Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 37 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

annca

On the Ice
thanks for all the info about the dvd, i think i'll just buy the blu ray one :)

and thanks for the updates guys :yay:

Yuzusan

On the Ice
Anyone can say me if Yuzu EX is over ? because I watched the planning and Yuzu does not appear on next shows. So we will see him at Finlandia ?

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Anyone can say me if Yuzu EX is over ? because I watched the planning and Yuzu does not appear on next shows. So we will see him at Finlandia ?
Well, in one of the latest interviews he said he is going back to Canada for training and people did not see him listed in any other upcoming shows. I assume he might be back in Canada or will be there shortly. After that he is going on vacation with his family that was offered by ANA, his major sponsor. That is all we know for now. Hopefully he will have time to refine his SP and make a brilliant LP, at least a good draft of it before the vacation and then have enough time to build up his stamina for a powerful SP and a quality LP.
I don't mind not seing him performing before Finlandia Trophy as long as both programs would be a blast. I want him to come back stronger than ever.:)

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Well, in one of the latest interviews he said he is going back to Canada for training and people did not see him listed in any other upcoming shows. I assume he might be back in Canada or will be there shortly. After that he is going on vacation with his family that was offered by ANA, his major sponsor. That is all we know for now. Hopefully he will have time to refine his SP and make a brilliant LP, at least a good draft of it before the vacation and then have enough time to build up his stamina for a powerful SP and a quality LP.
I don't mind not seing him performing before Finlandia Trophy as long as both programs would be a blast. I want him to come back stronger than ever.:)

Me too, I'm relieved shows are over for him, I'm more glad he'll have time to spend with his family, now we have to wait 'till october ^^

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I have a question: Yuzuru said he listens to rock music before the competition (before entering the rink). Who can tell me- what rock bands or singers he listens to? Rock music namely.:think:

Esopian

Final Flight
^ One of the bands he listens to is called "The Sketchbook“ and they sing rock-genre songs. Their songs are pretty good and upbeat! :agree:

echotpe

On the Ice
I have a question: Yuzuru said he listens to rock music before the competition (before entering the rink). Who can tell me- what rock bands or singers he listens to? Rock music namely.:think:

There are several rock bands that Yuzu favorites have been reported in media, including back number, BUMP OF CHICKEN, MONKEY MAJIK, The Sketchbook and パンダライオン(Panda Lion, three of members are from Hi-Fi CAMP).

One of the most impressive scene may be he listened and sang the song of back number while entering the waiting area in Sochi. The song is “When you become a Super Star (スーパースターになったら)”, enjoy! :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3In1nyQQUQ4

unico

Final Flight

Survey of Top Personalities of First Half of 2014

Among people like Haruko Obokata (STAP stem cell controversy), Ryutaro Nonomura (the Onsen guy who went viral) and Keisuke Honda (soccer player), Hanyu came in 10th!! I think the show hosts thought that he would/should have been higher.

Oda talking about how addicted to kendama Hanyu is, and how he's gradually getting addicted to it himself lol. Oda talks about how when you do kendama right before a performance your concentration goes up, like for instance "I have to do it before I go out! I can do it!" and he'll try to succeed at kendama 10 times before going out to skate.

**Please correct me if I make translation mistakes! :eek::

annca

On the Ice
Survey of Top Personalities of First Half of 2014

Among people like Haruko Obokata (STAP stem cell controversy), Ryutaro Nonomura (the Onsen guy who went viral) and Keisuke Honda (soccer player), Hanyu came in 10th!! I think the show hosts thought that he would/should have been higher.

Oda talking about how addicted to kendama Hanyu is, and how he's gradually getting addicted to it himself lol. Oda talks about how when you do kendama right before a performance your concentration goes up, like for instance "I have to do it before I go out! I can do it!" and he'll try to succeed at kendama 10 times before going out to skate.

**Please correct me if I make translation mistakes! :eek::

thank you for the trans! :yay:

foruiz

Final Flight
There are several rock bands that Yuzu favorites have been reported in media, including back number, BUMP OF CHICKEN, MONKEY MAJIK, The Sketchbook and パンダライオン(Panda Lion, three of members are from Hi-Fi CAMP).

One of the most impressive scene may be he listened and sang the song of back number while entering the waiting area in Sochi. The song is “When you become a Super Star (スーパースターになったら)”, enjoy! :thumbsup:

Wow, he has good taste. :clap: Thank you for the list echotpe, I listen to heavy rock music and I guess it is high time to widen my musical inclinations a little. I particularly find back number songs good and sketchbook to be relatively heavier than the others on the list. :agree:

Sorrento

Record Breaker

Thank you so much! Actually I need help with Panda Lion, could you give me a link or two to their songs/ music? Youtube seems to give me only cute panda videos instead of music.:biggrin:

echotpe

On the Ice
Thank you so much! Actually I need help with Panda Lion, could you give me a link or two to their songs/ music? Youtube seems to give me only cute panda videos instead of music.:biggrin:

You should search in Japanese "パンダライオン".

Their album "パンダライオン 1 - EP". And one song of album "ハジマリのウタ (Song of the beginning)".

Of course, you can't miss their famous song for Yuzu cheering project in Sochi - "夢に描くキセキ (Miracle to draw a dream)" :agree:

In finale of Together On Ice, they sang this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4mSXeKrPCE

ayarose

On the Ice
I'm back! 4 days without electricity and internet...and water was a horrible experienced. I miss this place, it's like a happy pill.

I'm terribly amused by those fans who can't take it if their favorite skater posted pics with a bit of skin ship. I kinda understand adolescent fans but adult fans acting like teenagers, I don't get it. Maybe that's why I'm glad Yuzu doesn't have SNS and that Mao & Kana's are set to private.

Yuzu considering a quad in the 2nd half is believable but I don't remember him taking risk with his SP & LP at the same time. If you looked at his program layout he makes changes in stages and not all at once. He is calculating but he is scientific in his approach so I think he'll continue to work on his 4S and maybe create minor changes in his LP layout.

His affair with earphones and audio tech is adorable, I kinda relate since most of the time I'm being practical in spending but I reward myself on a regular basis after working hard 24/7. It's what keeps me sane and drives me to work harder.

Nori is certainly charmed, Yuzu has a way of charming uncles and claiming a spot in their hearts.

On his asthma and stamina, being this is my field of work and as fellow sufferer I can say that it's related. Asthma is a chronic condition and proper control (avoid allergens, take meds) avoids exacerbations/attacks. However, there are factors that can't be controlled such as weather/humidity/climate/season. Cold air per se in my experience and work doesn't causes attack. I'm heat intolerant, so air conditioning is my friend but cold air + extremes of humidity is a different matter. Sudden rain on a hot day also is not good for me (something to do with the chemical reactions of the ions irritating the airways and lungs). Reading about his asthma, i would say using our protocols that he is the uncontrolled type since he's been on meds even before he started skating and yet still has regular attacks. Although in fairness, the Japanese protocol is different.

Adding that to the fact that there are some variants of asthma that are triggered by exercise, stress and activities or events which increases chemicals that may cause narrowing of the airway, Yuzu can't skate longer compared to those without asthma. If he has limited time going through his program his body isn't conditioned to adjust to the rigorous layout thus his stamina is shorter. Being a slow and picky eater also doesn't help much because competitive skating consumes more than a thousand calories.

Also, being thin does NOT mean smaller lung capacity though. Taller and non-obese people as well those who lives in places with high altitude should have larger lung capacity. Asthma does not mean a smaller lung volume capacity but it would limit or hinder the flow of air if the airway becomes constricted.

unico

Final Flight
On his asthma and stamina, being this is my field of work and as fellow sufferer I can say that it's related. Asthma is a chronic condition and proper control (avoid allergens, take meds) avoids exacerbations/attacks. However, there are factors that can't be controlled such as weather/humidity/climate/season. Cold air per se in my experience and work doesn't causes attack. I'm heat intolerant, so air conditioning is my friend but cold air + extremes of humidity is a different matter. Sudden rain on a hot day also is not good for me (something to do with the chemical reactions of the ions irritating the airways and lungs). Reading about his asthma, i would say using our protocols that he is the uncontrolled type since he's been on meds even before he started skating and yet still has regular attacks. Although in fairness, the Japanese protocol is different.

Adding that to the fact that there are some variants of asthma that are triggered by exercise, stress and activities or events which increases chemicals that may cause narrowing of the airway, Yuzu can't skate longer compared to those without asthma. If he has limited time going through his program his body isn't conditioned to adjust to the rigorous layout thus his stamina is shorter. Being a slow and picky eater also doesn't help much because competitive skating consumes more than a thousand calories.

Also, being thin does NOT mean smaller lung capacity though. Taller and non-obese people as well those who lives in places with high altitude should have larger lung capacity. Asthma does not mean a smaller lung volume capacity but it would limit or hinder the flow of air if the airway becomes constricted.

Thank you for your insight! Me being the one who hypothesized that thinness (by which I meant the extreme narrowness and also relative shortness of his torso/thoracic region), I didn't mean it as a condition pertaining to his asthma rather just another factor that could contribute to his struggles with stamina. But you make a lot of interesting points, and in the end, educated guesses like yours are probably the closest we have to any sort of real answers.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
I'm back! 4 days without electricity and internet...and water was a horrible experienced. I miss this place, it's like a happy pill.

I'm terribly amused by those fans who can't take it if their favorite skater posted pics with a bit of skin ship. I kinda understand adolescent fans but adult fans acting like teenagers, I don't get it. Maybe that's why I'm glad Yuzu doesn't have SNS and that Mao & Kana's are set to private.

Yuzu considering a quad in the 2nd half is believable but I don't remember him taking risk with his SP & LP at the same time. If you looked at his program layout he makes changes in stages and not all at once. He is calculating but he is scientific in his approach so I think he'll continue to work on his 4S and maybe create minor changes in his LP layout.

His affair with earphones and audio tech is adorable, I kinda relate since most of the time I'm being practical in spending but I reward myself on a regular basis after working hard 24/7. It's what keeps me sane and drives me to work harder.

Nori is certainly charmed, Yuzu has a way of charming uncles and claiming a spot in their hearts.

Welcome back ! :D very interesting your info about asthma thanks ^^