Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 68 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Meoima

Match Penalty
OMG! I love that. :laugh: So cuuuute. :love:

So who's Mr. Mous, then? :biggrin:

LOL at Orser carrying Mr.Pooh around. Poor man. :laugh:

Mr. Mouse is Javi's Mickey tissue box. Javi is also Orser's student. He had been Orser's student before Yuzuru. When Orser took Yuzuru in his squad, he asked for Javi's opinion and Javi said he had no problem with it. Thus Javi and Yuzuru became training mates. Javi has been influenced by Yuzuru's obsession over Pooh somewhat, after a while suddenly he had a Mickey tissue box cover, as you can see here in the photo:
http://31.media.tumblr.com/2c2ab2dda3cd47cc2be8e1a04f86c651/tumblr_mh52xrp8fl1s0qchdo1_500.jpg

Apparently Orser now has to carry both Pooh and Mickey. :laugh:

Bonus, Yuzuru playing with Pooh at Worlds champion 2014 practice: http://youtu.be/GWYKwA_fxiI

Alba

Record Breaker
They do not sell them at Disney stores. The only place i was able to find a pooh kleenex box was at Disneyworld Japan. Here is the one i got. Twitter account is mine.

https://twitter.com/won0066/status/469669994175819776

Oh dear, I've fallen in love with Pooh. I understand Yuzuru now. :laugh:
Thank you so much for letting me know. I think I know someone who lives there and ask. They don't have online stores, right?

Sorry guys If I went completely out of topic with Mr.Pooh, but I have to get one. :love:

won0066

On the Ice
Oh dear, I've fallen in love with Pooh. I understand Yuzuru now. :laugh:
Thank you so much for letting me know. I think I know someone who lives there and ask. They don't have online stores, right?

Sorry guys If I went completely out of topic with Mr.Pooh, but I have to get one. :love:

Sorry, i meant Tokyo Disney. 😊. I tried online..but no success...so a friend in Japan got it for me.

echotpe

On the Ice
【video】Yuzu's GOE of jumps in 2013-14, by high to low order.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLnlTttfx4s&feature=youtu.be

No matter good or worse, they were all valuable dots in Yuzu's skating life and connected to his amazing future. Just Steve Jobs ever said: “You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future.”

annca

On the Ice
【video】Yuzu's jumps of GOE in 2013-14, by high to low order.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLnlTttfx4s&feature=youtu.be

No matter good or worse, they were all valuable dots in Yuzu's skating life and connected to his amazing future. Just Steve Jobs ever said: “You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future.”

ooohh!! when he lands it, the GOEs for the 4T and 3A are superb! :clap:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Mr. Pooh rarely shows up at practice in Canada as I remember. :laugh: He always shows up at competition, except at Sochi because of the trademark rule.
Yeah but you see- Yuzu had to cover the labels on his training costume with a steaker for the same reason- why it was not allowed to use steaker for Mr. Pooh's butt? Or maybe Yuzu decided that Mr. Pooh's butt is so precious it wouldn't tolerate any strange object placed on it?:laugh:

Brian Orser and Nanami Abe are both Pooh carriers. And that is an honorary duty!:p

echotpe

On the Ice
【article】Yuzu in Absolute Skating's latest report.

Atsuko Kuryu's latest article (9, Aug) in Absolute Skating (online media) took a glance of Team Japan figure skaters and other junior ones. Her report was based on the show of Dream on Ice. It may help us to acknowledge other skaters' status so far.

http://www.absoluteskating.com/index.php?cat=articles&id=2014dreamsonice

The paragraphs referred to Yuzu as following: (Sorry to list a long paragraph. But I quote them for easier reading in mobile phone;))

(1)
The Dreams on Ice shows 2014, one of Japan's most famous annual skating events, were held June 27 - 29, as usual at the Shin Yokohama Skating Center. The shows officially end the season as well as serving as a kick-off event for the 2014/2015 season.

All the tickets quickly sold out and the seats were filled up with fans of various ages. There had usually been many middle aged women and of course there were many still, however, we could also spot families in the venue, and young women. The ones wearing short skirts particularly drew my attention; they were most likely there because of Olympic gold medalist, Yuzuru Hanyu. Once he appeared on the ice there was loud screaming and cheering in the stands, and we confirmed that a new Japanese figure skating superstar was born.

