Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season | Page 24 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

giulia95

Medalist
I'm sorry it was 2 weeks from NHK to GPF where He didn't out of breath and fell on ice which in between time Yuzu trains in Shendai, just being percise in case you don't understand.

Honestly Yuzu trained alone from NHK to JN .. and I hope he had not to train at 2 am every night..

sweet_Michelle

Rinkside
Honestly Yuzu trained alone from NHK to JN .. and I hope he had not to train at 2 am every night..
I hope he doesn't need to train at such time as well.
I was simply talking about the time in between NHK to GPF when he trained alone and didn't seem that tired after FS at GPF, which explains building up stamina is a long term thing that requires several monthes even years of excise and couldn't posibly be done in two weeks. Of course he trained by himself from NHK to JN as well.
Cricket is a better training site indeed, but I just hope Yuzu won't miss his family and friends so much after he gets more use to living abroad.

Last edited:

Muscle Memory

Rinkside
I hope he doesn't need to train at such time as well.
I was simply talking about the time in between NHK to GPF when he trained alone and didn't seem that tired after FS at GPF, which explains building up stamina is a long term thing and couldn't be done in two weeks, and of course he trained by himself from NHK to JN as well.
Cricket is a better training site indeed, but I just hope Yuzu won't miss his family and friends so much after he gets more use to living abroad.

I agree. I read several interviews of Yuzu. He said he was motivated to move to Cricket because he wanted to have trainining with Javie who has great skill in quads. Yuzu improves his jumps by visualizing the whole sequnces of the move and internalizing them in his body. He also said training together with Javie had been quite stimulating and encouraging. Tracy Wilson found them getting along and helping each other. In this sense, I think working with Javie would work positively for Yuzu. After all, he is quite smart kid to know what would work for him! I actually see much improvement in his performance which is evidenced by his achievements in this season. I just hope he would make his best performances in both SP and FS in Osaka. Can't wait to see them!

Elsa G

Rinkside
If you consider that Abe choreographed Zigeunerweisen one season and then co-choreographed R&J the next, I think a second attempt for Wilson is well within reason.
I'm not the biggest fan of his 'Hello I Love You' EX this season, but the teen stripper references are :unsure:- his Vertigo program was in the same vein as this one, and he was even younger than he is now. Also, he's 18, not 8 you guys. Plushenko did 'Sex Bomb' at about this age, for goodness' sake.
I agree with you.Abe choregraphed Zigeunerweisen in 2010,but one year late she came up with R&J.Not all of her work are masterpiece,same as David Wilson.
I hate his "Hello I Love You"and "Vertigo"at first sight.The music and outfit made me :slink:.But I remember in his 2010 DOI show that he said with a smile that he want to show his sexiness in this Vertigo program.
I like what???:eek:I blamed Nanami every time when I saw this programe.Two years later,we have the hello show by kurt.Now I can understand different people have different view about yuzu's image.
I adore him like my own son but some of my friends think he is a sexy machine.

Elsa G

Rinkside
Mr “Hanyu who??” Wilson turned the wild and passionate teen Romeo into the old hunchbacked Quasimodo in a “little boring” FS ..... the kid collapsed at FT, SA and at JN was visibly unhealthy...no matter about medals at all!
Mr.Wilson never heard of Cynthia Phaneuf before she made him her choregrapher.She is not a big name in figure skating world,but she is a canadian!
Mr.Orser never heard of Kim Yuna when reginning world junior champion approached him to ask him to be her coach.
In my own country a TV commentor and a former ISU judge who was on TV as a guset host didn't recognize him in 2012 WC and totally forgot they already saw him in 2009 JGPF.
Eurosport's simon forgot who is this guy in 2011 COC but I remember in 2009 JW he siad this boy is the future.
Actually,I think yuzu's not such a big name in firgure skating world before this season.His best achievement is world bronze medal.In canada,they have world champion and olympic medalist like orser,kurt,elvis,buttle and patrick.

sampaguita

Rinkside
I really dislike Notre Dame de Paris for music choice. IMO it didn't work for Weir, and it doesn't work for Hanyu. I hope that Hanyu is going to get a good FS for next year. Maybe Wilson is not the choreographer for him. I might be the minority here, but I think Buttle did a good job with Hanyu's SP. It still allows for his youth to shine while at the same time introducing him to a different genre of music to interpret and IMO Hanyu genuinely looks like he enjoys performing it.

Same here! I LOVE his SP -- it's one of those "mature" programs that Hanyu can handle. Although he quickly reverts to his young self after the SP (just look at Kiss and Cry), his performance is convincing. And oh, did I mention that 3A coming from a counter? :eek:

I hope he gets better programs next year. He seems to have "practice" programs this year, more to train on his skating skills and quad jumps than his expression. I'm excited to see him in Sochi. :)

yude

Record Breaker
With regard to his current FS, obviously its not as exciting as R&J and most of us here hope he gets a stronger program next season, but I think anyone who plans on using R&J as the standard for every single FS he does from now on is going to end up a very disappointed fan. For me, Notre Dame de Paris is tons better than Zigeunerweisen and tons better than a lot of other senior men programs. While I wouldn't mind if Jeffrey choreographed both programs next season or if Yuzuru switched to Miyamoto for the FS, I think it's a little early to brush David Wilson off completely. If you consider that Abe choreographed Zigeunerweisen one season and then co-choreographed R&J the next, I think a second attempt for Wilson is well within reason. Having your choreographer based at the same rink and therefore able to constantly monitor and tweak the development of your programs is hugely beneficial, so it'd be great if they could make it work.

This is an interesting point and I agree!

By the way, I am watching JSC on TV now, and this is so much fun!!
Yuzuru had a bad skate, but PLEASE LOOK AT HIS SMILES:love:!! (come on YT!!)

sampaguita

Rinkside
This is an interesting point and I agree!

By the way, I am watching JSC on TV now, and this is so much fun!!
Yuzuru had a bad skate, but PLEASE LOOK AT HIS SMILES:love:!! (come on YT!!)

umm, sorry for my ignorance but...what do these acronyms mean? The only show acronyms that I know are SOI (Stars on Ice) and FOI (Fiesta on Ice). What's PIW, JSC, etc? Thanks!

Elsa G

Rinkside
umm, sorry for my ignorance but...what do these acronyms mean? The only show acronyms that I know are SOI (Stars on Ice) and FOI (Fiesta on Ice). What's PIW, JSC, etc? Thanks!
JSC means Japan Super Challenge
PIW means Prince Ice World

sampaguita

Rinkside
Thanks Elsa!

By the way, I have already uploaded English subs for another feature on Yuzuru:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgyII531qH8

It documents what happened until Finlandia, and focuses on his training in skating skills. Not as good as the 45-minute documentary, but since it interviews Yuzuru at length, it provides other insights on his training.

Last edited:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Thank you sampaguita. A great addition to the 45 min. documentary, Yuzuru seemed more positive about his training in Canada in this one.

TeddyBear

Spectator
What about just enjoying Yuzu's skating and cheering for him instead arguing and making personal remarks like little kids? o_O Seriously.

giulia95

Medalist
I am speechless :disapp:

thanks Sampaguita for the video subtitles and Let's talk for JSC :):bow:

may we talk about Yuzu ? there's a lot to comment about these two clips...

TeddyBear

Spectator
FINALLY! The sound of wisdom! What do you think about his skate at JSC (see the link in my post above)?

Not sure if taunting or not. o_O Btw, I guess he was in a bad condition. I cannot say more, I'm a new fan and know nearly nothing about skating. :'D I'm just enjoying the beauty of skating nowadays.

zydeco88

On the Ice
Wrt JSC, putting aside his failure on all the jumping passes, I thought the rest was brilliant. He must've felt pretty exhausted from doing multiple shows back-to-back. That, or it's just one of those days when he has a bad skate. Poor Yuzu, he even seemed rather dejected that he decided to sit in the back row. But, oh, boy, how I love his expression and movements on the ice. They were spot-on, sexy, confident and free-flowing. His youthful energy was just shining throughout. Some of the best movements I've seen of his SP & FS combined this season. It's really unfortunate that he couldn't do the same in the jumping department, but I'm thankful that this happened in an ice show, not in a real competition. :) And gotta love the infectious smile he gave after he got up from that fall on the 3A. :love: 4CC is less than a week away, keep fit and stay healthy, Yuzu! Really looking forward to it!

Konstancia

Rinkside
Wrt JSC, putting aside his failure on all the jumping passes, I thought the rest was brilliant. He must've felt pretty exhausted from doing multiple shows back-to-back. That, or it's just one of those days when he has a bad skate. Poor Yuzu, he even seemed rather dejected that he decided to sit in the back row. But, oh, boy, how I love his expression and movements on the ice. They were spot-on, sexy, confident and free-flowing. His youthful energy was just shining throughout. Some of the best movements I've seen of his SP & FS combined this season. It's really unfortunate that he couldn't do the same in the jumping department, but I'm thankful that this happened in an ice show, not in a real competition. :) And gotta love the infectious smile he gave after he got up from that fall on the 3A. :love: 4CC is less than a week away, keep fit and stay healthy, Yuzu! Really looking forward to it!

I agree! It will be even better! Yuzuru Go!

Elsa G

Rinkside
Is there anyway to send a fan message to Yuzuru over the internet?
I know two sports jouranlist may help you.One of them live in Japan,if you have words to say to yuzu you can tell her.Another one who is a friend of Aoshima.
I don't have yuzu's email:).When I actually have another my fav skater' email I went totally speechless.

Last edited:

Elsa G

Rinkside
Looking at the bright side,we have many new member join us in yuzu's thread in two days.
Welcome you all!
:clap:
Maybe we can make a 100 pages thread before 4CC.:yay: