Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Poice

Final Flight
Great score and I really like this new version of R&J :) His TES will rise even higher with consistent 4T, 4S (i hope so) and new combination 3Lz-1Lo-3S. I'm a little bit nervous about 3A but it's just beginning of new season. I don't like his costume though. To many flounces and too shiny - not my cup of tea...

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Yuzu is attempting 2 quads and 8 triples - excpet for Javi and Kevin, is any other men doing a more difficult layout? I think not.
Given that he has both 3A's in the second half and is a much better spinner than the two men mentioned above, I think he has the highest TES potential out of all the men competing. That might crack the 100...

Edit: His BV here was 85.94, so adding into that that he goes for 3A3T and his last spin was level 2, his complete planed BV is 91.13. Erm, so yeah. He might not even have to be 100% clean to crack 100 in TES.

giulia95

Medalist
http://www.stll.fi/finlandia_trophy/?x2830320=3905831

Yuzuru Hanyu wins Finlandia Trophy Espoo

As expected, Yuzuru Hanyu from Japan won the men’s competition at Finlandia Trophy. He earned record scores of 265,59, jumping both quadruple salchow and quadruple toe-loop in his free program.

- I was really nervous before the competition and I could not enjoy my performance. My quadruple salchow was shaky at the practice, so in the beginning of my program I felt relieved at nailing it. I do not see myself as a superstar yet but I want to become one. For that I need to practice even harder.

Adeliza

Rinkside
Time to start visiting this forum once again, been away too long... Yuzu was great in Finlandia Trophy! Last year I was actually in Espoo and saw his performances live, this year it was not possible for me to go there so I just watched the TV broadcasts, and it was wonderful to see Yuzu win again. ^^

I think it was a very good move to keep his SP from last season since it's so spectacular, and the new FS looked great as well, and I was very impressed by how well he skated even though it's the beginning of the season (he made his personal best FS score in Finlandia, right?). When I watched his FS, I got the feeling that this could be the Olympic-winning programme in Sochi. ;) Some details that caught my eye, in the positive sense: Yuzu's dress is beautiful, and the ina bauer to the music was whoaaaah. :love: It will be such a joy to see how both programmes will develop through the season, which by the way will be fantastic because Sochi and everything.

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
Stunning performance from Yuzu!! Even more amazing since it's only early October. Keeping last season's SP was the right choice and now the LP will only get better and better. Stay healthy Yuzu and the OGM may be yours! :clap:

Paola D

Rinkside
Thank you, Yunamao!

"David Wilson, the famous choreographer and former figure skater, praises Hanyu, saying the young skater is able to leave everything on the ice.

“There are few skaters in the world who can do that,” Wilson said."
So true! :clap:

" “I’d like to express my individuality more and more,” he said.

Though he pays a huge physical toll performing such demanding elements ( Ina Bauer and Bielmann spin ) he is exacting about them, saying, “I’ll do them until my back breaks.” "

:eek:
I know it's very Yuzuru, but your back should not be broken!

Kalina

On the Ice
Though he pays a huge physical toll performing such demanding elements ( Ina Bauer and Bielmann spin ) he is exacting about them, saying, “I’ll do them until my back breaks.” "

:eek:
I know it's very Yuzuru, but your back should not be broken!

This is a VERY old quote, must be at least from two years ago if not more... we have no way of knowing if he has changed his mind or not on the issue, growing up. All of this article, I have to say, is not really up-to-date :)

phaeljones

On the Ice
This is a VERY old quote, must be at least from two years ago if not more... we have no way of knowing if he has changed his mind or not on the issue, growing up. All of this article, I have to say, is not really up-to-date :)

It is interesting that his ina bauer and biellmann look so strong this year (not that they were not always wonderful). In the back of my mind, I have been wondering how much longer he would be able to keep them. It may be my imagination, or such a fantastic defeat my sad expectation that they would not be there in his program some day, but, being somewhat familiar with the history of his skating (this thread is great for catching some of his earlier skates through links), both of those "bends" looked better at Finlandia this year than they ever have to me. My first thought when I saw the video of the practice, and confirmed when I saw the feed of the fs, was that he had, at least for this season (or perhaps for Finlandia), reversed the aging process. Maybe he is hiding the pain through sheer willpower and spirit, but it really seemed that he was in control of what he was doing and working within the bounds of what his body could take (he made it look like he could well handle them, but he does that I get the impression even when he is pushing himself beyond what he should . . . only he knows). No one can certainly fault him if he drops them from his routine, and he is still so amazing without them, but the way that he is doing that ina bauer this year is to die for.

giulia95

Medalist
It is interesting that his ina bauer and biellmann look so strong this year (not that they were not always wonderful). In the back of my mind, I have been wondering how much longer he would be able to keep them. It may be my imagination, or such a fantastic defeat my sad expectation that they would not be there in his program some day, but, being somewhat familiar with the history of his skating (this thread is great for catching some of his earlier skates through links), both of those "bends" looked better at Finlandia this year than they ever have to me. My first thought when I saw the video of the practice, and confirmed when I saw the feed of the fs, was that he had, at least for this season (or perhaps for Finlandia), reversed the aging process. Maybe he is hiding the pain through sheer willpower and spirit, but it really seemed that he was in control of what he was doing and working within the bounds of what his body could take (he made it look like he could well handle them, but he does that I get the impression even when he is pushing himself beyond what he should . . . only he knows). No one can certainly fault him if he drops them from his routine, and he is still so amazing without them, but the way that he is doing that ina bauer this year is to die for.

:agree:

I agree with you that at FT Yuzu was so much in control and looked stronger in general , even if his body is still very thin. I’m happy it wasn’t my impression only!:)

About spins I think they have improved a lot from the very beginning of the season, True Love spin at 1:35 is to die for and one of the best I’ve ever seen! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku5qVnDSr-c