Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Meoima

Match Penalty
I plan on going to COC in November. I hope the platform of obtaining tickets online for Shanghai goes smoothly since I do not understand any Mandarin and I do not know anyone from China. I want visit Osaka again but I think I will travel to there early Spring next year and one more concern is that the ticket prices in NHK will probably be much higher given the supply vs demand in Japan. Who else is going to COC?
I might. Given the fact that I have never been to China before. :slink: I just don't know if I can find the ticket.

Esopian

Final Flight
Aww, it must be nice to go and see a competition live. :cry: Some people (like me) can't really take time off work/school just to see a competition, plus the cost of plane tickets/hotel accommodations would be high.

Hopefully in future seasons Hanyu competes in North America, so the fans who live there can go (or travel without too much trouble).

firal

Record Breaker
I was talking to some fans before the GP assignment announcement, and they think he might choose CoC because it will be the same venue as the Worlds coming up, so you know, he can familiarize himself with the ice/rink, etc.

I had already bought tickets(plus accommodation and airfare) to Skate Canada, so I was hoping he would be there too, but oh well. (Will I see anyone there??):yay:

After seeing the assignment to CoC, I am seriously considering going to Cup of China too...many of the skaters in all four disciplines I'm interested in seeing somehow ended up there, and I'm telling myself that the tickets to CoC will be much cheaper than the Worlds...please tell me I'm not crazy! :laugh:

Crossing my fingers that the internet ticket sell goes well, and that they take into consideration people outside of China would like to go and decide to accept international credit cards/forms of payment.

foruiz

Final Flight
I might. Given the fact that I have never been to China before. :slink: I just don't know if I can find the ticket.

I do not have air tickets and China Visa yet as well. I hope getting tickets for the COC tickets itself will be a breeze for those like us overseas. Are there any Chinese fans here who would know the answer to that?

Great, we could make a group if we want to go to CoC together! :)

Great idea!!! :thumbsup:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Aww, it must be nice to go and see a competition live. :cry: Some people (like me) can't really take time off work/school just to see a competition, plus the cost of plane tickets/hotel accommodations would be high.

Hopefully in future seasons Hanyu competes in North America, so the fans who live there can go (or travel without too much trouble).

He was in N. America in 2012 for Skate America and last year for Skate Canada, so he'll be back. :)

Maybe he just wants some diversity in travel.

Here's his GP's so far

2010-2011: NHK, Rostelecom
2011-2012: Cup of China, Rostelecom
2012-2013: Skate America, NHK
2013-2014: Skate Canada, Trophee Eric Bompard.

It's been three years since he was in China...so I guess it makes sense he would pick that one.

ayarose

On the Ice
I think I have to thank my fast reading skills since catching up on this thread is like going on a marathon where you need to sprint after a couple of meters to catch up. :laugh:

But the idea of a Pooh pile also seems very reasonable to me. The whole scenario probably looks something like "The Princess and the Pea", only its "The Prince and the Pooh". I can totally see this going down every night: Close door. Run-up. Jump. Four revolutions. Woosh. Bellyflop on Pooh pile. Sleep tight.

Pea would be Pooh but in a good way, amidst all the ocean of Pooh's he won't be able to sleep unless his original Pooh is right beside him.

Speaking on a personal and work experience though, I think he doesn't really have that much in his room. It would make his asthma harder to control and mom would have a lot of work trying to keep this dust, molds, bugs free. Maybe he has a storage room or something, although that is not so common I think in Japan, just a cabinet to store futons and such.

jace93

On the Ice
He was in N. America in 2012 for Skate America and last year for Skate Canada, so he'll be back. :)

Maybe he just wants some diversity in travel.

Here's his GP's so far

2010-2011: NHK, Rostelecom
2011-2012: Cup of China, Rostelecom
2012-2013: Skate America, NHK
2013-2014: Skate Canada, Trophee Eric Bompard.

It's been three years since he was in China...so I guess it makes sense he would pick that one.

also cup of china is the only grand prix he hasn't medalled yet, so he may want to "avenge" his 2011 outing there...

Sorrento

Record Breaker
May I ask you about yukata (do they wear yukata in these pictures, am I right?) for men in Japan? Is it always of the dark colours? Like on these pictures guys wear mainly three coloured yukata: black, grey and white. Do they exist in different shades? And how are they usually distributed among skaters on such events- I mean is there any preference in design or pattern used on fabric? I hope it doesn't sound rude to ask?

Interspectator

Record Breaker
May I ask you about yukata (do they wear yukata in these pictures, am I right?) for men in Japan? Is it always of the dark colours? Like on these pictures guys wear mainly three coloured yukata: black, grey and white. Do they exist in different shades? And how are they usually distributed among skaters on such events- I mean is there any preference in design or pattern used on fabric? I hope it doesn't sound rude to ask?

