Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 71 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Pamigena

Record Breaker
AAAAAHHHH!! Pamina I was THERE and watched it live!!!!!!!!!!!! It was truly umbelievable and the whole stadium exploded because of Yuzuru!!! Cuteness overload!
you got that right :biggrin: I'm already close to dying of giggles every time I watch it on screen

Yuzuru's performance of "Change" at TOI makes me so happy every time I watch that clip.:love::yay: I know everybody wants a new EX from him and I'd totally watch "Change" from a grown up Yuzuru again. :eek::
same here :laugh:
similar thought of old vs. new and since we were on the topic of costumes: I'd give my firstborn if I ever got to see him live in that Etude costume... I adore that rag like you wouldn't believe it.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
The point may be the color !

SP costume is white (light purple?) and black. So, LP may be totally different from it.

It's so fun, whether our imagination hits the mark or not.

Actually in some pictures posted at Yuzuru's forum the costume is blue but the lights make it look purple

giulia95

Medalist
you got that right :biggrin: I'm already close to dying of giggles every time I watch it on screen

same here :laugh:
similar thought of old vs. new and since we were on the topic of costumes: I'd give my firstborn if I ever got to see him live in that Etude costume... I adore that rag like you wouldn't believe it.

I believe you too!!!!! Etude is pure poetry on the Ice !! I hope he'll skate this program through the years to come.. it will become better and better :yes:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Actually in some pictures posted at Yuzuru's forum the costume is blue but the lights make it look purple
I also think that the lights during the shows have influenced the colors. There was one video (please don't ask me which or where it was posted, it already took me forever to find that video on my computer), and without the colored lights, it looks like white + a very light black, maybe some sort of dirty dove blue or... I dunno. In any case not as purple as it looks in most of the other pictures. (some of the bling looks like blue and purple, though)

Pamigena

Record Breaker
So it's another gradient styled costume? I haven't seen this picture before. It's very interesting.
I guess (can't really get a good picture from that clip)
and that particular screenshot I just took and uploaded like half an hour ago :laugh: so, no surprise you haven't seen it before

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
if you really want to smile just watch the last ten minutes of TOI

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x238bn8_2014-toi-part2-bs_sport

Yuzu's happiness is explosive and contagious!!:yay:

many thanks to the uploader:)

Oh that was great!! He is such an amazing performer and out of this world technician. I never tire of watching him. :popcorn:

I'm thrilled with his FS music choice as I've loved POTO for many years and felt Meryl and Charlie have been the only ones to really do it justice. From the clips so far I think Yuzu will be brilliant as the Phantom. I can hardly wait to see the entire program. I don't think fans should worry about the layout as Yuzu and his team know what they're doing. I admire him for wanting to challenge himself and improve. That's why we love him!

As for the costume, I like the dark blue idea with a tailcoat!! As long as it has no lace (and hopefully not designed by JW) I'll be fine with whatever he chooses.

This is going to be an awesome season people! :yay: :yay:

ciaetyn

Spectator
I've been lurking for ages, but I'm so happy that Yuzu is doing POTO!! It's one of my favourite musicals and the music is emotional and expressive, especially Music of the Night. It'll be super exciting to see how he chooses to express the complexity of emotions behind that song.

firal

Record Breaker
Aw guys, now I'm super excited about the possibility of a red Phantom costume!! He did say that red is his favorite and lucky color (apparently he asked to have both red and green bling-bling on his R&J2.0 costume because they were his lucky colors...), and we all know how superstitious he is :laugh:

unico

Final Flight
whole post

My real last post on this! I owe it to you for having written such a long response. Thank you :)

I agree that tone can make all the difference, and that different people can be put off by different things than others. I'm sorry that you feel that the thread has driven you away with what you see as negativity. But still, I think it's ok for people to post knee-jerk reactions, even if they're not favourable. And again, we've all pretty much moved on. People's opinions are all ok, as long as 1) they're non-malicious, and 2) they don't dismiss other people's opinions.

I don't think anything posted here recently comes close to the conspiracy theories of the anti-Orser brigade or the whiplash that Hanyu got for it, mostly including posts of a nasty ex-fan who has long since been banned.

I also think that the lights during the shows have influenced the colors. There was one video (please don't ask me which or where it was posted, it already took me forever to find that video on my computer), and without the colored lights, it looks like white + a very light black, maybe some sort of dirty dove blue or... I dunno. In any case not as purple as it looks in most of the other pictures. (some of the bling looks like blue and purple, though)

I can't even tell you how disenchanted I was to realize that it wasn't light purple.... I thought it was so charming!! I hope this grey-cobalt colour doesn't wash him out under competition lights (while I mourn in the corner, growing mushrooms, for what could have been) :cry:

About the POTO costume, I think most of us are hoping for something dapper like a tailcoat, but given how much he sweats in the free program... I think it's going to be something light/airy like another onesie. Bring on R&Jno2 #2!!!!! :party2:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
someone posted weir's 2001 sp on twitter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zESaOorWlk8&feature=youtube_gdata_player <---- now we know where he got his sp costume design :)

from ana twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/ANA_travel_info/status/498618893359796224

Those are really pretty pictures from ANA.

Maybe Japanese fans can help, we already know that Yuzuru can choose only up to 5 sponsors? How will he choose his title one (ANA until now) or it will remain as an ANA sportman?

annca

On the Ice
I didn't know it :jaw: thank you for the link.

i didnt know it either :) i just saw some japanese fans posting it around twitter and clicked on the link haha. i just wish yuzu had the same colored sleeves with the body of the costume just like weir's.. but either is fine for me :)

and yes ^_____^ he seems to adore weir especially his costumes

Pamigena

Record Breaker
okaaaaay, so, since his SP costume was once again Weir inspired... good news for Team Sparkles, I guess :laugh: I can totally see how something like this could be turned phantomtastic :biggrin:

I can't even tell you how disenchanted I was to realize that it wasn't light purple.... I thought it was so charming!! I hope this grey-cobalt colour doesn't wash him out under competition lights (while I mourn in corner, growing mushrooms, for what could have been) :cry:
me too. Purple would've been lovely. But depending on the mushrooms you are growing there, the color might just magically change on its own :biggrin: or we could just drink our way out of this (I'm kidding, btw, just in case anybody doesn't catch my drift here. I'm fully prepared to wait and see how it looks in the first competition. You have no idea how I'm waiting to see that XD )

annca

On the Ice
okaaaaay, so, since his SP costume was once again Weir inspired... good news for Team Sparkles, I guess :laugh: I can totally see how something like this could be turned phantomtastic :biggrin:

okay,, so where are we gonna put the phantom mask? :biggrin:

i just really wish for him to skate on something normal even with all the bedazzles and sparkles he needs :)