Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season | Page 762 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

omurice

Rinkside
I don't think he would wear them at airports if he was long-sighted, maybe he just doesn't want to be recognized.:laugh: Idk. If he was both short-and long sighted then he would wear glasses or lenses all the time. But on the close-up pictures you can see that he doesn't wear contact lenses. So I don't know. :scratch2:

Maybe his prescription is very mild so he doesn't really need to wear glasses or contacts normally? I guess you don't really need 20/20 vision while skating :p

asiacheetah

On the Ice
Then why does he sometimes wear glasses at airports? Not logical. :)

He's probably near sighted since he wears them for reading. I used to be nearsighted. You need glasses if you want to read signs etc in the distance. There's lots of signs everywhere in airports to navigate. It's probably why he has them on to read where his name sign/driver is located (assuming he's getting picked up).

fishheadanon

Match Penalty

She is talking about allllllll the things she likes about Yuzuru: how he hates to lose, how he tries as hard as he can, how he talks for a long time :laugh:, how he has an interesting personality. (Japanese speakers pls correct me if I'm wrong) Apparently she's a Chinese fan who wrote a memo in Japanese just because she likes Yuzuru. :agree:

Lambari

Final Flight
New fancams by Aaron:

FS practice

0217 SP practice

The others were already posted here.

And now that I watched most of his FS practice videos I'd like to whine about the fact that this lovely choreographic change as he gets into the layback postition while doing his ina bauer, that was done at the GPF, was gone at the 4CC. :dbana:

Also, irrelevant but how many tissue box covers are we gonna see? Hanyu, the tru trendsetter.

These girls are very cute, they seem pretty young. :laugh: And the drawing at their banner is beautiful, the huge H&L one. Nice to see 4 (?) I can't see the pictures properly figure skaters at that list.

Last edited:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
She is talking about allllllll the things she likes about Yuzuru: how he hates to lose, how he tries as hard as he can, how he talks for a long time :laugh:, how he has an interesting personality. (Japanese speakers pls correct me if I'm wrong) Apparently she's a Chinese fan who wrote a memo in Japanese just because she likes Yuzuru. :agree:

Lol its cute how she wrote that all down in case. And her Japanese sounded really good :thumbsup:

I forgot the exact source, nor do I remember when it was exactly. But it's not "skating properly", it's "skating like Patrick does". Yuzuru mentioned that to skate like Patrick does takes a lot of stamina, that he could do it Patrick's way for a minute or so, but would probably run out of steam afterwards.

I don't remember this but I could see how its true. There are many times during practices where he exhibits superb edge work and and its gorgeous to watch in person, but its not something he really shows during competition. (Then again, Patrick is unrivaled in that aspect) He doesn't lose out to Patrick in terms of speed and difficulty though, he just has a different method/style.

Lambari

Final Flight
The moment when Yuzuru had a burning face after spinning upclose, putting some ice on it and complaining with Brian. Plus also almost getting sliced. Wild.

Yuzuru forgetting one of the gloves because he obviously only has one hand.

A random Yuzuru hydroblade mention at a random show, have no idea why. If someone could explain, thanks.

Old but the obvious reason of why Liu needs to be his ice dance partner as soon as next season.

An act of violence towards an innocent pair of gloves.

I flopped and put the wrong first link, it's correct now.

Last edited:

Lambari

Final Flight
I thought it was from his earlier years but then the tag :eeking: how on earth is he 22 :drama:

I used to be able to differentiate from which season a picture was from by his teeth k.

Now it's getting almost impossible, the difference is only sometimes his jawline and cheek bones but i'm not a jawline-cheekbone expert. lol

Reminds me of this. Maybe just replace the boom with 'becoming a coach' or something.

Since you seem to know japanese, do you know why they mentioned Yuzuru's hydroblade at that program? Thanks!

Danibellerika

Medalist
Heres the lucky fan and her experience meeting yuzu (the video) how can she be so calm.. i would be freaking out if i met yuzu :eeking:

LOL I'm so seasoned with meeting celebs that I actually think I'd handle meeting Yuzu just fine. From afar I might get excited but whenever I meet them in person I act cool as a cucumber (though inside I'm kinda excited). And it tends to pay off because we can actually hold a decent conversation. If I ever met Yuzu I will say that I feel like my Japanese could falter a bit (unless I was drinking which is when I speak my best Japanese) so I'd probably resort to English, lol.

