Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 647 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Terrapin

On the Ice
yes it's crazy! 3A just seem to be really really easy for him... I don't think i have seen him miss one? (except COC this year but that was a bit special)

I think he missed it in COC in 2011 (during the FS, which made him really angry because it is his money jump) and once during his 2010-2011 FS (he slipped when he landed it and fell, but I don't remember I which competition it was). Other than that I don't remember him missing it: his fall during this year's COC is a proof of how difficult this programme must have been for him...

Poice

Final Flight
I think he missed it in COC in 2011 (during the FS, which made him really angry because it is his money jump) and once during his 2010-2011 FS (he slipped when he landed it and fell, but I don't remember I which competition it was). Other than that I don't remember him missing it: his fall during this year's COC is a proof of how difficult this programme must have been for him...

He also missed 3A two times during 2013/2014 season - Finlandia Trophy - in SP just 1A, Skate Canada - in LP 1A+1T.

Nemorml

On the Ice
He popped the 3A in the 3A 1Lo 3S at NHK Trophy too (I remember there were some talk about Zayak, but it doesn't look like he did it on purpose). I think this time and COC were the times he missed it in 2014-2015.

danni

On the Ice

In COC 2011 , he fell at 3T in combination with 3A, but in NHK 2010 , he had negative GOE at 3A (-0.71). I don't find the video so I don't know if he fell at 3A.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
He popped the 3A in the 3A 1Lo 3S at NHK Trophy too (I remember there were some talk about Zayak, but it doesn't look like he did it on purpose). I think this time and COC were the times he missed it in 2014-2015.

I heard people talking about avoiding the Zayak rule because he missed the 4T, but I don't think that was on purpose either since the 3A combinations are one of his money makers, and with the popped quads they were his chance of getting back the points. I don't remember if the 4T just had a < or was counted as a 3T, but if he wanted to avoid Zayaking, it would have been with a change in the 3Lz I suppose, since they are worth less.

Nemorml

On the Ice
I heard people talking about avoiding the Zayak rule because he missed the 4T, but I don't think that was on purpose either since the 3A combinations are one of his money makers, and with the popped quads they were his chance of getting back the points. I don't remember if the 4T just had a < or was counted as a 3T, but if he wanted to avoid Zayaking, it would have been with a change in the 3Lz I suppose, since they are worth less.

Or the triple toe, much better. Then he gets the lutzes and the axels. He said something about being caught off guard about the danger of Zayaking at the interview after NHK, so I think he planned to double the 3T if he trippled the 4T again, which he did at WTT.

firal

Record Breaker
He also said that the experience of NHK fs helped him with the WTT fs performance; I assume he learned from there how to avoid zayaking?

As far as the second surgery goes, I am wondering, the news was only reported on one newspaper I think (maybe a few but none cited source so could be from the same original article?) and since then no one has brought it up, either in interviewing him or in any other magazine newspaper articles. He has not hinted or mentioned about going back to the hospital too. Of course, he has a right to his own privacy and does not need to reveal every single thing about his health and his life, so that could be it, or maybe it is never scheduled. Somehow I think we will never find out.

During team Japan group number practice, there was a scene where he lifted up his shirt and fanned himself therefore exposing his stomach. I was just thinking that if you have a thread hanging out (was that what the problem was? Sorry I am very fuzzy and unintelligent about this medical topic), wouldn't you kind of care about not exposing that? Maybe he just doesn't care? :biggrin:

ahkeekee

Medalist
here is part translation of team japan interview of WTT, Yuzuru And Mura are talking about bumping their fist before 6 min warm up, i wish they showed more of this dorkiness during the event but as Mura said there " well,it cant be helped" :laugh2: thanks to tumblr user :cheer:

That's really funny, lols at how Yuzuru commented that they should keep doing the fist bump when they're in the same warm up group since after they did it they both did OK for their fp

Your title is so cute. :laugh:
Thanks!

Last edited: