Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season | Page 58 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

wxunxx

Rinkside
OK, it looks like DOI is coming on its way, according to http://www.marinaice.com/new/2013-04-21-172916.html, Dream On Ice 2013 will be held on 29th June, 30th June, New Yokohama Skating Centre, another ice show that Yuzu might participate. The first line of cast should be released in May. Let's keep an eye on it then.

Anyway I hope to see a Maozuka pair program like the one from 2011 :biggrin:

Sorry that I have to tell you some bad news of Kozu.:disapp:

Based on today's Nikkan Sports newspaper, Kozu has been confirmed he's suffering some sort of hip joint problem, caused by congenital defects. A complete recovery requires a surgery and at least six month period time of treatment. Kozu, such a fighter, said in the interview he will still fight for Sochi. He left for USA today, 25th April and will train there next two and half month. So I think there's a possibility he might withdraw from The Ice.

zydeco88

On the Ice
According to this site, FaOI will be held on the 6th and 7th of July which, I think increases the chances of Yuzu's participation in DOI due to the proximity of the event dates of both shows. I was under the impression FaOI would be held somewhere in September, probably they're moving forward the dates so as to not interfere with the athletes' preparation for the Olympics season. I think we should also be keeping an eye out for PIW in Tokyo, held from 12th to 15th of July. If he were to participate in all the shows starting from DOI (late June) until THE ICE (late July), there's a possibility that he'd stay in Japan for one whole month.

ETA:
FaOI cast: Shizuka Arakawa, Yuzuru Hanyu, Miki Ando, Akiko Suzuki, Kanako Murakami, Stephane Lambiel, Brian Joubert, Johnny Weir, Philippe Candeloro, Javier Fernandez.
Pretty much the same as last year's. :)

HelTra91

Rinkside
According to this site, FaOI will be held on the 6th and 7th of July which, I think increases the chances of Yuzu's participation in DOI due to the proximity of the event dates of both shows. I was under the impression FaOI would be held somewhere in September, probably they're moving forward the dates so as to not interfere with the athletes' preparation for the Olympics season. I think we should also be keeping an eye out for PIW in Tokyo, held from 12th to 15th of July. If he were to participate in all the shows starting from DOI (late June) until THE ICE (late July), there's a possibility that he'd stay in Japan for one whole month.

ETA:
FaOI cast: Shizuka Arakawa, Yuzuru Hanyu, Miki Ando, Akiko Suzuki, Kanako Murakami, Stephane Lambiel, Brian Joubert, Johnny Weir, Philippe Candeloro, Javier Fernandez.
Pretty much the same as last year's. :)

Kana Yuzu and Javi! I'm happy with that :D Thanks for the information!

zydeco88

On the Ice
It's confirmed that Yuzu will be appearing in DOI. And guess what, Javi will also be there. =)
DOI official homepage: http://www.onice.jp/top.html
Cast: Yuzuru Hanyu, Takahito Mura, Nobunari Oda, Akiko Suzuki, Kanako Murakami, Javier Fernandez, Miki Ando, etc.

wxunxx

Rinkside
Thx for the infor, zydeco88!

To be honest it's a bit surprised to see official update of DOI 2013 was released such in short time. Do hope this year's ice show schedule could stays for now on behalf of Yuzu's first Olympic season even though I really wanna see Yuzu in The Ice. sigh.

And also the funny thing is where's Yuzu, where's Javi, I guess I have to start to think boys share same manager though IF Yuzu already signed with agency lol.

zydeco88

On the Ice
^ Nam Nguyen will also be joining them in FaOI (based on AI's, a Japanese R&B singer who'll be the featured artist in the show, official blog). :) And rejoice people, both shows will be broadcasted, DOI by FujiTV and FaOI by TV Asahi.
CC will be holding a summer camp from June 24 to Aug 16 which coincides with the event dates of most shows in concern. So, it could be a strategic decision on CC's part to let them do ice shows while they're running the summer camp.

HelTra91

Rinkside
^ Nam Nguyen will also be joining them in FaOI (based on AI's, a Japanese R&B singer who'll be the featured artist in the show, official blog). :) And rejoice people, both shows will be broadcasted, DOI by FujiTV and FaOI by TV Asahi.
CC will be holding a summer camp from June 24 to Aug 16 which coincides with the event dates of most shows in concern. So, it could be a strategic decision on CC's part to let them do ice shows while they're running the summer camp.

YAY what good news! And also what a great experience for Nam!

Poice

Final Flight

yude

Record Breaker

mysticice

Rinkside
Thank You for the info and the Chinese link, zydeco88!! Happy to be able to see something new. This off-season is such a drag.

zydeco88

On the Ice
Just something that piqued my interest:
If you visit THE ICE cast page and view the page source (just press Ctrl + U), you'll find Yuzu's section right under Kozuka's complete with the list of his achievements so far, which begs the question wrt his inclusion in the ice show. It's still hidden and all, so you can't find Yuzu's name anywhere in the cast list, nor has any official announcement regarding his participation been announced. And this seems to be the picture they're gonna use for Yuzu:
http://www.ctv.co.jp/event/the_ice/img/cast_hanyuyuzuru.jpg
Fingers crossed.

ETA: They've removed the hidden section that was previously in the source code, so the link to the hidden picture is not working anymore. I don't know what this exactly suggests, though.

zydeco88

On the Ice
Yes, it doesn't mean anything, really. However, the same thing happened with Dai when his name appeared hidden in AOI page source despite the fact that his inclusion in the cast hadn't been officially announced, only to be removed later; albeit temporarily, because it turned out he's indeed included in the cast.
Besides, if you look at THE ICE source, you can still find the html comment tag <!--...--> lingering between Kozuka's section and Mura's with no sense of purpose whatsoever :laugh:. They could've easily removed it together with Yuzu's hidden section if they deemed it unnecessary.
But I've read that there are cases in which removals are permanent and skaters end up not participating, though I have no concrete evidence regarding this.
So, Yuzu might or might not join the show, that's the only thing it suggests. We shall just wait and see. :)

wxunxx

Rinkside
AOI rehearsal time. Yuzu skates with Mr.Fujii's song True Love, one 3s and one axel, based on Asahi's repo, included in the program and program ended with last spin. Yuzu was practicing 4s after the program practicing session, fell once but he's OK.

There will be a news report broadcasting on late night of 2nd June NTV Going Sports, one of AOI promotions, Yuzu will show up together with Dai.

Mr. Goto, reporter of Asahi Media Co, was at AOI official practice, which probably means a news report of AOI may be on tmr's Asahi News, whatever TV or newspaper.

GP meeting will be held on 1st June, Tokyo, full GP entries will be released very soon after the meeting ends.

mysticice

Rinkside
Sounds like Yuzu really wants that 4S to become consistent. I hope he doesn't overdo it.

I am excited to see the GP entries. Of course some are obvious but especially the second choices for the top skaters are interesting.

giulia95

Medalist
Sounds like Yuzu really wants that 4S to become consistent. I hope he doesn't overdo it.

Yuzu perfectly knows he needs 4S or a 4T-3T combo in his FS in order to get a medal . IMO the problem is not to overdo it , since Yuzu hasn't a history of overtraining himself, but to have a coach who is really able to fix the 4S besides removing the 4T-3T from programs .:)