Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 83 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

lbc2138

On the Ice
Baby Yuzuru!

Super old video but his voice caught me off guard since he was quite small here. So cute!

This is one of the few times I've seen Coach Nanami Abe speak directly to the camera, what's the general idea behind what she's saying?

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Baby Yuzuru!

Super old video but his voice caught me off guard since he was quite small here. So cute!

This is one of the few times I've seen Coach Nanami Abe speak directly to the camera, what's the general idea behind what she's saying?

I saw this quite a long time ago but boy do I remember my surprise at that voice! :rofl::points: I think I was waiting at the bus stop once and I was having a pretty blah day but I remembered that vid for some reason and started laughing :biggrin:

smasma

On the Ice
I don't know if this video has been posted here yet or not, but since we're not getting enough Yuzu's news lately, at least not much after he revealed his new FP, I thought I'll share Brian's interview. You can see Yuzu and Javi in there as well.

PS: According to Nam, Brian has already fulfilled his ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. Also, Nam has been nominated 4 times and he'll do it tomorrow as well. The Cricket Brothers ROCKS!!! :rock: Who's next???

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I don't know if this video has been posted here yet or not, but since we're not getting enough Yuzu's news lately, at least not much after he revealed his new FP, I thought I'll share Brian's interview. You can see Yuzu and Javi in there as well.

PS: According to Nam, Brian has already fulfilled his ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. Also, Nam has been nominated 4 times and he'll do it tomorrow as well. The Cricket Brothers ROCKS!!! :rock: Who's next???

Interesting! And I think it was nice to hear him mention Yuna. Is there a video of Brian doing the challenge? I had also asked on fsu just yesterday.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Thanks for sharing! A simple video can do wonders for training, it seems. (Though I don't think anyone's yet landed--or even planned--4-quad LPs? :scratch:)

foruiz

Final Flight
Thanks! Anyone is planning to go?

I am, I am still waiting for cheaper plane tickets to Shanghai though. I hope it wouldn't be so hard to buy the COC tickets in Shanghai (as a poster here said pages back) because it seems that booking tickets via the website has to go through so many stages like 228.com.cn calling you up first to verify your information etc instead of the usual choose-tickets-then-input-credit-card manner. Who else is definite in going?

echotpe

On the Ice

darazam

On the Ice
echotpe, where did you get info about Ice Rink Sendai? this short article doesn't mention Sendai at all... I mean it's quite possible place for Yuzuru to skate R&J but there isn't any sure confirmation for it, right?

echotpe

On the Ice
echotpe, where did you get info about Ice Rink Sendai? this short article doesn't mention Sendai at all... I mean it's quite possible place for Yuzuru to skate R&J but there isn't any sure confirmation for it, right?

Back to August 4 when his participation was announced!

"アイスショーでは被災地の会場で「ロミオとジュリエット」を滑る。"
http://www.j-cast.com/tv/2014/08/04212263.html

ps. As the event will be held on Nippon Budokan (Tokyo), Yuzu only can skate on a rink. So it is supposed at hometown rink.

darazam

On the Ice
Back to August 4 when his participation was announced!

"アイスショーでは被災地の会場で「ロミオとジュリエット」を滑る。"
http://www.j-cast.com/tv/2014/08/04212263.html
Yeah I read that, but their wording is "venue at quake stricken area".
Isn't it bit early to say it will be Ice Rink Sendai? It would be obvious choice, of course. But they can also use Technol Ice Park Arena in Hachinohe. After all that rink is the place where R&J 1.0 was born.

angelfacehanyu

Match Penalty
wow at this rate hanyu's fan numbers are gonna explode by 2018. he has the highest number of threads in the whole fan test board!!

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Nonchan has uploaded the program "Birthday" with English sub. :)

Just see Yuzuru at 21:55. His lips says "Olympic da !" (It's Olympics !) as if he has noticed it for the first time :rofl:

(By the way, when I first saw the logo "Sochi Da !" on TV, it looked to me a Japanese word :biggrin: I know it means "yes" in Russian now.)

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x242ic0_birth-day-documentary_sport#from=embediframe

I wonder if any of the Japanese skaters made some sort of sochira joke when they were about to enter into Sochi. :laugh: Ahhhhh that was lame sorry :slink:

eta: is that a Pooh bear at 3:55 in that office during the quake?

firal

Record Breaker
I am, I am still waiting for cheaper plane tickets to Shanghai though. I hope it wouldn't be so hard to buy the COC tickets in Shanghai (as a poster here said pages back) because it seems that booking tickets via the website has to go through so many stages like 228.com.cn calling you up first to verify your information etc instead of the usual choose-tickets-then-input-credit-card manner. Who else is definite in going?

Here! I am! :clap: I couldn't wait for cheaper tickets to Shanghai so I already booked. Booking tickets to actual event has been a huge pain in the butt though. I think it's only at a pre-order stage now but I cannot pre-order them without being in China and having a Chinese banking account/cell phone number. Then it was revealed that they opened up a special phone line for foreigners so I tried calling that number but they have no heard about this special service. I then tried calling the English-speaking line more than 10x on different days but only got a message saying the line is busy that I should try later (in Chinese:bang: through the English line! )

I was so frustrated thinking that now I'll go to Shanghai without tickets and hope for the best(and that the rumor there will be tons of scalpers with good seats is true...). I was getting quite nervous since I read online that there are a lot of Japanese fans going this year, and Japanese travel companies offer package deals which even include shuttle bus to/from the hotel after subway line is closed(they close quite early in Shanghai, before the end of the event I think. )

Anyway, my latest attempt was booking through the English link that was provided here (huge thanks!!) and I got an e-mail response back! Crossing my fingers now that it'll work this time.

Sorry is this is completely off-topic and should belong to the CoC thread. I just needed to get this off my chest. Now, would you watch any video of his FP (say from Finlandia) if you will be seeing it live soon? :think:Do you like to be spoiled or surprised??