Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season | Page 55 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

zydeco88

On the Ice
Sashida Fumiya talking about Yuzu @05:10 (the uploader doesn't want the YT link to be redistributed anywhere else, RT excepted, so I'll just leave the link to the original tweet here.)
https://twitter.com/ciel_sorayuzu/status/322392126191177728
ETA: Yuzu's part only.

Summary:
He said that they collaborated for the first time in Fukui (FaOI 2012). They got along very well ever since then and became friends to the extent that they regularly contact each other.
He didn't expect Yuzu to perform 'Hana Ni Nare' at NHK Trophy Gala as he originally attended the event to root for Yuzu. Naturally, he was surprised upon hearing the intro to the song being played. Yuzu's performance touched him and consequently, he wept by himself in the spectator's seat. :)

zydeco88

On the Ice
There's been rumours floating around that Yuzu has been included in the cast of Fantasy On Ice 2013 in Fukuoka. I can't provide the link as only members are granted access.

wxunxx

Rinkside
Based on what I saw, it could be said Yuzu WILL join FaOI Fukuoka 2013, now just a matter of when it will be announced officially.

So far, only DOI and The ICE are still on suspicious list in terms of Yuzu's Ice Show 2013 schedule, personally I prefer The ICE OSAKA 2013, 27th and 28th July in case of still more ice shows coming on the way.

BTW up to the present no information released of DOI 2013, when and where. the announcement should be out no later than the end of April or beginning of May if there's still gonna be DOI this year. So we'll see what's going on then.

HelTra91

Rinkside
Agreed :party: I just realized,after Sochi Team Japan is going to be minus Daisuke, Akiko, Miki, Mao, Nobu and most likely Kana..... The next WTT is going to be a disaster D: (But it's a pointless event so who really cares). The men should be fine with at least Yuzu and Taka (please tell me he is not retiring too) but as far as the women, are they going to rely on the juniors? D: Sochi is going to be so bitter sweet T_T

Kalina

On the Ice
No way he's retiring. He has big ambitions :) and besides, he always says that he'd like to go on until 2018. There are some people that think that he might retire of he wins gold in Sochi, but these are just rumors from fans, so don't think too much of them.

Thank you for all the translations that have been posted here in the past few days :)

wxunxx

Rinkside
Thanks again for the informations. Me too I'd prefer to see Yuzuru skating at the ice rather than DOI. Mao's show is so much fun :rock:

So true. The men's group program Club Even Can't Handle Me Right Now is JUST AMAZING!!!And also Javi and Yuzu had crazy moment at grand final. Do hope we will see it again this year. Meanwhile I'm interested to see which agency Yuzu will choose, he probably will go for IMG as if he WILL join THE ICE 2013. The fist sign has been made, Yuzu is main cast of AOI 2013. The ICE could be considered as second perfect sign though.

The men should be fine with at least Yuzu and Taka (please tell me he is not retiring too). Sochi is going to be so bitter sweet T_T

I would say the most bitter sweet moment I could think of is FS Worlds 2014, which will be held in Saitama, Japan, right after Sochi Olympic. We all have to say goodbye to those beloved skaters. So sad.

There's no information released of Taka will retire after Sochi, but I have to say I did see something mentioned a little that Taka may retire after Sochi, same with Dai and Akiko, but it's just some rumors, I don't think it will come true anyway.

wxunxx

Rinkside
What?? I've never heard that before…:confused: And I think he keeps saying that his main target is 2018.

Yunamao
Though I'm a little shocked to hear about Kanako wanting to retire. And I also keep reading that Yuzu also might retiring after Sochi. I hope it won't be the case.

Kalina
No way he's retiring. He has big ambitions and besides, he always says that he'd like to go on until 2018.

Hey guys, don'r worry too much about it.

The information of Yuzu may retire after Sochi is mainly from a special interview edition named '10 YEARS FROM NOW' in Japanese male skaters Fanbook CuttingEdge 2013, Yuzu also said in the interview he will succeed of landing 4A lol, so basically I think he just made fun of it, not some serious interview coz Yuzu said many times in different interviews he focus on Olympic 2018. Remember once Yuzu said he wants to accomplish his career like Plushenko? Not just win once but keep winning all the time, so hardly he will retire after Sochi.

HelTra91

Rinkside
Thinking about Post-Olympics make me depressed. I've never experienced my favourite's retirement yet since I follow skating. And this is the kind of things that make you go down to earth because skaters are human too and they aren't eternal.

Though I'm a little shocked to hear about Kanako wanting to retire. And I also keep reading that Yuzu also might retiring after Sochi. I hope it won't be the case. They are so young and it seems to me as if they just started to compete in the senior field. But I'm a little ashamed for wanting them to do as I want. Because they have the right to live a normal life too. So I should respect their decision. Gosh it's hard to admit it.:cry:

Who knows what's going to happen. Final decisions will be made after games are over after all.

