Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season | Page 65 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

Poice

Final Flight
wxunxx and zydeco88, as always, thank you guys for keeping us updated about Yuzuru during off-season. I'm so glad that his new program allows him to be emotionally involved. I'm so excited and can't wait to see it!

ser22

On the Ice
Asahi Sports Twitter:
Seems Wilson talked a bit about Yuzu's FS- "Passionate& romantic movie soundtrack"

zydeco88

On the Ice
As I posted before, he will attend "Olympic Concert 2013" held by JOC this afternoon. So he is officially in Japan now. :biggrin:
The concert will be aired by NHK digital TV on June 30 from 4:30pm to 5:30pm. According to this page we will see and hear him talk about his thoughts on Olympics there.

http://www2.nhk.or.jp/hensei/program/p.cgi?area=001&date=2013-06-30&ch=21&eid=10930
And they just had to misspell his name: 羽生弓弦 instead of 羽生結弦. :laugh:

https://twitter.com/nhk_sports/status/348639193016184832
We might get to see him again as NHK will air a clip from the Olympic Concert today on its sports news program, Sunday Sports at 22:05-22:30. :)

wxunxx

Rinkside
Brief repo of Today's concert based on http://togetter.com/li/523178, thx to all the contributors.

Yuzu said he has been training in Canada and went back to Japan for the shows. He will go back to Canada for training when all the shows finish.
There were some photos of young Yuzu showed up during the concert, specially one was Yuzu wore blue traditional costume during school ceremony, named Happi while he was a Junior High student. For the record, the costume Yuzu wore,http://uchikoshi.sakura.ne.jp/catalog/img/kodomo_02.jpg

As always most of repo was explaining Yuzu's perfect manner and lovely character and Yuzu said his determination towards Sochi during the concert, gaining for the Gold has been his dream since he was a little kid. And he will keep fighting as a figure skater for those people whom has been supporting him in return.

Full concert will be broadcasted by NHK TV NETWORK on 30th June 4:30pm-5:30pm, Tokyo time.

updated: short news clip of the concert, thx to the uploader, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na099z6hZ8w&feature=youtu.be

Labamba

Spectator
I just love this skater so much.He has it all he really does,so refreshing.Not sure why he swapped coaches ,thought he looked much happier with the Japanese coach she seems to have a better understanding and more sensitive approach to teaching him. I also think when he was with her he won was better placed too.

zydeco88

On the Ice
24/06

Shizuka: And now the grand target (Olympics) is finally coming your way, right before your eyes
Yuzu: Yes
Shizuka: If you were to set the free skate at the Olympics as your goal, what kind of feeling would you like to embrace upon arriving at that goal?
Yuzu: I'd hate it if I ended up full of regrets. By that, I'm not talking about regrets in relation to my performances at the competition, but over things like the training process and lifestyle leading up to the competition. In that regard, I'd be more than happy if I came out with no regrets over those things.
Shizuka: You're one level-headed character.
Yuzu: No way.
Shizuka: I, myself, was only able to think like that in the preceding season before I wrapped up my final career as an athlete. So, it's remarkable that despite still being in the teenage years, you're able to treat the process leading up to your goal as important without laying aside your feelings, precisely because you have a solid goal in your mind. There are not many teens who can say that.
Yuzu: No, no, no.
Shizuka: Could this probably the key to, or rather the secret to your rapid advancement to the top?
Yuzu: No, no, in no way. Well, while it's true that practice factors into (your performance at a) competition, it's only natural that things like your lifestyle and studies will come troubling you during competition.
Shizuka: Yes
Yuzu: Precisely because of that, I want to keep my feet on the ground with regards to these things, treasuring them while proceeding onwards step by step.
Shizuka: You're solid, and considerably so.
Yuzu: *laughs*
Shizuka: Well, it's really rare to find young athletes who can detach their minds from figure skating and from there, think of ways to serve their purpose. Precisely because they are still young, well, they have to go through lots of experience and are inclined to make hasty decisions. That's usually the prevailing tendency.
Yuzu: Well, I think those are just the things that I pick up from watching my seniors' performances.
Shizuka: Really?
Yuzu: *laughs*
Shizuka: Level-headed *laughs*

giulia95

Medalist
24/06

Yuzu: I'd hate it if I ended up full of regrets. By that, I'm not talking about regrets in relation to my performances at the competition, but over things like the training process and lifestyle leading up to the competition.