Last edited:

owatsuyu

Rinkside
Sendai Ice Rink just release amount of donation from Blue Flame 1 and 2 royalty
Blue Flame 1: 11,638,660 yen
Blue Flame 2: 13,674,115 yen

It reminds me to get a copy. I want Irene glove too

Altie

On the Ice
Some Yuzuru's fans are suggesting Nasa to name one of their new planet as Hanyu: https://twitter.com/NASA/status/835199600709468160

:drama: I mean...

How NASA could claim the discovery of an international team led by belgium scientists never ceases to amaze me... :drama:
(yes, Belgium ! was the name "Trappist" not a hint ??? :laugh:)

Anyway, I'm not even surprised. Back a few years ago there was a huge petition (140 000 signatures !) to name an exoplanet Gallifrey, after Doctor Who :). But at least they got it right - thankfully, it's the INTERNATIONAL astronomical union who choses the new names, not the AMERICAN space Agency ! :shocked:

That being said, I'd love a real planet Hanyu :biggrin:. More than a thousand exoplanets have been discovered, and more almost everyday, so there must be some place for our favourite skater XD

Last edited:

NordEsque

On the Ice
Gotta say that the 4S-3T combo is stressing me out (sorry if people are tired of it being brought up?)

What are the chances do you guys think that he will change something? Is there a real possibility that he might do another combo at that jumping pass, like the changes to Chopin? If avoiding doing 4T-combo is due to his injury I do think that is the right decision. Given that he has managed to do the 4S-3T in the short it does seem to be a more mental problem - overthinking it. I remember reading an interview with Brian about Yuzuru preparing for Semei and having trouble landing the 4T-3T combo - it was due to him overthinking it I believe? So maybe that is what is stopping him, perhaps also it is a lack of milage for the 4S-3T combo? I mean because of his two months off the ice, and he has been doing the 4T-3T for longer right? I remember reading that he was still practicing it during the 14/15 season when he couldn't include it due to his accident. So perhaps optimistically speaking, Yuzuru has only needed time to get it right - we did read that he was doing well in practice leading up to 4cc so perhaps the outcome at 4cc was due to the two month break after GPF and because he screwed up the combo in the short - so a different mental cause?

If he does fall or pop it what would be a good back-up layout? 3A-Lo-4S? Is there a possibility that he might be crazy enough to do it? :laugh2:

Danibellerika

Medalist
Gotta say that the 4S-3T combo is stressing me out (sorry if people are tired of it being brought up?)

What are the chances do you guys think that he will change something? Is there a real possibility that he might do another combo at that jumping pass, like the changes to Chopin? If avoiding doing 4T-combo is due to his injury I do think that is the right decision. Given that he has managed to do the 4S-3T in the short it does seem to be a more mental problem - overthinking it. I remember reading an interview with Brian about Yuzuru preparing for Semei and having trouble landing the 4T-3T combo - it was due to him overthinking it I believe? So maybe that is what is stopping him, perhaps also it is a lack of milage for the 4S-3T combo? I mean because of his two months off the ice, and he has been doing the 4T-3T for longer right? I remember reading that he was still practicing it during the 14/15 season when he couldn't include it due to his accident. So perhaps optimistically speaking, Yuzuru has only needed time to get it right - we did read that he was doing well in practice leading up to 4cc so perhaps the outcome at 4cc was due to the two month break after GPF and because he screwed up the combo in the short - so a different mental cause?

If he does fall or pop it what would be a good back-up layout? 3A-Lo-4S? Is there a possibility that he might be crazy enough to do it? :laugh2:

He'd get more points for rotating and falling on that than he would for popping the 4S to a 2S. For the life of me I still don't understand why he won't do the 4S/3T at the beginning of the program. I mean, it wouldn't be any different than his SP. It just seems like a bad strategy at this point when he needs the points. Whatever cushion he had dried up at 4CC IMO. Chen front loads his program and it's working. Yuzu doesn't have to do it that severely of course, but he needs to get that combo in where he can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.