Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 57 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

s9580

Rinkside
Mao totally nailed it! I m soooooo exciting about it!!! Not expecting too much, I want an impressive R&J-2 desperately. Please give this one Yuzu! I hope he can emotionally engage in it with most of the elements as clean as possible. Just my feeling, he shall dedicate more emotions to the program.

I can't stop thinking of his new programs next season. I might want to watch his EX with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtOvBOTyX00

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I think Yuzu needs a program for the exhibitions:) I always like to see his old programs (white legend was so beautiful at Sochi), but I would love to see something new, special for the ex:biggrin: (Story and Hana ni nare were :bow: )

lbc2138

On the Ice
I think Yuzu needs a program for the exhibitions:) I always like to see his old programs (white legend was so beautiful at Sochi), but I would love to see something new, special for the ex:biggrin: (Story and Hana ni nare were :bow: )

I hope he picks another Japanese song for a new exhibition. He always mouths the lyrics and he really gets into them. And the lyrics are so meaningful (if you read the translations).

s9580

Rinkside

100% agree! He is suitable for something soft and beautiful, I would love to see him performing some really smooth and romantic songs in exhibition.:popcorn:

roxella

On the Ice
When we will find out which will be his next programs? I can't wait any longer :bang: Can't wait to see the music choices :love:

And I just saw that Yuzu's thread has 577,058 views ... great kiddo! :clap:

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
When we will find out which will be his next programs? I can't wait any longer :bang: Can't wait to see the music choices :love:

And I just saw that Yuzu's thread has 577,058 views ... great kiddo! :clap:

And almost 200 pages :yes:

FTnoona

Final Flight
There is no way Tatsuki and Javier would receive the same or higher PCS than Yuzuru in FS, it would have to be total disaster, but beside that he should have advance in PCS.

Javi's PCS will remain close to Hanyu's PCS. He's been getting high PCS all season long so I don't see why some think he will be that much lower than Hanyu that Hanyu has 1 fall advantage over him. Javi's BV is also higher than Hanyu's, but he's had a harder time actually performing the perfect program than Hanyu has this season, so that is up in the air.
Machida's PB was from a less generous competition and got 83.36 in PCS. If he hits his FS, I wouldn't be surprised to see his PCS in the high 80s.
Hanyu might still have a slight advantage in PCS, but he is going to have to skate an amazing FS like Borser joked about in the KnC :laugh:

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
As some people have issues with the kid's costume, I have my problems with Javi's FS:laugh: He deserves his PCS because of his fantastic interpretation and skills, but that choreography...just not my type of program.

lbc2138

On the Ice
Javi's PCS will remain close to Hanyu's PCS. He's been getting high PCS all season long so I don't see why some think he will be that much lower than Hanyu that Hanyu has 1 fall advantage over him. Javi's BV is also higher than Hanyu's, but he's had a harder time actually performing the perfect program than Hanyu has this season, so that is up in the air.
Machida's PB was from a less generous competition and got 83.36 in PCS. If he hits his FS, I wouldn't be surprised to see his PCS in the high 80s.
Hanyu might still have a slight advantage in PCS, but he is going to have to skate an amazing FS like Borser joked about in the KnC :laugh:

Agreed! Ugh, I'm so done with theorizing and calculating and thinking. Friday night in Japan can't come soon enough! (No going out for me tonight since the competition will be live early in the morning from NYC)

sajoya

On the Ice
Hello everyone. I just recently joined and I know for sure I'm gonna have fun expressing my love for these talented skaters. So before I began, I would like to apologies for my lack of knowledge for figure skating.

I see so many people expressing their support for Yuzu and I think that's great, but to be honest I'm pretty sure he will make mistakes in his FP, mostly on his quads. No doubt, he's very talented and deserves the #1 world title. I mean have you seen his practice sessions? He nails every quad compare to those during his FP. Now this obviously displays how much he can't mentally maintain himself while performing. He easily let's pressure get to him, even more than ever now knowing that he's an Olympic Gold medalist. Also, the Japanese media stalking his every move isn't helping at all. May we not forget that he's still human and no one is perfect.

Good luck, Yuzu. Whatever the results are, with or without a medal, you're always going to be a champion to me (I think I'm not going to bother. I get stressful from just watching his FP. I'll just check for the results here :cry:)

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
@sajoya Welcome!:biggrin:

I want to watch the FS right now :) I think I'll be more relaxed than at Sochi when I refused to watch the start of the program with the 4S. And I hope he'll be more relaxed too.
I don't expect him to win this time. I want to enjoy watching this lovely program once more.

Esopian

Final Flight
I was playing around with the numbers and it seems that even if Yuzu falls on the first salchow, he could be able to beat both Tatsuki and Javi just because his program is so monstrous in terms of the technical elements. This is with clean/pretty skates from Tatsuki and Javi.

And if Yuzu does skate the entire program cleanly, he's going to smash his own FS record and pull away from both Tatsuki and Javi.

If I chose a skater other than Hanyu to win the World Championships, it would be Javier. But of course we're all hoping for the quad salchow and a clean/emotional FS on Friday. I just hope his mind escapes the pressure from the general public and also from the media that practically stalks him. :rolleye:

Javier's personal best for the FS is 186.07 at the Euro 2013, so if he actually achieves that score, he'll come close to winning. To me, it's a friendly battle between Javier and Yuzuru. Whoever wins, I'll be happy for him (meaning it won't be too much of a surprise).

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Hello everyone. I just recently joined and I know for sure I'm gonna have fun expressing my love for these talented skaters. So before I began, I would like to apologies for my lack of knowledge for figure skating.

I see so many people expressing their support for Yuzu and I think that's great, but to be honest I'm pretty sure he will make mistakes in his FP, mostly on his quads. No doubt, he's very talented and deserves the #1 world title. I mean have you seen his practice sessions? He nails every quad compare to those during his FP. Now this obviously displays how much he can't mentally maintain himself while performing. He easily let's pressure get to him, even more than ever now knowing that he's an Olympic Gold medalist. Also, the Japanese media stalking his every move isn't helping at all. May we not forget that he's still human and no one is perfect.

Good luck, Yuzu. Whatever the results are, with or without a medal, you're always going to be a champion to me (I think I'm not going to bother. I get stressful from just watching his FP. I'll just check for the results here :cry:)

Welcome! . Well honestly I know it will be very hard for him to skate a clean program, but definitely I'm going to watch it live :popcorn: