Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 189 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

lbc2138

On the Ice
http://m.xportsnews.hankyung.com/?ac=article_view&toto_id=&entry_id=445874

"두 달 뒤에 와그너와 하뉴 유즈루의 롱프로그램 안무를 시작합니다. 이번 공연이 끝난 뒤 캐나다로 돌아가면 수많은 스케이터들과 작업에 들어가요. 그리고 7월에는 아라카와 시즈카(33, 일본, 2006 토리노올림픽 금메달)와 함께하는 프렌즈 온 아이스의 안무를 담당합니다."

Two months [after World Championships] Wagner and Yuzuru Hanyu are starting to work on their Long Program. And Shizuka Arakawa (33, Japan, 2006 Olympic gold medal in Turin), will be responsible for choreographing "Together on Ice" in July.

My Korean is a little rough so I could only translate the second part but the first part just talks about how Yuzuru's brilliant choreography and has inspired other skaters (translated: athletes). For some reason they mentioned Wagner but she isn't relevant in this article haha.

SuzyQ

Medalist
Two months [after World Championships] Wagner and Yuzuru Hanyu are starting to work on their Long Program. And Shizuka Arakawa (33, Japan, 2006 Olympic gold medal in Turin), will be responsible for choreographing "Together on Ice" in July.

My Korean is a little rough so I could only translate the second part but the first part just talks about how Yuzuru's brilliant choreography and has inspired other skaters (translated: athletes). For some reason they mentioned Wagner but she isn't relevant in this article haha.

I tried through Japanese by Google translation (Korean and Japanese are similar in the grammer).

二か月後にワーグナーと羽生譲(結弦)のロングプログラムの振り付けを開始します。今回の公演が終わった後、カナダに戻ると、多くのスケーターたちとの作業に入りますよ。そして7月には荒川静香(33、日本、2006年トリノオリンピック金メダル)と一緒にフレンズ·オン·アイスの振付を担当しています。

I will start working on the choreography of long program for Wagner and Yuzuru Hanyu in two months. Returning to Canada after this show (show with Kim Yuna?), I will start working with many skaters. And in July, I will be in charge of the choreography of "Friends on Ice" together with Shizuka Arakawa (33, Japan, 2006 Olympic gold medal in Turin).

But, this is through 3 languages, I cannot be sure what the orginal English really was :confused:

mikaboo

Medalist
@lbc2138
Thank you so much for taking the time to do this!

@SuzyQ
Yes, this is pretty much what I got from it. The J > K translation made more sense than the K > E translation. I guess Japanese and Korean languages are more grammatically similar? Thank you for you time!

staccato

Rinkside
^Personally I think Yuzu seems to suit music with some kind of underlying beat/rhythm. In fact, I think he does well with atmospheric music -- the ones with a really climactic rise and fall. He seems to radiate a certain kind of intensity when that happens, a la the step sequence in R&J 1.0. Still, a rock-themed LP would be exciting to see as he's almost always worked with classical music of some sort!

Also whoah, this thread moves so fast. It's interesting to see the range of topics. Thank you to everyone posting video links, pictures, articles and translations! :clap:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I hope it will be good, ... and it will work under COP. Jefrey Buttle's choreo for PW was just a masterpiecie :biggrin: . After PW I can imagine Yuzuru skating to AC.DC for example :D

Meoima

Match Penalty
I hope it's some rock so we can say hello to some cool outfit next season! :yay:
GOODBYE Johnny Weir!! I am sorry I like you very much but I don't want the kid to wear your clothes!!!:biggrin:

Meoima

Match Penalty
:unsure: Yeah, how could I forget... But that J-rock movement is ancient, now those men look manly all the same. Lol, Yuzu won't do something so ancient so I think it will be okay (or not, I am very scared). Cross fingers!

@echotpe: Jazz might be okay but I am not sure Yuzuru is into that kind of music!!! Since he will have 2 new programs, I guess we will have 2 different kind of music. Who will choreograph his SP is another matter. David Wilson or Jeffrey Buttle? David Wilson's short programs are kinda okay, not as lackluster as his LP recently. I hope it's Jeffrey Buttle! Or may be Shae-Lynn Bourne will cooperate with David Wilson?

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker

mich2

Match Penalty

Great news! Thank you. She is a better choice than Wilson.

BusyMom

Medalist
I'm just being picky here, but bands who look like that are usually part of a sub-genre of J-Rock, called "Visual Kei" or "V-Kei" (Visual Style)... :-D

Actually, according to wikipedia, some of them may not be rock bands at all... o_O
Don't take my post too seriously. Ha ha. I just love when Meoima gets so worked up talking about Johnny design. ;)

echotpe

On the Ice
@Meoima,
Before Parisian Walkway, Yuzu seemed performing much of classic music in competition programs. Still look forward seeing something different from now, based on preciously strategic designs.

By the way, find a rock Yuzu at 17 years old. Bonus is quad competition with Javi and Mura.

2012 THE ICE Hanyu × Reonowa

Meoima

Match Penalty
Don't take my post too seriously. Ha ha. I just love when Meoima gets so worked up talking about Johnny design. ;)
:cry: ABC*^(^*&%*&TRDV*(&*^*&%DHSFDH....!!!!!!! :cry:

You can see my title, costume is ALWAY important!!!!! :biggrin:

@Meoima,
Before Parisian Walkway, Yuzu seemed performing much of classic music in competition programs. Still look forward seeing something different from now, based on preciously strategic designs.
Classical music IS my division! I would love to see Yuzuru skate to Schubert's Winterreise song cylce, the 1st song is a masterpiece, a little bit gloomy, though: http://youtu.be/DLsaSm5iG9o?t=1m6s

If we need something more lively, then Petruska by Stravinsky: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v4vonP1XAQ

Or this one, Schubert again, if he likes to skate to string instrument: http://youtu.be/rSjeHGysdpM

I would love to see a rock SP and a long classical music next season!!! Or the other way around, it's totally okay!!!

seabm7

Final Flight
http://m.xportsnews.hankyung.com/?ac=article_view&toto_id=&entry_id=445874

화려한 선수생활을 마감한 뒤 안무가의 길을 걸었다. 이후 수많은 선수들의 몸짓에 영감을 불어넣었다. 본은 2014 소치올림픽 남자싱글 금메달리스트인 하뉴 유즈루(20, 일본)와 미국 여자싱글을 대표하는 애슐리 와그너(23)와 작업할 예정이다.

"두 달 뒤에 와그너와 하뉴 유즈루의 롱프로그램 안무를 시작합니다. 이번 공연이 끝난 뒤 캐나다로 돌아가면 수많은 스케이터들과 작업에 들어가요. 그리고 7월에는 아라카와 시즈카(33, 일본, 2006 토리노올림픽 금메달)와 함께하는 프렌즈 온 아이스의 안무를 담당합니다."

Well, I'm surprised that you would be interested in a Korean article. I found your takes on the English -> Korean -> Japanese translation not so bad so far. I happened to come here and saw your inquiry. Here is my version, just as a courtesy:

After a splendid amateur career, she took the path of a choreographer. She provided inspiration for movements of many skaters. She will work with Hanyu Yuzuru (20), men's singles gold medalist in Sochi, and Ashley Wagner (23), a well known representative of US women's Singles.

"In two months I will start choreography for long programs of Wagner and Hanyu Yuzuru; After this show, back in Canada, I will work with many skaters. And in July, I will handle choreography for Friends on Ice with Arakawa Shizuka (33, Japan, 2006 Torino Gold)."