Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 195 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Just general translation, the interviewer says, is there a hidden side to the your skating buddies? For example Hanyu? Seems like a prince but is actually clumsy...
Takahashi says, Hanyu looks like a 'grass eater' that means someone who is passive and submissive, but his personality is a 'meat eater' that means a person who is aggressive and assertive.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Daisuke gave an interview, he mentions Yuzuru
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7irpAMjivA#t=100

Newspectator made a fast translation... thank you very much :clap:
Just general translation, the interviewer says, is there a hidden side to the your skating buddies? For example Hanyu? Seems like a prince but is actually clumsy...
Takahashi says, Hanyu looks like a 'grass eater' that means someone who is passive and submissive, but his personality is a 'meat eater' that means a person who is aggressive and assertive.

#YuzuTwist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM82voutTyE

lbc2138

On the Ice
Thank you... He really does since to be a very strong person isn´t he?

Stronger than we can ever imagine. :)

To go from being a skater from the disaster area to moving away from home to maintaining the mentality that was necessary to become both Olympic and World Champion, others would have broken down and stopped but he really does have the heart of a champion! Such an inspiration :)

Hanmgse

Record Breaker

Do people see him as a clumsy person? Really? :laugh: I totally agree about he being assertive, the boy knows how to express himself

lbc2138

On the Ice
Do people see him as a clumsy person? Really? :laugh: I totally agree about he being assertive, the boy knows how to express himself

I can see the clumsiness ;)
He does his best to probably hide it on camera but the one thing that comes to mind when I read that was when he nearly dropped his guinness world record certificate.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
He does his best to probably hide it on camera but the one thing that comes to mind when I read that was when he nearly dropped his guinness world record certificate.

Haha okay I have to agree on that one :laugh:

mikaboo

Medalist
oh my God I'm going to HIT something! :bang:
I seriously can't watch this because they used some music that blocks the whole video for my location??? (I'm about 5 seconds away from throwing a tantrum! :cry::cry:)

Pamina, are you watching from a mobile or a PC? Because I don't think it's available on mobile for some reason. Someone was commenting on YT to make it available on mobile.

I think the "clumsiness" statement was an example the MC was giving to help Daisuke answer the question. (Not denying that he could actually be clumsy off the ice though ;))
Daisuke also states that he is the opposite of Hanyu. He looks like a 'meat-eater' but is actually a 'grass-eater'.

won0066

On the Ice

My first thought was the footage of Yuzu walking down the hall at the olympics....and wiping out on the floor, with skates and skate guards on, as he went around the corner! Thank goodness he wasnt hurt!

PatricksGaze

On the Ice
Daisuke also states that he is the opposite of Hanyu. He looks like a 'meat-eater' but is actually a 'grass-eater'.

Didn't he mean "meat eater" in love life? Because such terms as "grass eater" "meat eater" can by applied to different kinds of lovers. Actually people use such terms rather to show two types of lovers. The ones who are shy and passive and the ones who are active and assertive (some even state that aggressive towards women, but I don't want to see Hanyu as this type).
As far as I remember, wasn't it Daisuke who said that you shouldn't tease Hanyu or make him angry when he's concentrating or serious because he'll get really mad?

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Pamina, are you watching from a mobile or a PC? Because I don't think it's available on mobile for some reason. Someone was commenting on YT to make it available on mobile.
doesn't work either way, it's simply geo-blocked because of the music (the internet totally sucks!)

Didn't he mean "meat eater" in love life? Because such terms as "grass eater" "meat eater" can by applied to different kinds of lovers.
... so how would Daisuke know about how... ok, never mind, ignore me :biggrin: (I'm compensating because I can't watch the §/$"% Vlog)

As far as I remember, wasn't it Daisuke who said that you shouldn't tease Hanyu or make him angry when he's concentrating or serious because he'll get really mad?
Do you mean this?
=>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDE09X0MDR0

no idea what's going on but they seem to have a good time
(but maybe a singing career is not really in store here? )
Also, Tatsuki warning Daisuke that Hanyu can get 'Really Angry' if you make fun of him when he's being serious.

PatricksGaze

On the Ice
... so how would Daisuke know about how... ok, never mind, ignore me :biggrin: (I'm compensating because I can't watch the §/$"% Vlog)

Do you mean this?
=>

You gave me a good laugh with this Daisuke joke :laugh:
Yes, I meant this. Daisuke is so funny in this video, I laughed hard. And Machida probably knows what he's talking about... Maybe he was the victim once :)

Pamigena

Record Breaker
omg you're my new hero, that one actually works :biggrin: thank you so much!

not what I expected :laugh: but still hilarious
but now I'm even more certain that he actually did hit his head on the ceiling in that other picture :laugh:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Speaking of his love life personality.Yesterday someone posted this translation on tumblr, no much weight but still pretty funny

I found an article about a fortune teller called ‘Chameleon Takeda’ fortune telling about Yuzuru’s future love life. I will post and translate a few questions on it!!

Article

Translated Questions: (Typed in bold are questions, normal font are the answers, ( ) are notices I added.)

-So, what is Yuzuru Hanyu’s type about love?

If he aims a person, he will go after them. Instead of going after several people, he will on go for people that he thinks ‘They’re the one’. And his ideal person has high qualities to pass.

-He doesn’t seem like to have a lot of relationships. More like he doesn’t really have any.

I think he accidentally says tough things to women sometimes. He might hurt them in that case and fail in relationships.

-Do you think a relationship is a plus to competing (as a figure skater)?

If he’s in a relationship it’s likely he’ll have a tendency to focus on that, so it might be difficult to balance them out at the same time. However, a relationship experience might work positively in the expression part. And, he doesn’t seem to have bad luck with love, so even if he has a broken heart there won’t be any negative impact to the competition.

-What kind of person would be a good girlfriend for him?

Somebody who is older than him, or mentally an adult LIKE MAO. A person who looks sexy, but inside who’s independent. For example, Danmitsu. (This is a picture of her.)

-Yuzuru Hanyu and Danmitsu… what an outrageous couple! The last question is… it’s only about the possibility. What if he has a thing for guys?

It doesn’t change about the part of being mentally adult and looking sexy.Like a man who is very hot and that’ll make him proud to walk with him. By the way, as far as I see on the horoscope, it doesn’t look like he does. (Fortune teller laughs)

http://yuzuristxoxo.tumblr.com/post/85131439156/i-found-an-article-about-a-fortune-teller-called

Have fun

skatefan22

Medalist

I think he is a meat type. He expresses his feelings quite straight-forwardly. Look at how he runs into Song Nan's arms.
https://24.media.tumblr.com/ebb842b475935e1583f6c22f6aac3147/tumblr_n1a7wbFMH01tsm1rto1_250.gif

Here is also a gif (with audio) of him playing dodge ball at elementary school. He yelled something like ''Tea-chan, why did you dodge?!!'' —— very serious even when playing games.
https://vine.co/v/MA5ptqPdrax