Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 84 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
Nonchan has uploaded the program "Birthday" with English sub. :)

Just see Yuzuru at 21:55. His lips say "Olympic da !" (It's Olympics !) as if he has noticed it for the first time :rofl:

(By the way, when I first saw the logo "Sochi Da !" on TV, it looked to me like a Japanese word :biggrin: I know it means "yes" in Russian now.)

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x242ic0_birth-day-documentary_sport#from=embediframe

Oh thanks so much for posting! :bow: Being able to read it makes all the difference. After watching so many videos in Japanese I still have very little idea what they are saying :scratch: which is frustrating to say the least.

unico

Final Flight
Thank you everybody for the links!

Re:CoC,I think it was a very smart move for Hanyu to be chosen to skate in China, where he supposedly has a really big fanbase (can any Chinese fans confirm this?). I hope that we'll see full stands for once in CoC :laugh:

EDIT: oh my god Orser :rofl:

sunnybear

Rinkside
Maybe they are worried that it might affect his asthma? Anyone here knows how cold water affects asthmatic people? That little jump he did into the lake/pool was so funny! :laugh:

smasma

On the Ice
Maybe they are worried that it might affect his asthma?

That's a very legitimate reason. And somehow I have a funny feeling that Yuzu is already back in Japan vacationing with his family by now. That's just my guess though, since we haven't heard much from people in the Cricket Club lately. ;)

sunnybear

Rinkside
If Yuzu did the ice bucket challenge, I would feed him milk and honey right after that, "wrap him up in cotton wool" (BBC Eurosport commentator style) and sit him down in front of a blazing fire. :laugh:

won0066

On the Ice
That's a very legitimate reason. And somehow I have a funny feeling that Yuzu is already back in Japan vacationing with his family by now. That's just my guess though, since we haven't heard much from people in the Cricket Club lately. ;)

That and coupled with the video that shows Brian at, what i assume is Lake Muskoka...that would mean Brian is maybe on vacation too!!

smasma

On the Ice
If Yuzu did the ice bucket challenge, I would feed him milk and honey right after that, "wrap him up in cotton wool" (BBC Eurosport commentator style) and sit him down in front of a blazing fire. :laugh:

You mean milk and "hunny" right?! :laugh:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I think nobody will nominate Yuzuru because of two reasons: he doesn´t have social media and he has asthma (don´t think and Ice bucket will be good for him)

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Come on, there's no way he could do the ice bucket thing. It would totally mess up his hair :cool: that's just a no go.

Now, would you watch any video of his FP (say from Finlandia) if you will be seeing it live soon? :think:Do you like to be spoiled or surprised??

I'm watching everything I can get my greedy fingers and eyes on :biggrin: but that's just me. I know some people like to wait. I can't do that, I'm too curious and way too impatient.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Yeah I read that, but their wording is "venue at quake stricken area".
Isn't it bit early to say it will be Ice Rink Sendai? It would be obvious choice, of course. But they can also use Technol Ice Park Arena in Hachinohe. After all that rink is the place where R&J 1.0 was born.
You were right;): http://www.mmt-tv.co.jp/24tv_2014/hanyu/index.html
I'd love to see it. It should be a very special performance.

darazam

On the Ice
You were right;): http://www.mmt-tv.co.jp/24tv_2014/hanyu/index.html
I'd love to see it. It should be a very special performance.
Yeah I had just found the same link!

They are currently accepting applications, winners will be decided by raffle, and some lucky people will get to see Yuzuru performance at the rink (and it will be free).
By the way, explanatory note says that the performance will be 3,5 minutes long.

I like 24Hr TV and watch it every year, but this year it will be more special.

lbc2138

On the Ice
Maybe they are worried that it might affect his asthma? Anyone here knows how cold water affects asthmatic people? That little jump he did into the lake/pool was so funny! :laugh:

Wasn't just any jump, it was definitely an axel jump into the lake. Love it!