Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 74 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Darjaille

Rinkside
I can watch this gif forever :love::bow:

I'm pretty sure it's the triple combination I like the best that I've ever seen :love: I like edge jumps the most too :love: I can't wait to hear what the commentators say about it, haha. I loved their reactions at his triple combo from last season:laugh:

firal

Record Breaker
Come on guys! I can't be the only one who can never get used to seeing single jumps in combination of any kind ! (run for the hills:p) To me it always look like a stumble or a mistake, and gives me a tiny little "ah!" before I resume enjoying the program. In a way it's good that I know what his jumps layout will be like so won't have a heart attack, but as for other skaters who I don't follow as closely...:bang:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Come on guys! I can't be the only one who can never get used to seeing single jumps in combination of any kind ! (run for the hills:p) To me it always look like a stumble or a mistake, and gives me a tiny little "ah!" before I resume enjoying the program. In a way it's good that I know what his jumps layout will be like so won't have a heart attack, but as for other skaters who I don't follow as closely...:bang:

I agree. But Yuzu's change of foot looks very deliberate and precise in the gif, unlike most cases where it looks like the skater is sort of lost and flipping about sort of sloppily in the middle of their combo. For once I'm actually okay with a 1Lo :cool:

unico

Final Flight
I agree. But Yuzu's change of foot looks very deliberate and precise in the gif, unlike most cases where it looks like the skater is sort of lost and flipping about sort of sloppily in the middle of their combo. For once I'm actually okay with a 1Lo :cool:

With his 3Lz, which is a weaker jump for him than his 3A, the 3Lz+1Lo+3S combination tended to look a bit messy and the 1Lo looked almost like a stepout, but that 3A+1Lo+3S gif looks so smooth and controlled with great height and distance throughout. The flow is crazy good :love:

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
With his 3Lz, which is a weaker jump for him than his 3A, the 3Lz+1Lo+3S combination tended to look a bit messy and the 1Lo looked almost like a stepout, but that 3A+1Lo+3S gif looks so smooth and controlled with great height and distance throughout. The flow is crazy good :love:

Actually it's a 1/2 loop which is executed with a change in foot which then allows for the 3S take-off. I agree though that doing a 3A as the first jump in the combo is a better choice for him than the lutz.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Here is a compilation of it in the GOE video someone linked to a bit back for comparison. I think we all can agree the new combo is an improvement, both thanks to the 3A and the crisper connecting Lo :biggrin:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

unico

Final Flight
Actually it's a 1/2 loop which is executed with a change in foot which then allows for the 3S take-off. I agree though that doing a 3A as the first jump in the combo is a better choice for him than the lutz.

When talking about 1/2Lo jump combinations, they mean the same thing. The 1/2Lo is listed on protocols as a 1Lo because it's a full revolution jump that lands on the back inside edge (like you said, required for the salchow takeoff), so not a "half loop" in the sense that it's only half a 1Lo revolution, just that it's not a "true" 1Lo. I think generally speaking, most people will accept either referring to it as a 1/2Lo or a 1Lo, I just choose to use the version listed in protocols. :)

Klarnet

On the Ice

I'm with you. Although 3A now redeems it a bit I don't like this loop either. I wonder whether such combo ever got high GOE

Esopian

Final Flight
Thanks for the great gif and the explanation of the jump combo, guys! :thumbsup:

I've watched figure skating for a while now and I always think that the 1 revolution jumps look a bit awkward in combos, but this time Yuzu jumped brilliantly! Can't wait for his new POTO program! ;)

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I'm with you. Although 3A now redeems it a bit I don't like this loop either. I wonder whether such combo ever got high GOE
Let's wait and see how the judges like it. If Yuzuru keeps it for his LP.;) I am actually curios about it.

Wo|flax

Final Flight

:thumbsup:

I can't stop watching it; and I watched the video so much the first time :love: Though I never hated the 1Lo as a thing from anyone, this is definitely better :bow:

I think a tailcoat would be so nice, it would flare out like a skirt when he does his quads lol. I actually want a lot of ornate detailing like in the video SuzyQ suggested it's soooo nice. Are you talking about this outfit from D10? It's hard to imagine Hanyu skating in something so... uh... bland.

Hehe flaring out like a skirt doesn't sound very practical, but now I wanna see what it looks like. I'm going to go with you because I can't think of what I'd actually like except for colours.
Yeah that's the D10 costume; I can see Yuzuru wearing it only if it was made out of black glitter:cool: POTO costume should have black glitter.

echotpe

On the Ice
【video】Yuzu in Friend on Ice 2011 Opening!

Last night, Japan TV rebroadcast the ice show of FOI 2011 to warm-up the upcoming show in late August. Back to 2011, they prepared a very warmhearted program to encourage people who experienced damaged earthquake just five months earlier in north-east of Japan.

Yuzu was one of four skaters from damaged area to perform with children. A very fresh wearing in white shirt! The little girl wore a hat for him also was so lovely. Enjoy!

photo: https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10418535_10203687763929590_531308888222055903_n.jpg?oh=685f73b54fba6b09ef32c65b1ca94ab0&oe=54718479

Start 10:09 to watch above clip:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23er9b_%E3%83%95%E3%83%AC%E3%83%B3%E3%82%BA%E3%82%AA%E3%83%B3%E3%82%A2%E3%82%A4%E3%82%B92011-%E3%82%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%97%E3%83%8B%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B0_sport

angelfacehanyu

Match Penalty
Yuzuru looks good in every color, but he suits BLUE with a passion soooooo much! He's like made for blue. I want to see him in a blue costume for his FS

SuzyQ

Medalist
【video】Yuzu in Friend on Ice 2011 Opening!

Last night, Japan TV rebroadcast the ice show of FOI 2011 to warm-up the upcoming show in late August. Back to 2011, they prepared a very warmhearted program to encourage people who experienced damaged earthquake just five months earlier in north-east of Japan.

Yuzu was one of four skaters from damaged area to perform with children. A very fresh wearing in white shirt! The little girl wore a hat for him also was so lovely. Enjoy!

photo: https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10418535_10203687763929590_531308888222055903_n.jpg?oh=685f73b54fba6b09ef32c65b1ca94ab0&oe=54718479

Start 10:09 to watch above clip:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23er9b_%E3%83%95%E3%83%AC%E3%83%B3%E3%82%BA%E3%82%AA%E3%83%B3%E3%82%A2%E3%82%A4%E3%82%B92011-%E3%82%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%97%E3%83%8B%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B0_sport

Thank you echotpe for the link :bow:

I wanted to see this program, but I haven't subscribed the channel (Nittele plus, maybe)