Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season | Page 111 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Great, thanks Hamaguri. I too have not seen any video uploaded online yet.

I love his hair styles both at Asaichi and Kenji Room.....as long as it is not like this :hopelessness:.

:hopelessness::rofl:
--------------

Today, the video may not be uploaded, but I did halfway through. Some of you were interested in it. The remains are about Gold medal and the contents are deep. The first half is light. Enjoy!

Kenji's Room Episode 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9tnXBktODo&feature=youtu.be (33ninutes)
ETA: I replaced the video(Sep.4)

Vol.1 10:50~26:26 (the first half)
(k)Kenji-sensei
(y)Yuzu
(k)(y) Their words are sometimes surprised or abbreviated.

(K)How’s everything going?
(Y)There are many jobs, ice shows. Skate and my jobs take me a lot of time. And study for university.
(K)How about your free time?
(Y)These days, I don’t have much free time. University assignments are busy. Some games..
(K) While you are moving?
(Y)Sometimes…
(K)Are you all right?
(y)I want to say “give me more rest.”
(k)“Give him more rest.”(lol) Let’s go fishing.
(y)I’ve never done fishing. I used to do “fishing” game when I was a child.
(k)Let’s go to “Biwako”(biggest lake in Japan) after you take a rest.

(k)Sorry for that “Kabedon”, I gave you some trouble…
(y) All right.
(k) Did it cause a big sensation?
(y)It was huge. My memory is that in other event they talked about only Kabedon.
(k) Sorry!
(k) We were just playing.
(y) Yes, just playing. But I’d never thought that many reactions would come like that.
(k) Nnn, But it was nice that you could show your smile to your fans.
(y)It was not smile. Rather serious face.
(k) How about doing Kabedon?
(y)There’s no wall here.
(k)“Air” don?
(lol)

(k)Why did you begin skate?
(y)My sister did skate. I only followed her.
(k)I’ve seen your sister.
(y) Provably.
(k)Then, you followed her.. You got into skate soon?
(y) No.. It feels like I just followed my sister.
(k) Now your sister must be glad to hear that.
(y) Oppositely, she would say, “Why do you talk about me (so often)?”
(k) Then, I quit the talk about those personal things!

(k) Sendai has same great skaters.
(y)At Nagano Olympic or so.. I don’t remember well Nagano Olympic, but some people said that this rink had that (Olympic) skater, so I got conscious of my Olympic.
(k)You said that you would take gold medal in an interview when you were an elementary school boy..
(y) I asserted it at that time. The question was something like, “Do you want to go to Olympic?” But I replied, “I shall take gold medal.”
(k)You took it already.
(y)Yes, I did..
(k) You were awesome..
(y) Short program only.
(k) What should I replay? (lol)
(y) Brian didn’t say anything like that.. That is, Brian himself failed flip when he lost gold medal at his Olympic. Only one step out of flip led to defeat to Brian Boitano.
(k)Haaaaa.
(y) I also failed flip as well as salchow. I also did step out, though I put both hands on the ice as well. It felt like "a curse of Brian"?
(k) It would be better if you said it to Brian (lol).

(k) How about Sochi? When you reached Sochi.. How about stress?
(y)Nothing changed. When I get nervous, I become talkative. Good tension gives me a silence. But when I get too nervous I talk a lot.. At that time, however, I didn’t talk a lot. It was normal tension.
(k) Then, your state of mind was good..
(y) Yes, I entered the competition with good tension.
(y) At the team competition, I never thought up that Russia call would occur when my name was announced. It felt like they were calling “hanyu, hanyu” very much. I thought I was expected much. Then I started and made it without mistake! But the claps were so few...

(y) At the individual competition, Plushenko withdrawn. Most of the crowed had gone. A few claps were there. In spite of the situation, when I ended my performance, the calls of applause in Russian were huge. I had the experience at team competition (Russia call?), so I felt all the more touched by the applause. This is what impressed me most about Olympic.
(k)How about first gold medal (of Men)?
(y) Unn. I had imagined more. I would have often imagined the ceremony.. Various things at the ceremony.. For example, “How would I behave when I get gold medal?” I had imagined, “They may question like this. Then, I would reply like that.” since I was an elementary school boy. The reason was I decided that I shall take Olympic gold medal definitely.

(k) The result was?
(y) Nothing came to me at that time. Absolutely nothing. After the victory, I came down the interview zone. not even a single word came up.
(k) Tell me about what you would say.
(y) All my teachers’ names since elementary school days.. All. I would say all the names and that I could come a long way thanks to their support.
(k) Baaaan
(y) I thought I would, but the schedule was tight. The atmosphere was something like “Go to the press conference.” I was busy. Further, Brian was waiting, ready to hug me. That was why I couldn’t say.
(k) Various scenes were there..
(y) Other, I would like leave something like wise words.
(k) Wise words?
(y) I would like to leave my own words since I was a child..
(k) What was it?
(y) Something like words showing gratitude. And, as Tatuki-kun said, something difficult, difficult words…

(y)Anyway, I’d been thinking like that since I was a child. Taking Olympic gold medal, and then…
(y) But (the reality was) lastly I was asked “How is your impression?” I just replied, “I feel regret.” and went.
(k)At that time, so.. But it might be OK..
(y) It was like me. That was so so.

(… talk about Machida’s words like Timshel continues. Kenji-sensei told how Machida was explaining his words sincerely and for a long time. )

(y) He was not a type of person who talked a lot. First, I was surprised (at those words). But that may have been his way to heighten concentration. When I heard about those things from him, I thought like “I see.”.
(k) Of course.

26:26

Last edited:

yuzulia14

Rinkside
Yes. I'm watching my recorded video and making some translation now. But the video online hasn't yet been uploaded!:scratch:

I prefer the hair style at Asaichi..:biggrin:

I also prefer his hairstyle in asaichi. :p

thanks again for the translation hamaguri! \(^o^)/\(^o^)/

ioanna

Record Breaker
thank you hamaguri!! i have a question about Machida's words at sochi? what did he say?
He didn't say anything, Yuzuru said that ever since he was a kid he wanted to express his gratitude eloquently and refined. When people asked him what it felt like winning the Olympics all he could say was "I feel regretful". To quote him directly, "I'm not Tatsuki-kun or anything but I wanted to speak more eloquently". Machida is known for his flowery, metaphoric speeches so Yuzuru is just saying he's not like that but he wished he could speak at least as refined as Machida does.

maryg

Spectator
Yes. I'm watching my recorded video and making some translation now. But the video online hasn't yet been uploaded!:scratch:

I prefer the hair style at Asaichi..:biggrin:

I prefer it like this too! Maybe it was the stylist that fixed his hair for him... Yuzu doesn't seem to be the guy who cares that much about his looks... He just fixes his hair enough not to look like a beetle :rolleye:

PatricksGaze

On the Ice
I prefer it like this too! Maybe it was the stylist that fixed his hair for him... Yuzu doesn't seem to be the guy who cares that much about his looks... He just fixes his hair enough not to look like a beetle :rolleye:

He cares about his looks far more than he seems to :biggrin: That's for sure. He also changes his hairstyle pretty often.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
He didn't say anything, Yuzuru said that ever since he was a kid he wanted to express his gratitude eloquently and refined. When people asked him what it felt like winning the Olympics all he could say was "I feel regretful". To quote him directly, "I'm not Tatsuki-kun or anything but I wanted to speak more eloquently". Machida is known for his flowery, metaphoric speeches so Yuzuru is just saying he's not like that but he wished he could speak at least as refined as Machida does.

ohh i see, thanks ! i thought they were refering to a specific speech, i guess noone can beat Tatsuki when it comes to words ;)

maryg

Spectator
He cares about his looks far more than he seems to :biggrin: That's for sure. He also changes his hairstyle pretty often.

Maybe I think this because I got some patters for men who cares about their appearance. And Yuzu is like the normal guy to me... Probably is that :biggrin:

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty

He should do a wacky anime program in which he dyes his hair Adam Rippon level of blond. :biggrin:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Hamaguri thank you so much for translating for us once again! Kenji apologizing to Yuzu for the kabedon was so funny :biggrin:

Jo de Souza

On the Ice
:hopelessness::rofl:
--------------

Today, the video may not be uploaded, but I did halfway through. Some of you were interested in it. The remains are about Gold medal and the contents are deep. The first half is light. Enjoy!

ETA:Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY268EP6jWw&feature=youtu.be&t=4m 33 minutes

Hamaguri thanks again saving you the illiterate in Japanese again .. I will read its translation and see the new video .. so I feel I am seeing with legenmdas (laughs)...

I also prefer his hairstyle in asaichi.

Last edited:

SuzyQ

Medalist
thank you hamaguri!! i have a question about Machida's words at sochi? what did he say?
btw video is uploaded already but i dont know for how long, starts around 10 mins

Machida's famous words shown on the screen leftside.

ティムシェル - Timshel (Thou mayest - You may) - from the novel "East of Eden"

「ティムシェル。日本語だと『汝、治むることを能う』という難しい言葉になっているんですが、“自分の運命は自分で切り開く”という意味だと解釈しました」

"Timshel. In Japanese, it turns into very difficult wording - Nanji, osamuru koto wo atau (difficult to translate, You may if you control, or Do thou rule over him ?), I have understood as "I shall take control of my own destiny". - by Tatsuki Machida

http://timshel.org/timshel.php

河口における汽水域 - Kako ni okeru kisuiiki - Brackish-water region at the estuary.

「つぼに・・・・・・河口における汽水域の様・・」

"Hit it right (or come in pat) .... it was like .......the brackish-water region at the estuary.."

:confused: :confused:

Professor Machida's other famous words :cool:

http://nikkan-spa.jp/585481

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
SuzyQ, great:cheer2:.. I’d never heard of “汽水域” until I watched it.:drama:.

----
The latter half, about Olympics!

Kenji's Room Episode 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9tnXBktODo&feature=youtu.be (33ninutes)
ETA: I replaced the video(Sep.4)

around 26:00-
Vo.2
(k)How about your feelings after taking Gold.
(y)I would have predicted that things would change more. For example, my feelings about skate, the tension at competitions. And I could get ready for competitions more relaxed with more confidence. Things like those… But what actually changed was people around me. People around me and my schedule..
(k)We are coming into dark zone (lol)..
(y) My feelings towards competitions or so didn’t absolutely changed.

(k) Things were going well.
(y)Further, what I always think is as follows. The FP at Sochi was not good and regrettable. But it was good for me that something to get over remained, taking into consideration that I would continue my competition life. Rather than burning out after perfect FP.

(k)You are the type of person who keeps challenges..
(y) Yes, but sometimes I can’t forget something in the past.. For example, I continued PW for two years. I did the performance without any mistake at the first competition. So did I at the next time. Then, after three times or so of the perfect performances in a row, some period when I couldn’t do jumps well came to me. In that situation, I had the tendency to try to decrease the tension saying to myself, “All right, since I made it in the previous competition.” When some good images at the previous competitions remained, the result would become a bit of mess.
But the Olympic (failure) taught me that I have to concentrate on the competition before me (without being drawn by images of previous success).

(y) I know much expectation was there after Olympic champion next season. I thought how I should continue skate in the expectation. At the first competition, the accident happened at FP . At SP, it felt like some pressure beat me. The latter half quad turned into triple. In some way, I was obsessed with something I achieved in the past, like the titles of Olympic gold medal, GPS, WC. At the same time, I felt guilty for the situation itself where I was obsessed with (experiences of success). Of course, I had the desire to win at each competition. But the more victories I had, the more I got conscious of my position where I was targeted. Those things felt difficult to me last year.

(y) Those were what only I experienced. Tremendous amount of pressure was there in taking gold medal at the big stage once every four years... Not just the competition itself, but the Olympic itself was the honored title staying forever.. My biggest program is how I’m facing up to that (gold medal title).

(k) Keep it up. And contact me when something happens. We have the talk about earphones (using gesture).
True, concentration is good, but at the same time it tends to narrow your views. Relax!
(y) You have the image I devote myself only to skate, but I’m not such a type of person.
(k) We talk about not so much skate as music and earphones (lol).
(k) When you get into something..
(y) When I get into one thing, I can’t take up other things. Like when I got into Kendama.
(k) Kendama!
(y) Last year, I kept playing kendama..
(k) Everyone did so following you.. The dressing rooms of the shows were silent for everyone was playing kendama.
(y)katikatikatikati..(*kendama’s sound)
(k) Sometimes I borrowed kendama and tried it, but I couldn’t. Their eyes were like saying, “Return my Kendama soon! (since I want to play it.)”
(y) But it seemed to me that just three times’ tries or so were enough for you. (lol)

The end

At next program, the most impressive competition for yuzu will be disclosed.

Last edited:

odaimyo

Rinkside
Thank you very much hamaguri. I'm actually taking Japanese class right now, but there's still a lot of things I couldn't understand watching this kind of talk show xDD

About hairstyle, I love his Kenji one. He looks younger.

maryg

Spectator
I get more and more amazed every time I see an interview with Yuzu. Here in Brazil, we have this image of athletes as "dumb" people - people who aren't that good in intelectual things and, because of that, go to sport. And Yuzuru is so conscious of his art, of what he has to do, and he has the most respect for it. And he expresses it in such a beautiful way when he speaks about the sport. So much maturity for a 20 year old. This guy just leaves me speechless every time. :clap::points::love:

krika

Spectator
I get more and more amazed every time I see an interview with Yuzu. Here in Brazil, we have this image of athletes as "dumb" people - people who aren't that good in intelectual things and, because of that, go to sport. And Yuzuru is so conscious of his art, of what he has to do, and he has the most respect for it. And he expresses it in such a beautiful way when he speaks about the sport. So much maturity for a 20 year old. This guy just leaves me speechless every time. :clap::points::love:

Hi! As a Brazilian and as someone who has some athletes in the family i take offense on that comment! Way to generalize our people!
What we have in our country is unfortunate people who sometimes don't have access to good education, especially soccer players, and it shows when they talk to the media.
As for the others...well, many athletes are university students so i don't think people see them as "dumb" like you said!

Status
Not open for further replies.