(2)
I have been wondering how to appropriately portray the young Olympic and World champion, Yuzuru Hanyu. As tremendous? Terrific? Fierce? No, I couldn't think of the right words. After winning skating's two biggest titles, he seems to have a kind of aura around himself. I saw him in several performances before this event where he skated like he was in another dimension compared to before his Olympic win.

As the last skater in this show, he performed his new short program, Ballade No.1 by Chopin. He landed a huge triple Axel in the beginning, a quad toe loop and a triple Lutz-triple toe combination, both in the latter half of the program. He also did a sit and combination spins, and executed his gorgeous step sequence. He moved with outstanding speed, jumped so easily with little preparation, spun so fast and did several moves in the field such as a deep edged spread eagle, spiral and a fast Ina Bauer with bending his upper body backwards. He moved in amazingly sync to the music as usual. Of course this was the first time he performed the program in front of an audience, so he needs more time to get used to it.

Still, I must say this program, choreographed by Jeffrey Buttle, will be the sensation of the 2014/2015 season. He ever got a standing ovation after his performance. At the press conference Plushenko was asked about Yuzuru, and called him a young genius of a new skating generation. He has big future potential but needs to stay healthy, which is the most important thing. My concern is the same...

Yuzuru was asked many questions during the press conference. He admitted he was nervous before the shows since choreography had taken all his time and he hadn't been able to practice much. His music choice was made because he wanted to use a piano piece. As a junior, he skated to Paganini and ever since he has loved the feeling of skating to piano music. Programs to classical music are hard because there is often no specific story, but that is fine with Yuzuru as it gives him an opportunity to progress. Like including a quad toe in the second half of the program. He's also working on a quad loop and Salchow, but they are not reliable enough to put in the program yet. Since he is the reigning Olympic champion he feels he has a lot to prove and needs to achieve his best results. The overwhelming response from the audience caught him a bit off guard. He's not used to his superstar status yet, but was inspired by the cheering which helped his performance.

RantingSkater

Match Penalty
@treeloving - I'm not forbidding criticism here, if anything we need more of that. I can literally go on about the things Yuzuru needs to improve on if I want to. But here's the thing, there's a difference between a criticism and a complaint. I wouldn't be blowing up a couple pages back if I didn't know the difference, but I saw the complaints so here I am. All I'm saying is the complaints are getting out of hand. Complaints towards things that I find not even a big deal. Yuzuru will become better as long as he keeps this pace. If Yuzuru wants to do that layout, then that means he can do it. He's all about challenging himself so really no one shouldn't be surprise by his layout this season at all. But hell, my words obviously won't matter right? Since I'm probably the only one here who thinks this way. Until Finlandia.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
@treeloving - I'm not forbidding criticism here, if anything we need more of that. I can literally go on about the things Yuzuru needs to improve on if I want to. But here's the thing, there's a difference between a criticism and a complaint. I wouldn't be blowing up a couple pages back if I didn't know the difference, but I saw the complaints so here I am. All I'm saying is the complaints are getting out of hand. Complaints towards things that I find not even a big deal. Yuzuru will become better as long as he keeps this pace. If Yuzuru wants to do that layout, then that means he can do it. He's all about challenging himself so really no one shouldn't be surprise by his layout this season at all. But hell, my words obviously won't matter right? Since I'm probably the only one here who thinks this way. Until Finlandia.

Nope, like before, I'm with you. And I find it weird that all the negativity are "opinions, are therefor fine" (like judging a program people didn't even see until now negatively, or complaining about his layout the same way it happens every season, when those previous seasons should have taught people that they are not right about this). But saying this negativity is pointless and tiresome to read is not an opinion, that's being a worshiper. Uhm.
Anyway, this is probably getting us nowhere. I was really excited about all his news, and this thread rather got me down. In case you're interested, try the fan forum. Last time I checked people were more balanced over there :) (guess I'm just going to disappear from this thread... again. Like last season)

SuzyQ

Medalist

Hmmm...., I don't think we should take the words posted here so seriously :rolleye:

Do you think I'm too easygoing?

Actually, when a person went too far in this thread in the past, someone else braked it. I have seen it several times as I have been here from nearly the first page. So, don't worry too much. It will be fine for sure :agree: