Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season | Page 64 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

SuzyQ

Medalist
Shizuka: What urged you to start skating? And how old were you that time?
Yuzuru: When I was 4. My elder sister began skating and the icerink was just right at our doorstep, so I was somehow influenced and followed her to the rink.
Shizuka: I vividly remember when you came following her to our rink. You were still a kindergartner and your sister, Saya was the one who took up skating first, wasn't she? (Yuzuru: Yes) So, I had a strong impression that she's the skater and you're the brother of that skater. Before I knew it, you've grown up to be one of the world's leading skaters, so I'm caught off guard! It's really thought-provoking.
Yuzuru: Honestly, I was just following her footsteps and doing it as per usual. I even thought of quitting. So, I guess it's all thanks to her that I come to be what I am now.
Shizuka: Indeed, she regularly came to the rink and as the result, you laid your eyes on skating and became a skater. That could be the reason but..
Yuzuru: Yes.
Shizuka: but did the actual desire to get onto the ice rink come from yourself?
Yuzuru: I think I was the type to imitate whatever my sister was doing.
Shizuka: I see
Yuzuru: Due to that influence.. since my sister was doing it, I thought that I should as well. Double axel is particularly one of the stumbling blocks, isn't it? So when I saw her doing the jump, I thought 'I definitely want to jump like that'.

:)

Thank you for your quick translation! It's good for me to read it for studying English as I'm not a native English speaker.

One thing, as a native Japanese speaker:laugh:, where you put "I even thought of quitting", I hear Yuzu says "Although she has already quit skating."

Elsa G

Rinkside
Thank you for your quick translation! It's good for me to read it for studying English as I'm not a native English speaker.

One thing, as a native Japanese speaker:laugh:, where you put "I even thought of quitting", I hear Yuzu says "Although she has already quit skating."

She is not a native Japanese speaker,but thanks to zydeco88 and her multilingual talent,we could share so many infos about yuzu.

zydeco88

On the Ice

You're welcome.:) I'm neither an English nor a Japanese native speaker and I don't have the greatest command of both languages. There are times I can't fully grasp the nuances of what's being said or written, so I'm more than happy when somebody who's more knowledgeable rectifies my mistakes. :)

Paola D

Rinkside
She is not a native Japanese speaker,but thanks to zydeco88 and her multilingual talent,we could share so many infos about yuzu.

WOW! I didn't notice zydeco is not a native Japanese speaker. :eek: Amazing talent!
Welcome to Yuzuru uber land SuzyQ, although I'm a newcomer too.:)

2nd and 3rd MY OLYMPIC interviews. Here we go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27BCBvWflSc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ba7PrGCXfHY

This morning Shizuka started asking Yuzu about Olympics. Will we be able to hear something about his plan for next season?

zydeco88

On the Ice
For those who haven't read the translations I've posted on another forum, here you go:

18/06

Shizuka: Well, that your family has been incredibly supportive of your activities leaves a deep impression on my mind
Yuzu: Yes
Shizuka: But what is the utmost driving force when it comes to your current activities as a figure skater?
Yuzu: Well, there are times I pretty much don't feel like skating, take the earthquake as an example, when I strongly felt that it wasn't an appropriate situation to keep on skating. Well, whatever I say, there are indeed recurrent thoughts that I love skating but more than that, I realize that there are a lot of people watching over me.
Shizuka: Yes, yes
Yuzu: And I was made aware of their support when I participated in a post-earthquake charity show. Well, I believe that it has been my driving force since then
Shizuka: Moreover, when you receive supportive words from your fans, saying something like 'watching your performance cheers me up', they will become your strength
Yuzu: Yes, it's something I should be grateful for, so I need to work even harder.

19/06

Shizuka: I'd like you to know that in this 'My Olympic' radio program, we'll also pursue conversation with Olympics as the theme
Shizuka: Which Olympic Games.. which Olympic figure skating competition did you first watch?
Yuzu: Well, probably, I was born in the year of Nagano Olympics, so....
Shizuka: Nagano was in 1998
Yuzu: in 1998?
Shizuka: Yes, maybe..
Yuzu: I see, I see, that wasn't it
Shizuka: Lillehammer...
Yuzu: Was it Lillehammer?
Shizuka: You're born in the year of Lillehammer Olympics
Yuzu: I see
Shizuka: Probably, it's the year* you had started skating or hadn't..
(*talking about Nagano Olympics not Lillehammer)
Yuzu: I suppose so
Shizuka: You probably hadn't..
Yuzu: I hadn't.
Shizuka: You were 3 years old after all
Shizuka: But surely, you knew about Nagano Olympics
Yuzu: In that case
Yuzu, Shizuka (almost in unison): Salt Lake City
Shizuka: You'd begun skating by then
Yuzu: Yes, that Olympics left a strong impression on me
Shizuka: So, that was around the time you started thinking 'Someday in the future, I want to appear at the Olympics!'
Yuzu: Yes, it prompted me to resolutely think about it
Yuzu: during the time of Salt Lake Olympics, yes
Shizuka: And you're now gearing up towards the Olympics
Shizuka: Actually, when did you start having a clear vision of what you want to do as someone who has an Olympic spot within his grasp?
Yuzu: Well, over the past one or two years, I presume *laughs* I had been competing as a Junior up until then. And before I knew it, I had transitioned into the Senior level, and now I am able to compete in this way. Frankly, I still haven't fully grasped the reality.

Paola D, since Shizuka's started asking questions pertaining to the Olympics, I hope we get to hear about his programs for this coming season.

wxunxx

Rinkside
Finally it's coming, Sochi Japanese Figure Skating National Team qualification authorized by Japanese Skating Federation (JSF)

All the skaters whom would like to compete in Sochi must participate in All Japan Figure Skating Championships 2013.

Single

No.1 The winners of All Japan Figure Skating Championships 2013
No.2 Silver or Bronze Medalists of All Japan Championships 2013 whom top the podium of GPF 2013 in Japanese skaters.
No.3 Exception of No.1 and No.2, skaters whom ranks top 3 in all Japanese skaters of World Ranking and ISU's Seasonal Best Score will be overall evaluated to gain the final spot of Sochi National Team

Team Competition

The representatives will be selected from the Japanese National Team

1. Short Program representatives, whom ranking at the first place of all Japanese Skaters in ISU's Seasonal Best Short Program Score
2. Free program representatives, whom ranking at the first place of all Japanese Skaters in ISU's Seasonal Best Free Program Score

Additional, the skaters whom rank at 2rd of all Japanese Skaters in ISU's Seasonal Best Free Program Score will be selected as Free Program competitors if a same Japanese skater both ranks in ISU's Seasonal Best Short and Free Programs Score.

PS. Welcome aboard , SuzyQ!

SuzyQ

Medalist
You're welcome.:) I'm neither an English nor a Japanese native speaker and I don't have the greatest command of both languages. There are times I can't fully grasp the nuances of what's being said or written, so I'm more than happy when somebody who's more knowledgeable rectifies my mistakes. :)

Amazing! Of course I can understand Japanese:p, it is sometimes tough for me to read BB in English, especially some buzzwords:confused:. I'm here always with on-line dictionary. It takes me time anyway.
So, I really really admire your linguistic ability!!! I would be very happy if I could be of some help.

I'm always excited reading enthusiastic comments from all corners of the world about Yuzuru. He is one of new-type Japanese boys, I believe. You know, Japanese boys are believed to be too shy to express themselves. These days, it is said that Japanese boy skaters have the ability to deliver more than girl skaters. Thanks to Daisuke Takahashi. He is a pioneer.

Now people are talking about very talented young athletes, baseball players, swimmers, etc. all born in 1994 in Japan including Yuzu and Kanako Murakami. Yuzu is one the golden geniuses!! :points:
http://gendai.ismedia.jp/articles/-/35167

wxunxx

Rinkside
http://www.jiji.com/jc/c?g=spo&k=2013061900943
http://mainichi.jp/sports/news/20130620k0000m050048000c.html
http://www.jiji.com/jc/c?g=spo&k=2013061900943

JSF decided to run a training camp towards Sochi in Yerevan, Armenia from 1st Sep to 7th Sep, all JSF's enhancement athletes of Season 2013-2014 will be invited. Plus, Mr.Ito, the representative of JSF said the Armenia government will be able to offer help to security arrangements.

BTW, second training camp will be held in Yerevan, Armenia in Feb 2014.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Of course he was not yet in great shape, but considering he couldn't skate a whole month and more, I think it was quite amazing to see him recover that quickly :rolleye:
One yeah ago some people also kept assuring everyone with "please, wait." The rest and the result you know.

Yuzu wasn't assigned to JO. This yeah too, but this time as a current NC.

zydeco88

On the Ice
Part 4 of 'My Olympic': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cCVY6c6yeM

20/06

Shizuka: Up until now, among male athletes who have made it to the top, there are names such as Daisuke Takahashi and Takahiko Kozuka, but...
Shizuka: There's never been one who made rapid strides, immediately winning medals right after transitioning from Junior to Senior level, and now I'm witnessing this extremely unexpected growth up close. Do you feel that competing at the top level gives you a sense of happiness or does it put a certain amount of pressure on you?
Yuzu: Most of the time, the sense of happiness is stronger I think.
Yuzu: Even long before Salt Lake Olympics, I'd always thought that I wanted to appear in competitions like the ones I watched on TV, the ones that I do now, to win medals, and to stand at the very top. So, I really think that the feeling of happiness is stronger.
Shizuka: Well, even before you stood at the zenith of Japan, you'd already acquired medals from international competitions.
Yuzu: *laughs* well, yes, but rather than winning at the GP Series or Four Continents, it's considerably difficult to win at All Japan Championships. Well, um, it's hard to comment on it *laughs*, but really, it's.. emotion-inducing.

