Yuzuru Hanyu: 2010-12 Season | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2010-12 Season

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Also, not sure if anyone's posted it, but I found the HD video of Hanyu's free skate with no commentary while reading an article from examiner dot com. :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOQliU_zSa8

Hanyu skates with such fearless abandon on the ice. He really goes accelerating into those jumps. I love this kind of figure skating. There's no fear or calculation, just pure skating.

Thank you! Great quality video. He is such a talent.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Also, not sure if anyone's posted it, but I found the HD video of Hanyu's free skate with no commentary while reading an article from examiner dot com. :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOQliU_zSa8

Hanyu skates with such fearless abandon on the ice. He really goes accelerating into those jumps. I love this kind of figure skating. There's no fear or calculation, just pure skating.

I think you hit the nail on the head here: Yuzuru is absolutely fearless on the ice when he is on. He commits heart and soul to his performances, and it is incredibly thrilling to watch. Above all, I hope Yuzuru continues to keep this quality of his skating even as he matures (as well as that adorable Winnie the Pooh tissue box).

k1ttykatk1t

Rinkside
I think you hit the nail on the head here: Yuzuru is absolutely fearless on the ice when he is on. He commits heart and soul to his performances, and it is incredibly thrilling to watch. Above all, I hope Yuzuru continues to keep this quality of his skating even as he matures (as well as that adorable Winnie the Pooh tissue box).

Yea, I totally agree. He goes all out with each move, each jump and each spin. I really hope he keeps this quality too. It makes him so exciting to watch! :D

K

kilyca

↑Don't mind!
10:03 Oh, I didn't understand the meaning of the question in Japanese too. Probably a question about mental strength.:confused: So, Yuzu could do nothing but answer "I don't know."

10:21Yuzu said.
" First of all....umm. I became full of fighting spirit in the last competition. er…. As the conclusion, I wanted to complete it properly. I accomplished it only with such a feeling."

Yuzuru talked in Japanese, in this way.
こんにちは、羽生結弦です。いつも応援して下さって、ありがとうございます。これからも皆さんの期待に応えられるように、精一杯頑張っていきますので、皆さんも一緒に頑張っていきましょう。本当にありがとうございます。Thank you for your support. 

***** In English *****
Hello. I am Yuzuru Hanyu. Thank you for always supporting. As come up to everyone's expectations, I will do best efforts, so let's do our best together! Thank you very much. Thank you for your support.

Last edited:

phaeljones

On the Ice
Patrick Chan is a fabulous skater but I don't believe he has the OGM at Sochi locked up!! There is a super talented rising star in his rear view mirror named Yuzuru! It is going to be an exciting time in men's figureskating in the next couple of years for sure!

I so agree with this. Men's figure skating is going to be very exciting over the next couple of years. I tuned in on the world's mainly to watch Patrick Chan and the final round of skaters. I was a bit early and caught the whole of Yuzuro Hanyu's fs. Amazing! Even though Yuzuro did not win, to me it was the skate of the day and I will always remember it. During this performance, I was looking at this kid and thinking, "Where does he get this amazing strength and ability? This guy is driven by pure spirit." There is a maturity to him as well. I was not at all surprised when I read his extensive background and what he had been through in Sendai because of the way he skated. To me, he is just as much of a champion as Patrick Chan. I hope that both he and Patrick continue to get better, to be at their best, for the 2014 Olympics. It will be one of the greatest skates ever.

Last edited:

Becki

Medalist
Yuzuru for 2014 and 2018 OGM ~~ :) Although I would be happy if he medals in 2014 and wins big in 2018!!

Last edited:

kimganos

On the Ice
I so agree with this. Men's figure skating is going to be very exciting over the next couple of years. I tuned in on the world's mainly to watch Patrick Chan and the final round of skaters. I was a bit early and caught the whole of Yuzuro Hanyu's fs. Amazing! Even though Yuzuro did not win, to me it was the skate of the day and I will always remember it. During this performance, I was looking at this kid and thinking, "Where does he get this amazing strength and ability? This guy is driven by pure spirit." There is a maturity to him as well. I was not at all surprised when I read his extensive background and what he had been through in Sendai because of the way he skated. To me, he is just as much of a champion as Patrick Chan. I hope that both he and Patrick continue to get better, to be at their best, for the 2014 Olympics. It will be one of the greatest skates ever.

I remember seeing Alexei Yagudin when he was 19 years old and at that time I believed he would become an Olympic Champion. I feel the same way about Yuzuru Hanyu, only more so! His World Championship Freeskate for me was the greatest skating performance I've ever seen. His supreme technical ability combined with artistry and passion so unexpected for a 17 year old was just amazing! You can not teach what he has burning from his soul. He is a very rare talent in the world of figureskating! But really there are some wonderful male skaters, including Patrick Chan, Jeremy Abbott, Daiske Takahashi, Javier Hernandez, Adam Rippon, Florent Amodio, Dennis Ten to name a few who I also look forward to seeing in the next two years. I wish all of them the best because there is nothing better then amazing skating.

Becki

Medalist
I remember seeing Alexei Yagudin when he was 19 years old and at that time I believed he would become an Olympic Champion. I feel the same way about Yuzuru Hanyu, only more so! His World Championship Freeskate for me was the greatest skating performance I've ever seen. His supreme technical ability combined with artistry and passion so unexpected for a 17 year old was just amazing! You can not teach what he has burning from his soul. He is a very rare talent in the world of figureskating! But really there are some wonderful male skaters, including Patrick Chan, Jeremy Abbott, Daiske Takahashi, Javier Hernandez, Adam Rippon, Florent Amodio, Dennis Ten to name a few who I also look forward to seeing in the next two years. I wish all of them the best because there is nothing better then amazing skating.

ITA - there is nothing better than amazing skating. If all the top men performed to the best of their ability, then I will no complaints with the standings.

Yuzuru is a such a special skater. I strongly feel and believe he will be a World Champion by 2014. Of course, I hope he wins Gold in Sochi, but my gut feeling is he'll have to wait another 4 years (sorry!) and win big in 2018. Either way, I know he'll continue until 2018 because he wants to be like his hero, Plushenko, and compete in at least three Olympics :D

Yuzuru is a jumping monster! I honestly think his 3A-3T is the best in the business, and his quad is pretty good too. He's not physically strong, so I sometimes wonder where he gets the strength from to perform all these hard jumps!!

kimganos

On the Ice
ITA - there is nothing better than amazing skating. If all the top men performed to the best of their ability, then I will no complaints with the standings.

Yuzuru is a such a special skater. I strongly feel and believe he will be a World Champion by 2014. Of course, I hope he wins Gold in Sochi, but my gut feeling is he'll have to wait another 4 years (sorry!) and win big in 2018. Either way, I know he'll continue until 2018 because he wants to be like his hero, Plushenko, and compete in at least three Olympics :D

Yuzuru is a jumping monster! I honestly think his 3A-3T is the best in the business, and his quad is pretty good too. He's not physically strong, so I sometimes wonder where he gets the strength from to perform all these hard jumps!!

He will get stronger with age but his amazing jumping ability comes from pure technique. I thought his first 3A in his Freeskate deserved +3 GOE's across the board, no questions asked. The speed and flow in and out of that jump was exceptional. There is no hesitation in his jumps before take off! And yes his 3A/3T is the best in the business also. I would not be surprised at all if he won the OGM in Sochi and I do believe he will be a World Champion very soon, maybe 2013! He has the heart of a Champion for sure! I adore him!!

bestskate8

On the Ice
Yuzuru Hanyu is a good skater but very unpolished and immature in his skating compare to someone like Joubert or Takahashi

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
bestskate8 said:
Yuzuru Hanyu is a good skater but very unpolished and immature in his skating compare to someone like Joubert or Takahashi

You might have forgotten the word young here.
Between Yuzu and Brian are freakin' 10 years! I don't think Joubert was as polished and mature with 17 as Hanyu is now...

And just by the way - Hanyu is already more musicial. Of course Hanyu as some weaknesses, but I really think his are 'reparable'. He's good all the talent one can hope for...

And I have to admit I'm sick of hearing people say he's immature... his lovely and beautiful coach (sorry, I just love her!:p) did a perfect job on giving him a choreography that matched this. I wouldn't want to see someone like Joubert, even with his polish, skate that FS. It just wouldn't work, Hanyu portrayed it perfectly. With all that un-polish and youthful 'roughness' he has.
I'm going to miss that programm!!:bow:
(Actually, I might just go and rewatch it now!)

And P.S.: huge agreement on Yuzu having the best 3A-3T out there! His axel in generel, I'd say, is the best in the business by now :)

NMURA

Medalist
Frankly, if hanyu was "mature" at his age, I would't hold much expectation on him. "Potentials" are what matter most for young skaters. He's the first man landed a quad in competition since Plushenko at 15. He has never missed the 3A in this season (and only once in last season). What he could achieve in future? Perhaps Hanyu is overrated at this point. That's because the judges are appreciating Hanyu's future prospects.

Becki

Medalist

What exactly is "maturity" anyways? And how can you compare 17 year old Yuzuru, who has been in Seniors for two years, to Daisuke and Brian, who have been seniors for at almost 10 years now....

I love Yuzuru's raw passion, his youthfulness and fight. I guess that might translate to "immaturity" and "unpolished" programs for some, but for me, it's magic.

K

kilyca

You evaluated Yuzuru as a skater, as not a 17-year-old boy. Yuzuru is in the stage of the senior, it is natural that it is compared with them.
Rather what is compared with them stirs the desire to improve oneself of Yuzuru.
Yuzu has such a character.

kimganos

On the Ice

Hmmmmmmmm! Very unpolished and immature! Yet Yuzuru ended up 2nd in the Freeskate! I quess the judges aren't seeing what you see!