Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season | Page 138 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

liv

Record Breaker
I love the program, but I think he was really thinking through it... obviously. He had to work tonight, just wasn't on, but the potential for this is way high. Once he gets more comfortable with it and confident performing it, the restraint he showed will be gone and it'll be much looser. It will score outrageously high when perfect.

Now, I don't mind the costume....once I got over my shock I realized we always get used to everything he wears eventually, lol, but I wish the pants were dark. It was really hard seeing him, he practically disappeared. It really does make a difference on tv and probably live too.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
White is just too hard to see for me. For my completely untrained, amateur eyes, it was harder to see how clean the jumps are and how pretty his lines are compare to his usual black bottom.

So, remind me of SP rules again, one of his element doesn't count I assume? since his score is 88 something?

AFAIK, the combo did count even if he popped it, otherwise it would have been lower. The SP combo has to be of two different jumps and it can't be the same as the solo jump so it's okay :) of course, he didn't get a lot of points from a 1S+3T and a fall...

But it was a very good start of the season, landing that 4Lo! When I saw his white costume my first thought was 'making gifs of that will be a nightmare' :biggrin:

Last edited:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
I like the outfit but... white on white... especially with the pants there's not enough contrast.

Needs more purple bling bling on his pants maybe? :roll5: And maybe some ruffles up top?

HanDomi

Record Breaker
now he needs to hold his head after landing quad loop and it will be fine, too much thinking after he landed it, guess he wanted to go clean

firal

Record Breaker
AFAIK, the combo did count even if he popped it, otherwise it would have been lower. The SP combo has to be of two different jumps and it can't be the same as the solo jump so it's okay :) of course, he didn't get a lot of points from a 1S+3T and a fall...

Thanks for the quick reply! :)

padme21

On the Ice
It's the white boot covers that don't work for me. The pants are fine maybe a bit purple wouldn't hurt. I want Prince ruffles in the front.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
But it was a very good start of the season, landing that 4Lo! When I saw his white costume my first thought was 'making gifs of that will be a nightmare' :biggrin:

Lol the "making gifs of white on white = nightmare" seems to be going around twitter as well. :laugh:

Sydney Rose

Final Flight
I like the white boot covers because they extend his line.

That said, my preference would have been to stick with the usual black pants and go crazy on top.

But I think it's great that he's pushing himself out of his comfort zone. I loved the way he played with the audience.

aynia

On the Ice
Needs more purple bling bling on his pants maybe? :roll5: And maybe some ruffles up top?

I wouldn't be surprised if they changed it. I'd prefer dark pants but that might ruin the style...

Last edited:

Athena13

Rinkside
I keep rewatching the program because I love it so much.

definetly one of my faves from Yuzuru I hope he makes it clean one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.