Btw I look forward to see those litle japanese novice skaters competing in junior. I just saw them in the WTT gala. They look amazing.:eek:

I have been following the Honda kids for a bit now and holy crap, for 14, 10, 8 and 5 they are amazing skaters! Really looking forward to see Marin and Miyu grow ^^ (Miyu is so adorable, as expected from a kid actress :p ). I thought Yuzu said his focus was on medaling at the Olys after Sochi? Maybe I read that wrong. Either way, with Team Japan gone I don't even think I will be following the sport that much (other than to keep an eye out for the Japanese Juniors, Zijun and Elena every now and then T_T )

Let's make the most of this coming season!

zydeco88

On the Ice
I thought Yuzu said his focus was on medaling at the Olys after Sochi?
To be more exact, he's been saying that he'll keep competing post-Sochi, with the possibility of retirement after 2018 Olympics. He says that he views Sochi Olympics as the beginning, not the end. Another ambition of his is to become a professional skater (which I've read somewhere before, I don't remember).
But imo, he definitely has the desire to medal at Sochi.

wxunxx

Rinkside
A great deal of information related with Yuzu's future career was released in the past, specially since 2012. I'll just post several pieces here.

In IFS April 2013, Yuzu said Sochi is surly not his destination. He would like to keep challenge after Sochi and probably will retire after 2018.

Also there was a special interview released in a Japanese magazine 'Figure Skating 2012-2013 Season Guide' published in Oct 2012, Yuzu and Orser look forward to Sochi but also keep their eyes on Pyeongchang Olympics.

An article 'The reason of Yuzuru being a genius' by Akiko Tamura published in Feb 2013, it's stated Yuzu's training plan already included Pyeongchang Olympics 2018 even he's still so young as he will be 19 when Sochi arrives. Meanwhile Orser also highlighted that eyes on Pyeongchang Olympics doesn't mean like they don't care about the result in Sochi, literally is to relax Yuzu a little bit and develop his abundant mind by making him realized that there will be another Olympics on its way after his trip in Sochi.

Then probably You may think Yuzu's idea of planning for Pyeongchang 2018 was influenced by Orser, actually it's not.

Mai Asada interviewed Yuzu as time back into 2011, Yuzu said he hopes he could be qualified to go to Sochi but the next Olympics after Sochi (Pyeongchang 2018) is where he aims for a good result.

I checked the link again, and glad to see YOMIURI didn't delete it, https://yorimo.yomiuri.co.jp/servle...89103910&dName=Yrm0301Def&pagename=YrmWrapper

Ps. No probelm, Yunamao! ;)Just try not to think too much about it! I'm sure you will feel depressed if you keep thinking of Yuzu may retire soon, particularly under current circumstances of so many Japanese skaters announced they will retire after Sochi.

Personally the only one thing could stop Yuzu to continues his career after Sochi is some serious injuries or health problem. Each skater has its own fate and no one could tell what will happen in the future then. So I guess we may better stay positive and wish Yuzu's career live long and prosper.

wxunxx

Rinkside
I have been following the Honda kids for a bit now and holy crap, for 14, 10, 8 and 5 they are amazing skaters! Really looking forward to see Marin and Miyu grow ^^ (Miyu is so adorable, as expected from a kid actress :p ).

Marin is such a promising future of Japan, a pure natural talent, fearless jumper with great speed on ice and specially no edge calls, lovely body movement and outstanding sense of music. She has everything.

Yunamao
Oh! I missed him so much this season! I wish he'll keep his SP it's a beauty ♥ But I also like Mura. I didn't know him until this year. And Odady and Tatsuki and Dai. Well there's only 3 places... Team Japan why are you all so good?

Kozu was injured at the end of 2012 but he made his perfect comeback at Gardena Spring Trophy 2013. Good for him! Mura also struggled a lot previously but he was kinda reborn in 2012. After all, at least we still have Yuzu, Kozu, Mura, Tatsuki after Dai and Nobu retires. So I think Japanese gentlemen still keep forward then.
But it's true that only 3 spots are not enough , specially I wish Nobu could have a chance to compete in FS Worlds 2014 even I know it's so hard as we've got Dai, Yuzu, Kozu, Mura. Without any hesitation Japan Nationals 2013 will be bloody hell again.

zydeco88

On the Ice
In IFS April 2013, Yuzu said Sochi is surly not his destination.
Or rather, not the final destination (in his competitive career). :) It'd be great if he could make a great splash at his first stop at the Olympics, though.
An article 'The reason of Yuzuru being a genius' by Akiko Tamura published in Feb 2013
Is that a number bunshun article?
Thanks for the extra info.

Poice

Final Flight
Off-season is a total bore. So, I'm posting these videos to fill up the void. :p Probably, a lot of us have seen these, but I think they haven't been posted here before, so... :) Million thanks to the original uploader.
Hello, I Love You Gala Practice SA 2012 (amazing youthful vim and vigour. :love: May that spark never fizzle out, Yuzuru. Lol @2:25, falling on his butt while hydroblading)
SA Gala Practice Yuzuru & Jeremy fooling around :laugh:

Oh, my goodness! First time seeing it! Thank you for post it :)) Yuzuru looks so skinny here o_O I know that he's really thin and all but ...uhh I think someone should give him some meat to eat :D:D He looked much better during the season, though.

HelTra91

Rinkside
Yunamao; said:
Let's hope she doesn't bloom to early. I already love her, she's so cute♥ It's so exciting to discover young talents I'm looking forward to see her in the future.

Thanks to all Yuzupedias who brings all those great informations for those who can't manage to read Japanese!;)

Yuzupedia is the best thing ever :party:

I just noticed, Taichi Honda was in the 2012 WTT gala, Marin Honda in 2013 WTT, and Miyu Honda opened for both 2013 Kokutai and 2013 4CC Galas :party: wooo!