Paola D

Rinkside
Part 4 of 'My Olympic': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cCVY6c6yeM

20/06

Shizuka: There's never been one who made rapid strides, immediately winning medals right after transitioning from Junior to Senior level, and now I'm witnessing this extremely unexpected growth up close. Do you feel that competing at the top level gives you a sense of happiness or does it put a certain amount of pressure on you?
Yuzu: Most of the time, the sense of happiness is stronger I think.
Yuzu: Even long before Salt Lake Olympics, I'd always thought that I wanted to appear in competitions like the ones I watched on TV, the ones that I do now, to win medals, and to stand at the very top. So, I really think that the feeling of happiness is stronger.

Happiness is stronger than pressure.
:thumbsup:
It is very Yuzuru.

Yuzu: *laughs* well, yes, but rather than winning at the GP Series or Four Continents, it's considerably difficult to win at All Japan Championships. Well, um, it's hard to comment on it *laughs*, but really, it's.. emotion-inducing.

:laugh:

wxunxx

Rinkside
Oh yes! Time to wake up!

Yuzu talked about his new season programs in My Olympic!!

He will perform new FREE PROGRAM in DOI ice show, held on 28th,29th,30th June, only one week left. The new FS music choice is still a secret but the characteristic of new FS music as containing a strong storyline which could make him easily to put his emotion in has been confirmed. About SHORT PROGRAM, it's just lack of time to complete it.

The greatest thing is DOI will be broadcasted by Fuji Television Network on 7th July, which means we all could see the new FS in two weeks. Party on!:laugh::laugh:

Becki

Medalist
Oh yes! Time to wake up!

Yuzu talked about his new season programs in My Olympic!!

He will perform new FREE PROGRAM in DOI ice show, held on 28th,29th,30th June, only one week left. The new FS music choice is still a secret but the characteristic of new FS music as containing a strong storyline which could make him easily to put his emotion in has been confirmed. About SHORT PROGRAM, it's just lack of time to complete it.

The greatest thing is DOI will be broadcasted by Fuji Television Network on 7th July, which means we all could see the new FS in two weeks. Party on!:laugh::laugh:

SO EXCITED :D :D :D Let's have a Yuzu Program Debut party :D

zydeco88

On the Ice
Thanks wxunxx for the fast update! Translation of today's show:

Audio Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrtTLpJ3twg

21/06

Shizuka: Finally, we're approaching the Olympic season
Shizuka: What kind of programs have you prepared?
Yuzu: Well, It's still a secret
Shizuka: It's still a secret?! You made them already?
Yuzu: We haven't worked on the short. We didn't have the time, so we haven't made it, but the free is already done
Shizuka: It's done? I'm looking forward to its demonstration
Shizuka: When are you going to present the first demonstration to us?
Yuzu: For the time being, I plan to reveal the program in June.
Shizuka: At an ice show?
Shizuka: Oh, that's something we need to keep an eye out for
Yuzu: Yes *laughs* But firstly, I have to make sure to bring it to perfection before then
Shizuka: With regards to the free program, the completed free program...
Shizuka: What do you think we need to pay attention to?
Yuzu: Well, it's a program overflowing with storyline. It's one of the aspects I'd like you to pay attention to carefully. Also, the music is one I can easily get into, emotionally. This time, the theme is already decided.
Yuzu: Since it's emotionally-involving, I'd be more than happy if you can take a good look at it.
Shizuka: Really, since free program will be the last showdown, you need to fight it out
Yuzu: Well, yes
Shizuka: It's really important. So, it's a good thing to start skating to it from its early stage of development while getting ready for the Olympics.
Yuzu: Yes, I will do my best.

zydeco88

On the Ice
Another thing, FaOI will be aired on 14/07, 19:00 - 21:00 JST, on TV Asahi's news and sports satellite channel, CS Channel 2. They will broadcast the 06/07 show.
http://bangumi.skyperfectv.co.jp/SD/program:Fantasy+on+Ice+2013+in+Fukuoka/
Yuzu will be performing two programs, one in collaboration with AI, the Japanese-American singer who's invited to guest on the show, according to a Fukuoka's local news program.

https://twitter.com/Chiyochiyoyo/status/347329412829700097
We might also get to see a sneak preview of FaOI two days prior to the TV Asahi broadcast which will be aired on 12/07 from 10:40 to 11:40 JST by a local broadcasting station.

sweet_Michelle

Rinkside
Thanks a lot wxunxx and zydeco88 for the first-hand information! wow~I guess It'll still be a bit of "demo version" of the program at such early stage of the season, but still really looking forward to DOI!:yay: