Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 72 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Esopian

Final Flight
I'm glad that this thread is so lively now, with all the costume predictions and possibilities of what his new POTO program could be like.

Overall, I'm really excited about his LP and how he can possibly conquer his new jump layout. Yuzu seems to especially enjoy taking the challenge of multiple quads; I just hope he stays I injury-safe and progress into the new season healthy. :agree:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
About the POTO costume, I think most of us are hoping for something dapper like a tailcoat, but given how much he sweats in the free program... I think it's going to be something light/airy like another onesie. Bring on R&Jno2 #2!!!!! :party2:
I think all those layers you see in the tailcoat could be easily imitated with smart design and embroidery. So he wears a simple onesie for his comfort.
I just thought of Julia Lipnitskaia's LP costume for the previous season- it wasn't that uncomfortable to skate it in it was it.

Wo|flax

Final Flight
I can't even tell you how disenchanted I was to realize that it wasn't light purple.... I thought it was so charming!! I hope this grey-cobalt colour doesn't wash him out under competition lights (while I mourn in corner, growing mushrooms, for what could have been) :cry:

About the POTO costume, I think most of us are hoping for something dapper like a tailcoat, but given how much he sweats in the free program... I think it's going to be something light/airy like another onesie. Bring on R&Jno2 #2!!!!! :party2:

I loved the purple; who knew it was all an illusion@.@
I like the blue too but for me its a bit like pw1 vs pw2; It's not that PW1 is bad, its just PW2 is brighter;

I don't want a tailcoat :/ (boring? I didn't like that one D10 costume[sorry cant remember which program]) but I'm also not sure what I want for the design; dapper sounds nice, as long as its not stuffy

base value through the seasons table

looking at just numbers, compared to 2012, this off season is relatively sane :laugh: so we can relax

unico

Final Flight
I don't want a tailcoat :/ (boring? I didn't like that one D10 costume[sorry cant remember which program]) but I'm also not sure what I want for the design; dapper sounds nice, as long as its not stuffy

I think a tailcoat would be so nice, it would flare out like a skirt when he does his quads lol. I actually want a lot of ornate detailing like in the video SuzyQ suggested it's soooo nice. Are you talking about this outfit from D10? It's hard to imagine Hanyu skating in something so... uh... bland.

I think all those layers you see in the tailcoat could be easily imitated with smart design and embroidery. So he wears a simple onesie for his comfort.
I just thought of Julia Lipnitskaia's LP costume for the previous season- it wasn't that uncomfortable to skate it in it was it.

The thing about his onesies are that they tend to be so tight to his frame, and I like the illusion of volume that layering gives. But yeah, now that you mention it, Lipnitskaya's outfit was quite nice and practical.

ayarose

On the Ice
After seeing all the practice vids, I'll say I'm now looking forward to his version of POTO. I still think the layout is crazy for his knees but Yuzu seems to be doing his best to ensure he could succeed in it. I'm worried because I want to see him skate longer, even if only until his plan of 2018 but I understand his drive to rise above the previous seasons and conquer himself and thereby the skating world. I won't stop worrying but I'll trust him because I hate being mediocre when I know I can be the best if not better.

Those are really pretty pictures from ANA.

Maybe Japanese fans can help, we already know that Yuzuru can choose only up to 5 sponsors? How will he choose his title one (ANA until now) or it will remain as an ANA sportman?

Basing on the tweet, it looked like he is still under ANA so he renewed his affiliation with them. I think it's 5 CM deals not sponsors? Not sure though, my Japanese is mainly basic convo enough for me to survive while traveling.

I can't even tell you how disenchanted I was to realize that it wasn't light purple.... I thought it was so charming!! I hope this grey-cobalt colour doesn't wash him out under competition lights (while I mourn in corner, growing mushrooms, for what could have been) :cry:

I would have love for it to be purple too, I already bought 2 nail polish in that hue.

The Red Phantom was appealing to me since red is my favorite color but yeah, it's not quite skating friendly. By another R&J2, you mean another boob skirt? That might work, now that he has bigger boobs. :biggrin: