Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 30 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Yuzuru has gone back to Canada for training.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ-j8FXxfQI

Just two days in Japan :eek:
He must be serious about World's then...! :-D And I guess he wasn't joking, when he said he wanted to go practice his Salchow, right after winning his gold medal.

Must have been a hectic two days in Japan, all that media attention. Mind you, he seems pretty "media savvy" - he knows how to "perform" for the press, he speaks well and he's not camera-shy. And he is already attempting to use his celebrity status via the media, for some good causes:

He announced that he will donate his 3 million yen reward from JSF (for bringing home an Olympic gold medal) to the reconstruction of his home region Sendai, which remains devastated by the 2011 earthquake and tsunami... with 10's of thousands of people STILL living in make-shift huts even now, largely "forgotten" by the public and the media. His 3 million yen won't achieve much by itself - but the public support and renewed attention he might generate by his symbolic gesture just might...

He also made a case for more support for skaters, rinks etc when the Olympic team visited the Minister for Culture.

This is why I do not think he will ever lack motivation. He strives to win, to be great... not just for his own personal achievement... but for the power it may bring, to help other people. He is a man on a mission! Amazing for a 19 year-old!

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Wow that's amazing !, good boy. I really want him to give the performance of his live at worlds :)

aschiutza

On the Ice
He announced that he will donate his 3 million yen reward from JSF (for bringing home an Olympic gold medal) to the reconstruction of his home region Sendai, which remains devastated by the 2011 earthquake and tsunami... with 10's of thousands of people STILL living in make-shift huts even now, largely "forgotten" by the public and the media. His 3 million yen won't achieve much by itself - but the public support and renewed attention he might generate by his symbolic gesture just might...

He also made a case for more support for skaters, rinks etc when the Olympic team visited the Minister for Culture.

This is why I do not think he will ever lack motivation. He strives to win, to be great... not just for his own personal achievement... but for the power it may bring, to help other people. He is a man on a mission! Amazing for a 19 year-old!

it must be a reason why Plushenko choosed him as his "heir" ...:laugh: . He looked for someone as hungry to win as he is.

Great for him bringing attention to the situation in his region! great for him in his joy moment to not forget that other had not so much luck in their lifes.

I think i like Yuzuru more and more for his personality!

Pamigena

Record Breaker
is it stupid to say that I'm seriously in awe of this kid? when I was 19... well, when I was 19 I didn't have quite his achievements. I still don't and never will.... but at 19 my priorities were, let's say, slightly less noble. (he's starting to make me feel bad for not being a better person... which I now realize might sound even stupider and I apologize if this comes across as way too fangirly :biggrin: )

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
is it stupid to say that I'm seriously in awe of this kid? when I was 19... well, when I was 19 I didn't have quite his achievements. I still don't and never will.... but at 19 my priorities were, let's say, slightly less noble. (he's starting to make me feel bad for not being a better person... which I now realize might sound even stupider and I apologize if this comes across as way too fangirly :biggrin: )

Hahaha I know how you feel, sometimes I wonder how he can be so mature , but well he makes me want to be a better person like him :D

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
He seems to be both an amazing skater and an amazing person. I really admire him a lot.
He has everything he needs to become the best skater ever. I just hope he'll be healthy.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
He seems to be both an amazing skater and an amazing person. I really admire him a lot.
He has everything he needs to become the best skater ever. I just hope he'll be healthy.

Yes, health is the most important ;) I know he is going to be a legend (well I hope so xD)

qigeshiliu

Spectator
Hello, I am new here, although I've been silently "digging graves" (going through the old threads :bang:) ..

His 2012 Romeo is still one of my favs. After reading that blog detailing how angry he was when he was doing that skate I sort of understand even more why he performed with that wild, uncontrolled style. it is even more infectious that he actually roared in that skate -- not just because he needed to give a pre-choreographed facial expression but because he was truly angry, angry with himself for injuring his ankle just before the big moment. And he swore in the next jump (or spin) after the fall. And he nearly withdrew but decided to continue the competition for his mum, his coach and team doctor etc.. No wonder his wild, impetuous Romeo convinced everyone.

BTW I think that's one of the best costume he ever had - suits him and suits the theme. It's slightly puffed up thanks to the folds and loose fitted sleeves, so that he looks slim but not like a bare bean sprout..

Then,
I've been searching for the men's figure skating ceremony in Sochi 2014 but failed to find one. Does anyone know any place I can see it? Many thx!

Choc0Lee

Spectator
Hi, I've just joined! I have always been a fan of figure skating! Ever since I was a little girl I have watched the Olympics on TV. My favorite was Kurt Browning apparently- I was too young to remember much!

I haven't been following men's figure skating since Patrick Chan's success at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics so this year when I was watching the team competition, I was like "who is this amazingly talented young man"?? (Yuzuru is quite skinny so I wasn't sure how old he was)

I am such a fan now and I really admire his determination and competitive fire. He seems to be driven from within and also from the experiences he's had during the earthquake. I wish him all the best and I can't wait to see what's to come.

I'm glad that he has so much support around the world :) And to all the people who keep bashing the new wave of k-pop/anime fangirls: there's really nothing to do about it haha...it is quite alarming though!

Becki

Medalist
I am so glad there are so many Yuzu fans now! I remember a couple of years ago, I had to search long and hard to find some fans, but now they are everywhere :p

Wishing Yuzu good luck at the World Championships next month ^_^

exholica

Spectator
You guys are all so nice! I'm new too, and I love Yuzuru's skating, work ethic, personality, and lovely smile ^__^ He's such an inspiration ahh