You can have Yukata in any color you like --and any pattern. It's a light-weight traditional garb that you usually see during the summer time festivals and parties etc. You also see them a lot in onsens. I'm not sure when these are given out...maybe it's the costume for the after show banquet? There are certainly trends in Yukatas though.

SuzyQ

Medalist
As a Japanese, I didn't even notice mens yukata is always of dark colors :laugh:

Actually, in the old days, dark color, that is indigo, was mainly used for girls yukata too, because yukata was a casual wear, and other colors were a kind of luxury. It was used as night clothes after repeated washing, then used as baby's diaper, rags, etc. Girls yukatas were not colorful as the ones you see these days either.

Anyway, I see mens yukata in dark colors very masculine and cool.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yukata

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/浴衣

Edit: I like his yukata of the last year more.

http://prcm.jp/album/yuzuhanyu/pic/31872347

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
As a Japanese, I didn't even notice mens yukata is always of dark colors :laugh:

Actually, in the old days, dark color, that is indigo, was mainly used for girls yukata too, because yukata was a casual wear, and other colors were a kind of luxury. It was used as night clothes after repeated washing, then used as baby's diaper, rags, etc. Girls yukatas were not colorful as the ones you see these days either.

Thanks for the info Suzy :popcorn:how many things do we learn in this thread? :laugh:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Thanks for the info Suzy :popcorn:how many things do we learn in this thread? :laugh:
So far:
Type of personalities
Who is grass and who eats eat
About Yukatas
Lot´s of music
Chopin´s ballade stories
Types of food in Japan
Digestive track diseases
When you plant a tree in Japan
The history and prestige of Waseda University
Types of earphones
How many versions of Romeo & Juliet music there are
Choreographers

Thorse out of the top of my mind

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
there's a chance I might try to see Spain in the wintertime :)

I am definitely considering the GPF. I'm familiar with Barcelona, having spent more than one holiday there in the past few years, and would love to visit it in the winter for a change. :)

SuzyQ

Medalist
So far:
Type of personalities
Who is grass and who eats eat
About Yukatas
Lot´s of music
Chopin´s ballade stories
Types of food in Japan
Digestive track diseases
When you plant a tree in Japan
The history and prestige of Waseda University
Types of earphones
How many versions of Romeo & Juliet music there are
Choreographers

Thorse out of the top of my mind

:laugh:

Actually, I learnt myself, through "blood types", "grass-eater, meat-eater", "S type-M type" talks, that Japanese are the people who really like to categorize things or people :rofl:

So, next time Yuzuru is categorized in something, guys, don't worry too much. It's just a Japanese habit ;)

Sorrento

Record Breaker
You can have Yukata in any color you like --and any pattern. It's a light-weight traditional garb that you usually see during the summer time festivals and parties etc. You also see them a lot in onsens. I'm not sure when these are given out...maybe it's the costume for the after show banquet? There are certainly trends in Yukatas though.
Thank you!:) I thought they receive the certain number of Yukatas and have to choose from those to wear. So I was surprised men wore only dark colours and Yuzu seemed to have the most festive kind of Yukata. I loved it so much, I'd wear it myself.:yes:

The yukata clothing for skaters at DOI were sponsored by SOU・SOU, a brand based on Kyoto, Japan. The designer mentioned Yuzu chose the style of yukata himself.

See more at SOU・SOU website

Their new styles of 2014 for lady are quite attractive to me!
http://www.sousou.co.jp/other/2014ss/?
Wow, thank you so much! I went through all the models trying to figure how they'd look on me. But honestly- Yuzu's Yukata is the best on my taste. I wonder why they didn't bring the dark green and dark red design, those look very interesting on their website.

Thank you so much for the details, quite an intersting read! Oh, if there were indigo ones... I'd totally wear an indigo coloured Yukata (with a simple embroidery like the one Javi wore last year). That colour looks kind of regal you know, expensive one. It was very interesting to read that the traditional Yukata is of the basic simple dark colours and are used till the fabric is gone in pieces.
I actually loved both Yukatas Yuzu wore last year and this year, they both seem to look fresh and elegant, suit him a lot. Plus this year Yukata with those flowers- they look like little Sun symbols, quite suitable for him as a reigning King of Figure Skating. Or shall I say- the young FS Emperor?:biggrin:

lbc2138

On the Ice
I am definitely considering the GPF. I'm familiar with Barcelona, having spent more than one holiday there in the past few years, and would love to visit it in the winter for a change. :)

Haha we should do a Yuzuru fan girl meet up as we attempt to coordinate our posters for the GPF....

Do you know what the weather will be like in December? I heard it's not much different from the East coast, which is where I'm planning on traveling from.

won0066

On the Ice
I had already bought tickets(plus accommodation and airfare) to Skate Canada, so I was hoping he would be there too, but oh well. (Will I see anyone there??):yay:

I will be at Skate Canada as well....see you there!!!!