Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 28 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

littlexflower

Rinkside
Hello, I'm new here. Could anyone tell me if Yuzu is gonna compete next month in Worlds? If he will, then since there is only nearly a month left, he'll probably still use the same rountines he performed in Sochi right?

Crylais

Rinkside
Hello, I'm new here. Could anyone tell me if Yuzu is gonna compete next month in Worlds? If he will, then since there is only nearly a month left, he'll probably still use the same rountines he performed in Sochi right?
HI! Welcome!

I am sure he will go to Worlds. There is no reason why he wouldn't go as it is in Japan. And yes he will be doing the same programs. Skaters generally do the same program for that whole season.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
David Wilson is kinda like a hit or miss. I like some of the programs he choreography for Yuna. Not all though. Some were just plain bad haha.

I think David will still do Hanyu's LP and Jeffrey Buttle will do his SP?

If my calculations are correct Parisienne Walkways has broke the WR a total of 4 times? Twice last season and twice this season?

The programs he choreographed this season (which was the Olympics no less!) were snoozefests. The people who choreographed Hanyu's 2012 R&J program did an AMAZING job.

aschiutza

On the Ice
Hanyu is such a great skater! Loads of personality and dynamic.... I hope he will stay injury free for his whole career and shows us some great programs.

I cannot wait to see what he brings next season!

luckykid

On the Ice
During the press conference after Hanyu returned to Japan, he was asked what he would like to do most now that he has returned, and he said nothing much, then he added that he would like to get back to practice as soon as possible. Sounds exactly like him lol.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
The programs he choreographed this season (which was the Olympics no less!) were snoozefests. The people who choreographed Hanyu's 2012 R&J program did an AMAZING job.

Interesting comparison between the two Romeo & Juliet programs by morozombie can be read here. Is there another R & J soundtrack somewhere? I hope not!

Crylais

Rinkside
What a pity he fell twice in his FS, he only needed to be as clean as in this video, someone in Russia took this the same day FS event happened: http://youtu.be/id39E3B1Z7s
No wonder why the Australian Commentators were like "No one expected that" when he fell on his 4S. I was thinking to myself "yes it was!" If I saw this b4 the FS I would have been surprised too hehe

giulia95

Medalist
I'm glad you enjoyed it :) - but just to eliminate any possible misunderstanding - the translation is not mine, I'm just sharing what I found. Which may be exactly what you meant, of course - but I just want to make absolutely sure not to take credit for something I didn't do! :)

thank you so much for sharing!:)

Plushy's praise is sincere and honest since he predicted Yuzu's OGM two years ago o may be even before!

I hope Plushy will recover soon and fully !!

Lunna

On the Ice
Right now I'm really curious about the programs he'll have for the next season. Can there be something even greater than parisienne walkways?:popcorn:
I dream about a program with japan music, cuz I like Yuzu's skating in shows with such music. But anyway I don't think we'll see such a program from Wilson, so nevermind. Maybe new program will be smth. lyrical as the opposite to this year.

giulia95

Medalist
Can there be something even greater than parisienne walkways?:popcorn:

At Olys Yuzu gave a masterful interpretation of PW SP , he was in total control of his nerves and of the situation.. at a certain point I felt almost scared by his amazing control, it seemed even too much at such young age, I don't know how to explain it clearly.

but White Legend EX was a totally different story and it was so Yuzuru, just no need to interpret it, it came spontaneously from deep inside, he skated with total abandon and gave himself to the music.

This is Yuzu's upper level , like R&J n°1 as Morozombie perfectly expressed . Yuzuru will continue to challange himself techically , he has Mao's attitude, but the upper level is already there , it only needs adequate programs to show and to fully develop.:)

phaeljones

On the Ice
At Olys Yuzu gave a masterful interpretation of PW SP , he was in total control of his nerves and of the situation.. at a certain point I felt almost scared by his amazing control, it seemed even too much at such young age, I don't know how to explain it clearly.

but White Legend EX was a totally different story and it was so Yuzuru, just no need to interpret it, it came spontaneously from deep inside, he skated with total abandon and gave himself to the music.

This is Yuzu's upper level , like R&J n°1 as Morozombie perfectly expressed . Yuzuru will continue to challange himself techically , he has Mao's attitude, but the upper level is already there , it only needs adequate programs to show and to fully develop.:)

I agree.

