems that he doesn't practice these quads regularly in everyday's practice, he is just stating what he is capable of now.

AAAHHHH!! Yuzuru is already far beyond my poor imagination!!:biggrin::laugh:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
It is nice that he is so ambitious about jump, but I rather see him develop his artistic side more. He has so much potential but not really develop as much in this area. He has perfect body to pull off Kostner style program but right now has no line or fluidity to pull them.
On the other hand, it may be better for him to focus on attempting those ambitious jumps, while he still has his current body shape. (If he fills out in later years, such jumps could become impossible).

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
"Shame on you" is the phrase I don't want to see in this thread.

:agree:

I liked the new R&J almost as much as the old one. I didn't particularly like his Notre dame program, but it's just a matter of taste.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
R&J #1 at 2012 World's was a near-perfect combination of music, costume, choreography, and passionate emotional performance.

I don't think R&J #2 is anything like that "perfect storm", and nor was last year's Notre Dame... but I still like them a lot. In my opinion, they have more subtlety and sophistication.

The trouble is, I don't think Yuzuru has really done justice to R&J #2 yet (although we got a glimpse of what it could be, at the Grand Prix final)... and I don't think he ever really did justice to Notre Dame either.

I think he's been pushing his technical limits and stamina so hard each season, that it's close to the end of season before he is able to really put his heart and soul into the FS choreography - if he manages to do it at all.

I think it was genius to keep his PW short program this year - he was able to perfect it and set a monstrous world record... but it also allowed him to concentrate more on his difficult FS.

I wouldn't mind him doing that every year: change SP and keep FS one year, then change FS and keep SP the next... if that means we ultimately get to see his programs at their very, very best.

I'm hoping he will deliver a jaw-dropping FS at World's. I'm sure he is well motivated - I think he's looking to prove something after the Olympics... and also he might be hungry for his first World title - epecially after (despite skating his heart out to ensure 3 Olympic spots for Japan) he came home empty-handed last year.

If not, I wouldn't mind him keeping R&J #2 for another year, and perfecting it... but somehow I doubt he'll do that. Sounds like he wants to push his technical boundary Way Out There, so he might need an all-new program to showcase it...

giulia95

Medalist

do you know when Yuzu started training 4Loop, 4Lutz and 4A?

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
The trouble is, I don't think Yuzuru has really done justice to R&J #2 yet (although we got a glimpse of what it could be, at the Grand Prix final)... and I don't think he ever really did justice to Notre Dame either.

My thoughts exactly. I hope he'll live the FS at the worlds. He'll be at home, like at the GPF, maybe this should be also taken into consideration.
I think the program suits him (also the music). The ina bauer moment (which perfectly matches the music) always impressed me very much, it's very intense.

I hope for the next season he'll have similar programs: something dynamic and lively for the SP and something lyrical/romantic for the FS.

jace93

On the Ice
R&J #1 at 2012 World's was a near-perfect combination of music, costume, choreography, and passionate emotional performance.

I don't think R&J #2 is anything like that "perfect storm", and nor was last year's Notre Dame... but I still like them a lot. In my opinion, they have more subtlety and sophistication.

I think he's been pushing his technical limits and stamina so hard each season, that it's close to the end of season before he is able to really put his heart and soul into the FS choreography - if he manages to do it at all.

I think it was genius to keep his PW short program this year - he was able to perfect it and set a monstrous world record... but it also allowed him to concentrate more on his difficult FS.

I wouldn't mind him doing that every year: change SP and keep FS one year, then change FS and keep SP the next... if that means we ultimately get to see his programs at their very, very best.

I'm hoping he will deliver a jaw-dropping FS at World's. I'm sure he is well motivated - I think he's looking to prove something after the Olympics... and also he might be hungry for his first World title - epecially after (despite skating his heart out to ensure 3 Olympic spots for Japan) he came home empty-handed last year.

If not, I wouldn't mind him keeping R&J #2 for another year, and perfecting it... but somehow I doubt he'll do that. Sounds like he wants to push his technical boundary Way Out There, so he might need an all-new program to showcase it...

I think that you're quite right...

last season I thought util the gpf I thought that Ndp was quite a boring and uninspired program, but at sochi there were some point in which it really worked, and it was brilliant ... unfortunatley after that both at 4cc and worlds Yuzuru had some health problems, so he never skated it to its potential, but I think that he skated it to his artistic potential during TEB galà, and it was terrific... (if someone missed it this is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ox36xsbU0)

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Hi! I'm new fan of hanyu :)
I watched Yuzuru at sochi olympics, honestly I didn't have interest on men skating but wooow I was amazed by his SP and although he fell on the FP, it was amazing how he fought and continued skating 'tll the end. I wish the best for him at Worlds :)

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
I hope for the next season he'll have similar programs: something dynamic and lively for the SP and something lyrical/romantic for the FS.

Yes I agree. Both those styles suit him and make it interesting for his fans. I'm hoping Jeff Buttle choreographs at least one of them.