Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

giulia95

Medalist
Though I am not fond of the actual SP , Yuzu is definitely selling the program in his very personal way , expecially in the second half of it, when the blues turns into a rock-blues .

Yuzu surely feels the rhythm and espresses the music, there’s a lot of power , energy, speed and fun … I loved the NHK EX and the encore when he skated to the SP step sequence wearing the traditional japanese outfit, what a contrast… it’s so funny !:)!

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Number #817 got generous after NHK and put Yuzu'z interview online, before that it was available only in printed version. There's nothing particularly new, he talks about his training in Canada, which is such a nice Club, Javi inspired him, he has a team of people like Orser, Wilsons, Jeff, his basic skating was poor, in a group of 10-20 skaters from junior to senior practicing SS this Worlds bronze medalist wasn't the best, he had to be mature in his new progs but it was tough, etc. Basically it's pretty much the same stuff that we read in various sources earlier. The article: http://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/307988 pics: http://twitpic.com/e/2k78
Yuzu arrived in Sochi, earlier than the rest of Team Japan, and that police officer doesn't look scary at all, it's just his way of "Welcome to Russia!" :) www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/photonews_nsInc_f-sp-tp0-20121204-1055568.html

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Might have my timing wrong due to time zone differences, but happy 18th birthday to Yuzu! Go skate yourself a nice birthday present :cool:.

Lunna

On the Ice
Happy Birthday, Yuzuru! Wishing you great skate, wonderful programs and tons of health to compete many many years!

giulia95

Medalist
Today the Miyagi Prefecture and Japan’s eastern coast have been hit by an earthquake of the magnitude 7.3, which has been followed by the release of a tsunami warning.

Little Yuzu ,try to do the best you can in GPF..

To celebrate your birthday , I wish all your dreams will come true ..

yude

Record Breaker
Today the Miyagi Prefecture and Japan’s eastern coast have been hit by an earthquake of the magnitude 7.3, which has been followed by the release of a tsunami warning.

Little Yuzu ,try to do the best you can in GPF..

To celebrate your birthday , I wish all your dreams will come true ..

Yes...about 1-meter tsunami came, but tsunami warning was called off several hours afterward.
I wish he concentrates on skating.

Adeliza

Rinkside
A great article about Yuzuru's life and career (thus far) came out today: http://www.absoluteskating.com/index.php?cat=articles&id=2012hanyu

A very well-written article indeed, and all the things Yuzu-san said make me respect him even more. He's so dedicated and humble despite his talent and success, and his attitude towards skating and life in general is simply - well, since I'm not a native English speaker, I lack proper words, so I'll just call that - wonderful. :agree:

yude

Record Breaker
Congratulations to the silver medalists of GPF!!!
I'm so so proud of him and so happy for him!!!

I wish I could watch the medal ceremony somewhere, but I have to go to bed:p

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Congrats to Yuzu!!! :clap: Went to bed at 4AM after the ladies FS and got up at 730AM for Men's FS... But that was totally worth it! Time for some sleep now...

treeloving

Medalist
Yeah Yuzu on podium!, this is the best FS he skate this season even with pop Salchow. It great to see him improve little by little.

FTnoona

Final Flight
Anyone have a British EuroSport version of Yuzuru's FS?
Stupid new youtube layout won't let me sort by most recently uploaded anymore!

Just like last year's GPF, he messes up the SP and comes back with a good FS! Let's hope that means he is gonna have a great worlds too!

Last edited:

kimganos

On the Ice
Happy Birthday Yuzuru! You are such an amazing gift to the Figureskating World! Sooooo special!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Anyone have a British EuroSport version of Yuzuru's FS?
Stupid new youtube layout won't let me sort by most recently uploaded anymore!

Just like last year's GPF, he messes up the SP and comes back with a good FS! Let's hope that means he is gonna have a great worlds too!

Type in & do your a search, then click on the Filters menu. Sorting by upload date is one of the options.

starryxskies

On the Ice
I can't believe it took me this long to figure out but his stuffed pooh bear that's always by the rink at practice/skates is actually a cover for his tissue box. Like, duh! Smacking myself.