As well, he tends to work to conquer (and develop) his programs over each skating year. How he skates them earlier is different than how he skates them later. nothing stays the same. they are journeys, not end events. even in 2012, with the first version of R&J, it changed and became something better and bigger as the year progressed and he started to gain his command of it. His performance at worlds 2012 was the brilliant culmination of a year's work on the piece. Looking elsewhere, PW this year is, imo, way better than last year. It has grown both technically and artistically. Similarly, with R&J, second version this year, I still think that he will make it better and there is hope for the choreography through his ability to interpret and grow into the work. I would agree that R&J#2 is not as nice yet to look at as his previous version though. I also think a good effect of Hanyu and Orser and Co. deciding to go tight and safe on the choreography is that it has had a positive effect on his development (TES especially). In the future, I do wish that David Wilson would choreograph for Hanyu more artistic choreography (like he did for Chan with the Steppin' Out piece performed at the gala) as he is capable of doing but it is also understandable and defendable to take the route they have taken these last two seasons to develop and pace Yuzuru at this critical stage of his skating. The story is only beginning. It ain't over yet.

Becki

Medalist
No wonder why the Australian Commentators were like "No one expected that" when he fell on his 4S. I was thinking to myself "yes it was!" If I saw this b4 the FS I would have been surprised too hehe

Well, for people who have been paying attention to him only during the Olympics, it does come as a surprise. Yuzu is able to land the 4S, just not in competition. I think it's a mental block he has to overcome, and I hope he will do it at Worlds in March!

LRK

Record Breaker
thank you so much for sharing!:)

Plushy's praise is sincere and honest since he predicted Yuzu's OGM two years ago o may be even before!

I hope Plushy will recover soon and fully !!

Yes, Plushy has been praising Yuzu for years - in fact, it's possible that it was in a Plushy interview that I first heard of him (I don't follow juniors, and before joining GS I didn't even know the names of them); he was talking about this ultra talented young Japanese kid with whom he'd been doing shows, and the amazing jumps he landed, and said he would be one to watch for the future. :)

Thanks for your well wishes for Plushy - and I really hope so too!

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Yuzu is able to land the 4S, just not in competition.
Actually, he has landed 4S in competition - Finlandia Trophy last October. Landed cleanly, GoE 1.50
I saw it with my own eyes :-D

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
I am shocked Japanese fans are still complaining about David Wilson and Brian Orser. :eek:

Yuzu went to Canada to become Olympic champion and that's what he became. Full credit goes to Yuzu AND Brian, David and Jeff Buttle. How can you dismiss a program that broke the world record twice? PW was sheer brilliance and fit Yuzu perfectly. As fans we need to support Yuzu's choices NOT constantly tear them down. Shame on you!

deedee1

Record Breaker
Congrats to Yuzuru for winning OGM and becoming the first Japanese male skater to achieve it! :)
The media attention on him is just crazy here! (but to tell the truth, the news about Mao is even crazier, as expected, she is on every TV channels almost every hour every day since Ladies free. :laugh: I don't think they let Mao retire anytime soon...) What always surprises me about this kid is Yuzu seems to keep himself fully cool-headed, perfectly knowing how to react to media/fangirl frenzy around him, how to behave in public, how to smile sweetest smiles towards cameras, etc. ;)

SquishyDumpling

Rinkside
I am shocked Japanese fans are still complaining about David Wilson and Brian Orser. :eek:

Yuzu went to Canada to become Olympic champion and that's what he became. Full credit goes to Yuzu AND Brian, David and Jeff Buttle. How can you dismiss a program that broke the world record twice? PW was sheer brilliance and fit Yuzu perfectly. As fans we need to support Yuzu's choices NOT constantly tear them down. Shame on you!

Buttle was able to choreo an exciting program for Hanyu and keep it CoP savvy at the same time. Even as a fan of Hanyu, I still think the two Wilson free programs are a bit dull, but it accomplished the mission and milked the CoP for all it was worth and that's something to cheer both Wilson and Hanyu for :thumbsup:
For me, I hope that Team Hanyu/Borser whatever you call it, will choose music for his FS that is different from the past two seasons or maybe shake it up and let Buttle choreograph the FS and Wilson the SP.

Any news if Hanyu is going to train in Japan until worlds or will he be traveling back to Canada to train?