Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 300 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

giulia95

Medalist
True, I understand how many would find my comment to be harsh but honestly I just want him to succeed. And I wish he had more time to work on this program before showing it to the audience. I can feel how he is telling a different side of the story from Mao's. Yes, it's a different cut of the music. But he is giving a clear male picture to it and it already has a very strong image. I hope he will develop it to the stage that he and Mao could be easily seen skating to this music side by side- same level of artistry and expressiveness. That would be amazing to watch. And no, I don't want him and Mao start to skate as a dance pair. It's just the image from imagination. Maybe someone would make a combo video of their two programs at Youtube in the future.;)

:agree:

Meoima

Match Penalty
isn't that the first time we see him land that 4Loop? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVGUyhxFCc8
I vote for the 4Lo to replace that 4S! :popcorn:

Thank you so much. Now that I see the PW at Sochi has more details than the 1st version. And he didn't complete that combination 3lzt 3T at first. So no worries here. His 1st senior A competition will be in November so he definitely has more time to refine his new SP. This is definitely a challenge for him in term of artistry.

annca

On the Ice
Hum the 4T of Yuzu is not stable enough that I believed.

come on, be easy on him... about the 4T.. yeah.. atleast he ( more so than not) lands them at competitions to make it seem stable  lol.
well atleast he only fell once on this broadcast so thats an accomplishment for him.. (knowing his past with broadcasted performances) haha :)

Sorrento

Record Breaker
If you watch the show finale- he's super tired at the end of it. He really needs time to rest and relax a bit.

skatefan22

Medalist
Is it Yulia at 0:52 with the costume like the queen of the night ? Sweet !

It doesn't look like her. But I guess that she is also Russian. :think:
If it were Julia, I think the Japanese media would have given her more shots and attention.:biggrin:

arcticwolf

Rinkside

thank you! Did Buttle choreograph this? I'm excited for the polished version of the step seq cause I think it'd be really amazing :-D I still have to get used to a 4 T at the 2nd half though. It bothers me that 3 z comes right after it. Overall, it needs more transitions, fluidity and expressiveness. I think there are still remnants of the PW especially in the step seq.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
thank you! Did Buttle choreograph this? I'm excited for the polished version of the step seq cause I think it'd be really amazing :-D I still have to get used to a 4 T at the 2nd half though. It bothers me that 3 z comes right after it. Overall, it needs more transitions, fluidity and expressiveness. I think there are still remnants of the PW especially in the step seq.
Yes, that's Buttle choreo. I've read a short translation of the interview Yuzu did backstage and he said that the step sequence is very hard to perform and the new SP is tough overall, he has to work on his stamina. He used DOI as a chance to see how his new SP works and had already assesed it and found many gaps to work on. He's a such a perfectionist.