Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 198 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
lmao. not sure I'm more relieved that he's responsible enough to remember to use protection or more worried that he's joining the "you sure that's not a girl?"-faction :laugh: (maybe a soup eater thing, I don't know... not sure I need to know)
Or maybe he just have been talking to Shizuka

Paola D

Rinkside
it is a price to pay when you're one of Japan's top skaters :slink:....

would someone please make him take a good nap with a pooh bear or something

From the beginning of June to the middle of July, he will have shows every weekend.:eek:
When will he go back to Canada?

Yuzusan

On the Ice
From the beginning of June to the middle of July, he will have shows every weekend.:eek:
When will he go back to Canada?

Never, Canadian government banned him due to his excellence. Indeed, he has started to become 5 times World champion and again gold medal at 2018 Olympics ;) There will have no place for canadian skaters ;) hahaha

Meoima

Match Penalty
Tomorrow is his last show in May, so I suppose he will come back to Canada soon. He will have at most 25 days at Canada according to the schedule.

mikaboo

Medalist
I hope he'll have time to go back to Canada, but I have a feeling he has 2 more appointments with the emperor in May.
1. Tea party 2. Purple ribbon medal ceremony
In Shizuka Arakawa's case, both the tea party and the medal ceremony were held in mid-May.

winterbell

Rinkside
Tomorrow is his last show in May, so I suppose he will come back to Canada soon. He will have at most 25 days at Canada according to the schedule.

nope. you forgot his purple ribbon medal and royal tea party thing. That will hold him at least another week in japan.

I hope he'll have time to go back to Canada, but I have a feeling he has 2 more appointments with the emperor in May.
1. Tea party 2. Purple ribbon medal ceremony
In Shizuka Arakawa's case, both the tea party and the medal ceremony were held in mid-May.

Good thing is that these two appointments are supposed to happen in the same day.

Esopian

Final Flight
'' No problem. I only have a cramp. I am not pregnant. (Pregnant women often experience cramp)'':eek:

Oh my ... he's awfully blunt at times. :eek:: Did he talk to pregnant women lately? He has a really interesting personality, 'soup-eater' indeed.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Really? Well, that's good know. :agree:

--------------------------
Found some videos of Shizuka's post-Turin duties.
Tea party for the Turin Olympic athletes. (Boring, I know but skip to see Daisuke's hair at 1:20 before you close the video)
Shizuka's Medal ceremony. (another boring video, but you get the point)

Can Yuzuru go wearing a Kimono male version?

OMG Daisuke´s hair. His hair looks like http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/shi_verydanger/19319166/6692/6692_original.jpg

SuzyQ

Medalist
Oh my ... he's awfully blunt at times. :eek:: Did he talk to pregnant women lately? He has a really interesting personality, 'soup-eater' indeed.

Shizuka Arakawa is expecting a baby :)

So, she has cancelled ice shows after this. I wonder if she will do only the choreography for Friends on Ice together with Shae-Lynn Bourne :think:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Leaving you with this link where someone has gathered all the tweets from the PIW Hachinohe before I go to sleep.
http://matome.naver.jp/odai/2139969716340413901

Enjoy!
Thank you for the link.

If google translate is right this are Yuzuru´s boots that he was using when the earthquake happened?
https://twitter.com/natural_fig_/status/464945941280088064/photo/1

lol Machida is not amuse https://twitter.com/mikappa78/status/465104467759599616/photo/1

Yuzuru meating Yuzuru´s fan boy https://twitter.com/10ma_Kawakami/status/465088906870808576/photo/1 :laugh:

Can someone translate this please https://twitter.com/syakemina/status/465083813186375681/photo/1

PatricksGaze

On the Ice

I wonder why he has such knowledge. More like experience LOL. Did he learn it at university? It would be weird if Shizuka told him about cramps. Why would she do it?

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Thanks mikaboo for the links!

I am glad that in the tea party, Yuzuru has another chance to show the emperor his Olympic gold medal; otherwise his next chance will be after the 2018 Olympics ;).

As for Daisuke's mane, nimi over at the Tatsuki thread described it as "theatrical hair," and the one he had in the emperor's tea party with Shizuka surely must be one of the most theatrical of all his hairstyles. I wonder at the amount of hair product that went into it. PS. Daisuke does carry it off well though.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
In the Team Japan thread there is a very nice and long interview with Akiko Suzuki. I advice you to read it, Akiko is a beautiful and wise person http://sportiva.shueisha.co.jp/clm/o...4/25/post_356/

I´m bringing this extract about Yuzuru
This time, you were charged with an important task called "captain" of team Japan in the team event.

I did nothing daringly because I knew all members very well. In the team event, Yuzu (Yuzuru Hanyu) led the van in Men's single. The atomosphere of the Olympics is always unique, but it was very different from the past Olympics because of the first team event. The cheer for Russia was tremendous and we were totally "away". But Yuzu jumped out there and concentrated on his performance, he finished his short program perfectly. He calmed down very much even though it was his first Olympics, he gave us in the cheering section some advises such as "it is difficult to hear the call of "the last one minute" in the 6-minutes-warm up because the cheer is so loud" or "you will hear a lot of sounds before doing the performance, but you'd better think it is for you". He is young, but he is cool-headed. He told us what he felt actually when he performed, it helped following skaters. Figure skating is an individual sport but we thought about how we all could do our best, it was like "he is fighting, so must I!" We improved supporting each other, I think it was a good team.

PatricksGaze

On the Ice
In the Team Japan thread there is a very nice and long interview with Akiko Suzuki. I advice you to read it, Akiko is a beautiful and wise person http://sportiva.shueisha.co.jp/clm/o...4/25/post_356/

I´m bringing this extract about Yuzuru

Actually when I read it I was amazed by Yuzuru's leader attitude. Caring about teammates and helping them so the whole team will do well, he would be a great captain if he chose sports games instead of figure skating.

winterbell

Rinkside
I wonder why he has such knowledge. More like experience LOL. Did he learn it at university? It would be weird if Shizuka told him about cramps. Why would she do it?

well, he has an elder sister, who is now about the age of getting married and maybe getting pregnant. He stays with her at home these days. And if it is Shizuka, maybe at the backstage of SOI he has seen her having leg cramps in his own eyes. You never know. And I don't think it is anything strange that some people will have some unusual knowledge considering their experience :) We just can't judge from our experience.

For this case, I think Yuzuru just told a dry joke to make fans not worried about him getting injured. I do hope he did not.

Esopian

Final Flight
well, he has an elder sister, who is now about the age of getting married and maybe getting pregnant. He stays with her at home these days. And if it is Shizuka, maybe at the backstage of SOI he has seen her having leg cramps in his own eyes. You never know.

Yeah, that makes sense. With siblings, any sort of news could be shared and when they live under the same roof; many things are heard (especially at his age). :think:

Truthfully, I think we'll all over-thinking what he said. ;) It probably came out of the blue, proving to the fans that he's doesn't falter as easily as others think. It's true: you never know.