Level-headed boy indeed !!:)

many thanks for the translation!!

zydeco88

On the Ice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbCALAnZ52c

25/6

Shizuka: Hanyu, what kind of skating style are you thinking of pursuing?
Yuzu: Yes, um, well, since my jumps are currently quite stable, it probably can be said that they are my selling point but.. the ultimate style I'd like to attain is one in which jumps can also be used as a vehicle of expression, as an integral part of the program, part of the story. Until I arrive at that point, well, I want to keep analyzing the program.
Shizuka: things like expressivity and skating
Yuzu: Yes
Shizuka: that's what you're talking about, right?
Yuzu: Yes, with regards to elements like spin, I've for the most part, had it assimilated in my mind to perform things like hand variation and speed of rotation in time to the music. On the other hand, I feel that certain parts of my jumps such as the approach are still a bit off-the-mark. As much as possible, I want to fix those things in hopes of turning them into a medium for expression.
Shizuka: Last season, you managed to bring your short program to completion and continued to break world records.
Yuzu: Thank you.
Shizuka: Did you anticipate that before the start of the season?
Yuzu: I didn't imagine it would turn out that way. I've always had the impression that short program is my weak link, even until now. It's such a rare case that I was able to bring off the quad and didn't make a single mistake. So honestly, I was surprised.
Shizuka: I presume it gave you a boost of confidence?
Yuzu: Yes, to think that I was able to deliver such a satisfying performance at my first (GPF) competition. So, I'd like to remember it as the beginning that imparts changes in my future career as a figure skater. Going forward I want to steadily deliver both solid short and free skate.

wxunxx

Rinkside
Today's My Olympic got my ear for only one point, Yuzu plans to put 3 quads in free program. And this is the reason why he didn't give up on 4s even the stability of 4s is quite low last season. Yuzu said it's a 'preparation'. He will work step by step but still he would like to challenge himself since Sochi is coming on its way. Overall consistency and wonderful performance is the key he's chasing for.

I believe the whole translated handout will be out very soon, always admire ur hard work,zydeco88.

So anyone could be recalled Orser's interview in March? Well I'm just always amazed by Yuzu's determination and strong action.

Despite Hanyu's injury woes, the skater, who is defending a world bronze medal here, did not consider reducing his program content.

"He is doing two different quads in his free skate, and we did discuss the idea of doing two quad toes instead of one of each," Orser said. "Yuzu said no, because next year he would have to do a quad Sal and two toes. He doesn't want to take a step back, and I agree with that."

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130313&content_id=42689266&vkey=ice_news

Becki

Medalist
Today's My Olympic got my ear for only one point, Yuzu plans to put 3 quads in free program. And this is the reason why he didn't give up on 4s even the stability of 4s is quite low last season. Yuzu said it's a 'preparation'. He will work step by step but still he would like to challenge himself since Sochi is coming on its way. Overall consistency and wonderful performance is the key he's chasing for.

I believe the whole translated handout will be out very soon, always admire ur hard work,zydeco88.

So anyone could be recalled Orser's interview in March? Well I'm just always amazed by Yuzu's determination and strong action.

Yuzu's determination really impresses me! Always support him :)

Paola D

Rinkside
Yuzu's comments after "Olympic Concert 2013". Thanks to JOC!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEy3SnHmqgE&feature=youtu.be

Very, very rough traslation.
He was so moved and inspired by the concert. His motivation for Sochi Olympics became stronger after it. Competition among Japanese men is really severe and his spot on the Olympic team is not in sight or assured yet, so he will work harder and make more efforts for it from now.