Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 78 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

lbc2138

On the Ice
Agree. I like Chopin SP because it has different aura from PW. But I am not sure if Chopin SP can triumph his PW in term of score. I think Japanese media has put too much pressure on him. After all, his aim was for 2018, not just next season. All the wow programs should be saved for 2017 and 2018 seasons.

That's what I was thinking. I liked that he mentioned that just because he's Olympic champion doesn't mean he'll win everything (though I don't see any other contenders besides Javi and maybe Tatsuki)

While I'm sure Yuzu would like to dominate the next quad with amazing scores all the time, it won't necessarily be the case if he's trying to build himself towards the Olympics. That said, he's definitely not the type to fall behind the younger ones... I hope he gets to play with different styles before finding the style he is most comfortable with (which I feel like is rock-ish music) and bring back for the Olympics.

Wo|flax

Final Flight
good! :biggrin:
you have to think positive :yes: I'm pretty sure if more people would imagine stuff like that, they'd be much less shocked by the actual costume in the end :biggrin:

But Pamina, that's assuming it wont be more outrageous. What if there's two butt masks for example?

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
My god, what if he fell and cracked one of his buttmasks??? What would we do?? :eek:

Meoima

Match Penalty
From the other forum, I just copy and paste here:

post by yude » 15 Aug 2014 02:45

http://www.asahi.com/articles/DA3S11300320.html

This is the new article of Asahi news paper published on August 15, I don't subscribe for Asahi but I could read on this page (you have to log in but the membership is for free ) I am not sure if it is ok to translate whole article or not, so I'll make a small summary.

・He said, "The winning at the Olympics is the glory of the past."
・Having 3 quads in FP was Yuzuru's idea. "It was me said I wanted to".
・He isn't noticed by people very often when he walks on the streets in Canada. "Sometimes I am noticed by Chinese or Asian people in the places like super-market. By Canadian? No (laughs)." He said that it was good environment to concentrate on training.
・He hasn't been to Niagara falls (yet!). "I just go to the rink and come back home. I don't go downtown. But I hope I'll be able to see Masahiro Tanaka (a pitcher in Major league) in a game once."
・"I think I may be a passionate athlete in Manga or Anime. I don't like shopping in particular and I'm not interested in fashion. I am in Canada to do figure skating, so I like my life now more than using energy for other things."

I felt that Yuzuru had not been changed at all in a very good way, he said that he would be aiming for "different Yuzuru Hanyu", "New Yuzuru Hanyu" for next four years regardless of the results. "If I quit (skating), I might have been arrogant by now saying "I am the Olympic Champion!"", he said

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
・Having 3 quads in FP was Yuzuru's idea. "It was me said I wanted to".
:sarcasm: You don't say.

・He isn't noticed by people very often when he walks on the streets in Canada. "Sometimes I am noticed by Chinese or Asian people in the places like super-market. By Canadian? No (laughs)." He said that it was good environment to concentrate on training.
This is great to hear. It's nice he can live his life pretty much as he wants and not have to be a shut-in all the time.

"I think I may be a passionate athlete in Manga or Anime. I don't like shopping in particular and I'm not interested in fashion."

Hm, this translated bit is slightly cryptic, eh?

Esopian

Final Flight
Agree. I like Chopin SP because it has different aura from PW. But I am not sure if Chopin SP can triumph his PW in term of score. I think Japanese media has put too much pressure on him. After all, his aim was for 2018, not just next season. All the wow programs should be saved for 2017 and 2018 seasons.

Yeah, the 'wow' programs should be saved for the 2018 Olympics because by then, he would know which types of music suits him the most and what he most enjoys skating to. :yes: I think it's fine if Yuzu doesn't win all the competitions he enters this season because he already owns all of the titles. Most of all, I hope he just enjoys skating (doing what he does best).

smasma

On the Ice
・He hasn't been to Niagara falls (yet!). "I just go to the rink and come back home. I don't go downtown. But I hope I'll be able to see Masahiro Tanaka (a pitcher in Major league) in a game once."

Eh.........I know that's what he said in the article. I was scratching my head when reading it too! *cough* Isn't your massage therapist located in downtown kiddo?? *cough cough* :laugh:

ayarose

On the Ice
Eh.........I know that's what he said in the article. I was scratching my head when reading it too! *cough* Isn't your massage therapist located in downtown kiddo?? *cough cough* :laugh:

Maybe he's in a routine like: home - rink - home - rink - home - rink - therapy - home - rink - home - grocery - rest - rink? He's too focused on skating and schooling to venture out farther than where he should be, except of course when there's baseball. :biggrin:

That costume might give me nightmares tonight. :unsure:

dia

Rinkside
Hm, this translated bit is slightly cryptic, eh?[/QUOTE]

Yes, 「僕、漫画やアニメに出てくる熱血系のアスリートだと思います。」 This can be translated: "I put all my heart in sport (I am a passionate athlete) like some characters from manga or anime"

Darjaille

Rinkside
Actually, Yuzu sets his season's goal quite ambitious. :thumbsup:

He left a wish message of Japanese star festival (Tanabata) in Ice Rink Sendai. He wrote two wishes this season:
* SP and FS, no miss at all.
* Japan Nationals, GPF and Worlds, the second consecutive year champions!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvALfchCYAAMD3n.jpg:large

He can't even aim higher :laugh:
Hopefully it will drive him for the better. I really wanna see him skate two clean programs though.

And he totally is like a manga character. Troubled past, and he even has that kind of physique and face;) [SUP]Honestly I'm expecting a new popular FS manga, after last season and the FS boom in Japan.[/SUP]

Yuzusan

On the Ice
Concerning his SP, no one will be better than PW, in terms of fun and points. He reached a peak. He will continue to win but with less interesting program in the future I think.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Concerning his SP, no one will be better than PW, in terms of fun and points. He reached a peak. He will continue to win but with less interesting program in the future I think.

Points are not the problem. It is sure that if he will gain consistency on 4S he will be doing 2 quads SP :sarcasm: